Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
off boost it drives pretty good actually I see positive manifold pressure by 3200rpm part throttle and I don't know where you say that my mid timing is low... lol compared to what? A stock turbo? The evo 9 map you are commenting on is running damn near the same midrange timing. I actually run less in the cruise by like 3* not a deal breaker.
Originally Posted by domyz
Snappy without boost I mean't.

Last edited by 01sporty; Aug 25, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, I'm thinking this is the final revision.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-timingmap4.jpg  
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NightCat
Alright, I'm thinking this is the final revision.

where is your midrange? (like 5psi)
where is peak load
what is your max load cell and what are you using to control boost?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01sporty: Couldn't see the video, but nice work on 91 oct. Do you all have all have E85 in Utah?

Update: Saw the vid. Is this in Utah? I see that you're getting E85. That will be so much nicer than 91!!! Our 91 here in Colorado is terrible too! I bet it's the same as Utah. Why can't we have 93?

Last edited by PureDrivePerformance; Aug 25, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 01sporty
where is your midrange? (like 5psi)
where is peak load
what is your max load cell and what are you using to control boost?
midrange...no idea what psi it's at. Not logging boost.

Peak Load - 295 2Byte. (4th gear) 288 2byte (3rd gear)

Boost is on an MBC per the owners request, not to my liking.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PureDrivePerformance
01sporty: Couldn't see the video, but nice work on 91 oct. Do you all have all have E85 in Utah?

Update: Saw the vid. Is this in Utah? I see that you're getting E85. That will be so much nicer than 91!!! Our 91 here in Colorado is terrible too! I bet it's the same as Utah. Why can't we have 93?
we have three stations around salt lake(20 miles from salt like in orem/provo)
but there is an independent chain that is dropping 110vp leaded and switching their pumps to e85(e70 measured on my tester)
I agree with you on the 91 octane!!! It blows!!! I tried some non-ethanol 92 octane that one place carries... funny thing happened though I actually started picking up more than my occasional 1 count I was seeing 2,3,sometimes 4 in fourth. My theory is that even 10 percent ethanol helps knock suppression. I have tested our 91 and it is on average 8-11% ethanol where I fill up.

Did you hear in the video in first and second the dang wastegate was blowing open
Old Aug 25, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

midrange...no idea what psi it's at. Not logging boost.

Peak Load - 295 2Byte. (4th gear) 288 2byte (3rd gear)

Boost is on an MBC per the owners request, not to my liking.
dang!!!!! I would so vehemently express your dislike on the MBC!!!! I absolutely Loathe entirely tuning cars on manual boost controllers. I would keep working him and try and do a mac valve for sure!!!! your map is spot on in the wot range though for pump gas. has this car seen 1320 times yet?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:02 PM

dang!!!!! I would so vehemently express your dislike on the MBC!!!! I absolutely Loathe entirely tuning cars on manual boost controllers. I would keep working him and try and do a mac valve for sure!!!! your map is spot on in the wot range though for pump gas. has this car seen 1320 times yet?
I whole heartedly agree with you, I despise MBC's with a passion.

Most of the cars I tune I have on GrimSpeed EBCS's or some other flavor of EBCS so I can control boost at all times and cut it down to nothing incase the SHTF

I told him I'd feel better using the OEM BCS, he wanted to stick with the manual so...yea, it made my job easier, but I showed my dislike of the idea.

I'm primarily a Subaru Tuner and haven't done an Evo in several years... I miss how simple and easy they are by comparison.

No Times yet, this is part 2 of a 3 part tune.

Part 1 was to dial in the Stock Injectors on a Fairly Stock tune incase he ever had to sell the vehicle and wanted to go back to stock.

Part 2 (Current tune) As you see before you, a pretty mean streetable tune.

Part 3 - E85 pushing for real power. (hoping to see 350/370) or so...going to up the boost a little. It's around 23psi if I had to guess off what I Read on the gauge.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

I whole heartedly agree with you, I despise MBC's with a passion.

Most of the cars I tune I have on GrimSpeed EBCS's or some other flavor of EBCS so I can control boost at all times and cut it down to nothing incase the SHTF

I told him I'd feel better using the OEM BCS, he wanted to stick with the manual so...yea, it made my job easier, but I showed my dislike of the idea.

I'm primarily a Subaru Tuner and haven't done an Evo in several years... I miss how simple and easy they are by comparison.

No Times yet, this is part 2 of a 3 part tune.

Part 1 was to dial in the Stock Injectors on a Fairly Stock tune incase he ever had to sell the vehicle and wanted to go back to stock.

Part 2 (Current tune) As you see before you, a pretty mean streetable tune.

Part 3 - E85 pushing for real power. (hoping to see 350/370) or so...going to up the boost a little. It's around 23psi if I had to guess off what I Read on the gauge.
350 wheel horse?? on e85?
I have a guy that is on an evo9 turbo and fp25psi actuator on e85 that makes 393hp/410 tq ( torque below 4k is below 400)
If you are going to push that car on e85 I would tell him he is in for a landscape window sooner than late in his block if he keeps insisting on running a MBC. Reasoning is You cannot control boost onset with a MBC when Dumbas* people do long pulls from low rpms plus the awesome benefits of wgdc boost error mode and o2 safety is kick butt!!!! I don't understand why people won't spend the 130 dollars for the plug and play grimspeed. heck I can get mac valves locally for 40 dollars with fittings!!!! stupidity to run MBC unless its in a hybrid boost control setup like what tscomp tom does

Last edited by 01sporty; Aug 25, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 08:58 PM

350 wheel horse?? on e85?
I have a guy that is on an evo9 turbo and fp25psi actuator on e85 that makes 393hp/410 tq ( torque below 4k is below 400)
If you are going to push that car on e85 I would tell him he is in for a landscape window sooner than late in his block if he keeps insisting on running a MBC. Reasoning is You cannot control boost onset with a MBC when Dumbas* people do long pulls from low rpms plus the awesome benefits of wgdc boost error mode and o2 safety is kick butt!!!! I don't understand why people won't spend the 130 dollars for the plug and play grimspeed. heck I can get mac valves locally for 40 dollars with fittings!!!! stupidity to run MBC unless its in a hybrid boost control setup like what tscomp tom does

Dont forget that I'm at 6000+ ft Elevation........it doesn't help us make power :P
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

01sporty
spool up is around 4k full boost
I can't see such thing in your log
you have twin scroll 12cm housing or went with undivided T3 ?
in your map tracer screenshot spool seems too late, hitting peak load at 6K
imo too low for HX35 + 2.4
this kind of spool is more like HX40 on 2.0 (no offence)
what cams do you have ?

Last edited by stunt2; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stunt2
01sporty

I can't see such thing in your log
you have twin scroll 12cm housing or went with undivided T3 ?
in your map tracer screenshot spool seems too late, hitting peak load at 6K
imo too low for HX35 + 2.4
this kind of spool is more like HX40 on 2.0 (no offence)
what cams do you have ?
Yeah sporty you first told us that you have full boost at 4k.
Thats why in the first place I tought this midrange timing was low (by mid range I meant high boost mid rpm). Look at your map at 4k high load, if you were to hit those cells, it would have been a very mild tune.
However like I said before, it's nice numbers for 91 so the cells your car use are on target.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Here is mine, I really appreciate your feedback:

Name:  Highoctaneignitionmap_zpsee807a82.gif
Views: 0
Size:  39.1 KB
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoIXJDM
Here is mine, I really appreciate your feedback:

Needs some smoothing (between 135 and 150 load in particular, also 70-80 load. And at 4k rpm between 195 and 225 load your timing goes 4-5-4. Use the graph function, should be a good visual aid to get that dialed in. Other than that it seems pretty reasonable, we'd have to see a log to see what your load curve looks like to confirm.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
How do you control knock when going light throttle and slowly enter boost? Sometimes when im in the highway i be on the throttle around 4k and be in 5 psi of boost and knock.
Do i control that with closed loop and open loop at a certain throttle percentage?

Do alit of you tune open loop or closed loop completely for your car? Like use the entire map besudes letting the front o2 take over

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps