Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks smooth as long as you're not past mbt.

I would definitely change those cams with that turbo. I'd hate to wait that long on the fun button before it tosses me into the seat lol.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReaperX
Looks smooth as long as you're not past mbt.

I would definitely change those cams with that turbo. I'd hate to wait that long on the fun button before it tosses me into the seat lol.
Thanks for taking a look, I only rev to 8000 since it's a stock block/head so most I'm seeing is 17-18*

It certainly is interesting, I have the boost to taper up past 6k rpms to keep a flat tq curve as well and to keep it ~400tq.

GSC S3s or Tomei 280s are on the books.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read somewhere in this forum that High Ignition Octane Maps 1, 2, 3 and 4 should be same. Also it is better to set Low Ignition Octane Maps 1, 2 and 3 about 2-3* lower than High Ignition Octane Maps. So far so good.

My question is, what I am doing with the "Alternate" Hi/Lo Ignition Octane Map ? Are those my main maps? When I push the ICS button and the light is flashing I am using the Alternate? So High Ignition Octane Maps 1, 2, 3 and 4 should be the same as the Alternate map? And Low maps should be the same with the Alternate lo. Also Alternate Lo and the other 3 Low maps are like failsafe or alernate lo is the failsafe?

I know that my car is been tuned and when the ICS flashing the car is much faster,better timing and higher boost, and when ICS not flashing is like standard car.

Which maps do what? Alternate is for standard or other way? I mean which map is used when ICS is flashing?

Last edited by mavraolan; Apr 9, 2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

OK Got it! Alternate maps are those activated when ICS is flashing

Now, should Alternate Hi/Lo Ignition Octane Map be the same with High/Low Ignition Octane Maps in regard? But again, if it see's knock which Low map is going to use to retard the timing, the alternate Lo or the normal Low octane ignition 1 2 3 ?

In Tephra Mods + Drop Boost on High-Knock is enable (1). Alternate Boost desire engine Load is enable when ICS is flashing.....so, when there is knock it will drop boost as is on Boost desire engine load 1,2,3,4 in Turbo section, right?

Oh God, I know nothing! I am a noob!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The alternate maps are to have a second tune on the same rom, so there's no reason to have them the same as the main maps. If they're the same then you might as well just disable alt maps.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

True that and thank you for your response.
But when alternate maps are in use, alternate Boost desire engine Load and alternate base wastegate duty is also in use. But if main maps are in use (ICS not flashing) that means that ecu is going to use the main Boost desire engine Load and base wastegate maps which are set lower than alternates.....so even if main timing maps and alternate timing maps are the same car won't boost the same so it is safe! Right?
I guess though it is better to have lower timings on main maps if you are going to use alternates!?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yes you could use alt maps to have the same tune but just run different boost levels. And yea it's better to have the more conservative of the two tunes on main maps, because if the battery is disconnected and you forget/don't know, at least you'll be on the safer map rather than being on the more aggressive on without realizing it.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

ok thank you for that.

Can I set low alternate map 3* lower than the high alternate map and be safe?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffbeagley
Been shadowing the ECUFlash forum for awhile learning as much as I can and trying different techniques, but this will be the first time I've asked for productive criticism so I appreciate any advice.

Evo 8
28psi on 62mm turbo
E85
Peak TQ/Load/PSI = ~5200 / 2* @ 290 load
290load tapering down to about 280 at 8k rpms.

EGR disabled

Thanks for any advice! Car seems to run great however I believe I'm quite choked up on these HKS 264 cams that came in the car.

Looks very smooth, I'd like to see a wot log, I'm wondering, is 2* too low at peak TQ/load for E85?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Do they look like that bad?
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by mavraolan; Apr 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

That looks fine mavraolan. One thing you may want to double check is the high-load area of the low octane map. Your timing goes 4 -6 0 at one point instead of smoothly going down from left to right.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
That looks fine mavraolan. One thing you may want to double check is the high-load area of the low octane map. Your timing goes 4 -6 0 at one point instead of smoothly going down from left to right.
Thx buddy. I use Big Maps smoothing tool and I smooth both of the maps so I believe that area is been fixed.
That tool smooth's but also retard the timing. If you think that those maps are fine now, I could make some log and then advance it little.
Which area do I have to advance for low end power/TQ?
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-untitled.jpg  
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

What does your load curve look like? At a quick glance your timing seems good already. And what fuel are you using?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
What does your load curve look like? At a quick glance your timing seems good already. And what fuel are you using?
Not sure how to log load curve but I will try on weekend ( if you could pm me how to do it I would appreciate it)
I am using 98. Is like 93 in US though I believe but not that good gaz.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

I just mean what peak load you are reaching and at what rpm, and what it tappers to at 7k rpm.

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps