Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by asiraj001
Hi everyone.. just joined the and my first post... I must say its a great resource to learn and help by sharing knowledge and experiences.

I would like to share my timing map - it is street tuned and hasnt been taken to the dyno yet. On VD it is, however, making 357 awhp and 268 ft lb of torque on 20 lbs of boost .. This is a stock bottom end. PTE 5858 with 272's on pump

Please share your comments..
There is some thing else going on.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDSM97
Well I wish I could be reporting back with some results after logging 1byte load, but before I got the chance to do any logs I was left stranded in the car on my way back from work. Fortunately it was only about a mile away from home.
My crank pulley decided to extract itself from the car and sheared off one of the bolts in the process. Unbelievable.
Want to thank a few of you guys for all the input, and hopefully i can get the crank pulley issue sorted quickly so that I can get back with results.
I'm back up and running again, now with a fluidamper replacement pulley and also had to replace the timing sprocket.
I Managed to do a log today. 1byte load is peaking between 330-340. I haven't added any timing in those cells yet but by looking at my ignition map it does look like my peak timing numbers were on point with the map in those load cells so I think all is okay. I'm going to try to add another degree up top tomorrow and log again to see if timing goes up.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDSM97
I'm back up and running again, now with a fluidamper replacement pulley and also had to replace the timing sprocket.
I Managed to do a log today. 1byte load is peaking between 330-340. I haven't added any timing in those cells yet but by looking at my ignition map it does look like my peak timing numbers were on point with the map in those load cells so I think all is okay. I'm going to try to add another degree up top tomorrow and log again to see if timing goes up.
Thats good to know buddy. Will you share your final timing map ?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 08:45 AM

bumping this old thread..

I've read through a ton of pages on this thread but just wondering if anyone has some quick pointers where to start with this. I am getting knock between 3-4000rpm and 5-6000rpm during WOT pulls in every gear
unfortunately i cant get evoscan to recognize the car to log properly. just using the CEL-on-knock with the Ceddymod flash that is currently in the car

car is a JDM 98 Evo5, stock except for open air filter and 3" exhaust from downpipe back, no muffler

does anyone see anything in these maps that may be my issue? I am new to this..(dont mind my pops and bangs timing.. i am a ricer
Should i pull some timing in the higher load cells at those RPMs?

Name:  AXYkukb.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  138.7 KB
Old Mar 4, 2018, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by isl.autoworks

I've read through a ton of pages on this thread but just wondering if anyone has some quick pointers where to start with this. I am getting knock between 3-4000rpm and 5-6000rpm during WOT pulls in every gear
unfortunately i cant get evoscan to recognize the car to log properly. just using the CEL-on-knock with the Ceddymod flash that is currently in the car

car is a JDM 98 Evo5, stock except for open air filter and 3" exhaust from downpipe back, no muffler

does anyone see anything in these maps that may be my issue? I am new to this..(dont mind my pops and bangs timing.. i am a ricer

What are you using for fuel?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tsi2Evo6
94 octane (Canada)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tsi2Evo6
94 octane (Canada)
94 octane is the issue. When I tune my customers JDM cars I have to reduce timing at peak torque by 3-5 degrees and 2-4 up top.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
compression increase

Looking for some advice for adjusting my map for an increase in compression ratio. I'm going from the stock 8.8:1 to 10:1 on 54% ethanol. My plan was to reduce the timing values by 15% (or at least 1 degree if the value is already is in the single digits) to accommodate the 14% increase in compression. Here is the map that I was using before the build:

full boltons, FP Red SS housing, GSC S2 cams

If anyone has any suggestions or general wisdom to share I would like to hear it!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Needs smoothing. For instance the 11 degrees in the 220 load/5500 rpm is out of place. Seems high at peak torque spool region. IE 10 degrees @220 load 4000 rpm. If you back your timing down you’ll be less likely to encounter knock during spool up. My turbo is a lot bigger and I’m on e85 but I have noticed dropping timing in the spool up area really didn’t make the car feel laggy, it seems to actually spool faster. Reducing timing @ low loads because of the compression increase is really unnecessary. Also I would rescale your rpm table. Get rid of the zero column and add a 2250rpm column.
3000 rpm, 120 load = 26 degrees is hot IMO
The following users liked this post:
butte (Apr 3, 2018)
Old May 7, 2018, 11:13 PM

EVO 6 unopened engine

Ive had my evo 6 tuned on E85, running ID1000 injectors and 460 e85 pump, kinugawa upgraded front, full 3" exhaust. completely standard inside..
On WOT it runs strong and AFR's are mid 11's but on general driving the light loads feel very jumpy. Im no tuner but it seems like the ignition timing is a lil agressive on light loads.. Would i be correct?

Old Jun 5, 2018, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
What do you guys think about my map? evo 8 with evo 9 turbo, gsc s2 cams, ets 4" ic, o2 dump, head studs,
full exhaust, full bolt ons on 93.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by nor11384
What do you guys think about my map? evo 8 with evo 9 turbo, gsc s2 cams, ets 4" ic, o2 dump, head studs,
full exhaust, full bolt ons on 93.
Hummm let me check it out.....lol
Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Very smooth map, one of the better ones I've seen on here but always check your logs for confirmation. You might be able to run more timing up top in the higher loads even on 93.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2winscroll

Hummm let me check it out.....lol

bahahaha
Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Very smooth map, one of the better ones I've seen on here but always check your logs for confirmation. You might be able to run more timing up top in the higher loads even on 93.
i was running 9 degrees up top in higher load but got a couple counts of knock...lowered it to 8 and knock went away...I may try it again when I have some time to see what it does...

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps