Notices
ECU Flash

Let's see your fully tuned timing maps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
No, change the columns like you did in the timing map. But notice that the columns will also change in the fuel map. Don't touch the map def.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
Here is my fully tuned timing map for my EVO9. My car is very basic: FMIC, TBE, and GM3PORT boost control. I'm still running stock intake with stock filter, stock cams, and stock LICP.

I'm about to add a BBK to the car. After adding injectors and setting boost to a moddest 26psi how will my timing map need to change?

I still need some assistance with this. What load should I scale out to? What cells should I cannibalize? If I'm running 4* peak tq and 13* peak HP timing do I need to reduce that X* for the bigger snail and higher loads? How do I determine what to start with?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

I'd say start with scaling out to 350. The 200-280 load area has very little change in timing, so you can take out some resolution from there. I would try to maintain 10-load increments until ~180 load since it's during spoolup and that's where the biggest changes in timing occur.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for that! Any ideas on peak tq timing and peak hp timing?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edited
Old Jun 3, 2011, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
No, change the columns like you did in the timing map. But notice that the columns will also change in the fuel map. Don't touch the map def.

Got it. I did notice after I saved the map and closed ECUflash, the fuel maps were the same as timing the next time I opened it up.
Spent a while lastnight redoing everything. Gonna try it this morning

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for that! Any ideas on peak tq timing and peak hp timing?
Might want to drop a couple degrees to start with just to be safe, then go from there. Peak torque will come later so the timing you have at say 3500 rpm might end up being at 4000 for example.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still need some assistance with this. What load should I scale out to? What cells should I cannibalize? If I'm running 4* peak tq and 13* peak HP timing do I need to reduce that X* for the bigger snail and higher loads? How do I determine what to start with?
Raptord has some good advice...As Raptord said your peak tq will go up slightly so maybe drop that area of 4s to 3* up to 4k rpms and drop your 13* peak hp down to 10* just to be safe. I would rather be feel a little slow your first couple logs then your SES/knock light flashing at you, haha. Also use the 3D graph and work on smoothing, not saying its hurting you but I see a couple areas where the #s jump around some and could use some smoothing. Every little bit helps! BBK Full is a fun turbo too!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
take a look at mine

I'm fine tuning some knock on light acceleration, adding 1 degree at a time

I think it needs some smoothing, trying to find out how to use the tool, or waiting for some time to do it manually

Thanks for your input

It's not fully tuned, just a quick tune from a friend

trying to tune myself with some help from friends and forums info

Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like you NEED more timing in that area. Your timing from 80-120 load drops too fast. Definitely work on that transition and knocksum should improve.

What kind of knock are you getting in that area? 1-2? or more than that?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So random question if your running a bigger turbo I.E. HTA86 Everyone knows your Peak TQ is going to be alot higher then on a stock framed turbo. Im seeing Peak load honestly around 5000 RPM. Now I can tune a Stock turbo, Fp red, Green etc, pretty easy on the street because you have plenty of room but my question is. Normally most the cars Ive come across hit peak tq maybe around 3500-4000rpm and timing is between 2 degrees to 4. With my personal car Im kind of stumped. I dont have access to a dyno just yet but with running such little timing around that higher RPM the car is just **** slow and ramping up the timing from 5500-7500 going from 4 degrees - 13 degrees its a terrible transition. So how exactly would you go about in doing this? I've raised the timing abit towards peak load around 6-7 and the car loves it and doesn't knock I just cant fathom this being safe. Any input would be awesome FYI only hitting max 300 LOAD (22psi) 93 octane no cams stock motor stock uicp etc... just ETS FMIC and goodies.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Need some help. My car only seems to ramp to 1* at peak torque (3500rpms). I have a Evo IX with TBE, LICP, MBC, open element filter, and self tune @ 23psi. Based on my Data Log Lab runs I'm only hitting 307whp/283 tq. My tq seems way low, I used to be closer to 300tq last summer. My timing map is attached below as well as a log. Any advice is welcomed. My biggest issue seems that my car will not take any timing increase below 4500rpms without consistent but sporadic knock. Also as you can see by my logs vs timing map my car is not hitting the timing I want? Is this because of interpoloation or resolution issues? Help

Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZanarkO
So random question if your running a bigger turbo I.E. HTA86 Everyone knows your Peak TQ is going to be alot higher then on a stock framed turbo. Im seeing Peak load honestly around 5000 RPM. Now I can tune a Stock turbo, Fp red, Green etc, pretty easy on the street because you have plenty of room but my question is. Normally most the cars Ive come across hit peak tq maybe around 3500-4000rpm and timing is between 2 degrees to 4. With my personal car Im kind of stumped. I dont have access to a dyno just yet but with running such little timing around that higher RPM the car is just **** slow and ramping up the timing from 5500-7500 going from 4 degrees - 13 degrees its a terrible transition. So how exactly would you go about in doing this? I've raised the timing abit towards peak load around 6-7 and the car loves it and doesn't knock I just cant fathom this being safe. Any input would be awesome FYI only hitting max 300 LOAD (22psi) 93 octane no cams stock motor stock uicp etc... just ETS FMIC and goodies.
If you're running such low boost it's normal that the car will take more timing. IMO if it keeps taking it, keep on giving it (to a reasonable extent obviously).

Originally Posted by MR White
Need some help. My car only seems to ramp to 1* at peak torque (3500rpms). I have a Evo IX with TBE, LICP, MBC, open element filter, and self tune @ 23psi. Based on my Data Log Lab runs I'm only hitting 307whp/283 tq. My tq seems way low, I used to be closer to 300tq last summer. My timing map is attached below as well as a log. Any advice is welcomed. My biggest issue seems that my car will not take any timing increase below 4500rpms without consistent but sporadic knock. Also as you can see by my logs vs timing map my car is not hitting the timing I want? Is this because of interpoloation or resolution issues? Help

What octane fuel? If it's 91 it could be normal, my car doesn't take much timing either, but I can still manage ~3 degrees at peak torque.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

I can understand your logic but still even when I raise the boost the area of where my peak load is going to be is not going to change that much. WIth this big *** turbo its still around 5000rpm. So are most people seeing that they can run that much more timing in that rpm range on bigger turbos? The car is fine Its just since its hitting peak Load so late I would think you can run more timing but I figured Ide ask.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

FYI and when I say "More" timing I mean more then what I originally thought.

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps