Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sent you pm evodomUA
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chetrickerman
sent you pm evodomUA
Please resend me - forgot the password at work.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:14 AM

Hey guys, I've attached screenshots of my maps as well as a log and a VDR graph. This is on 93 pump gas. 05 VIII, stock turbo, megan o2 housing 3" dp, tp, exhaust. Buschur street FMIC, injen UICP/LICP. Injen intake. APS BOV. Walbro 255. Hallman Pro MBC, 24psi with about 21-22psi at redline.

This is my first time tuning my car, so I'm open to comments and advice. I've made about 20 pulls so far and small changes along the way to get to where I'm at here. I've been taking it slow and reading a lot. Also, this is the first time I've messed with VDR. I can verify the settings for my car are correct, I weighed my car yesterday on a set of scales near my house. The numbers seem a little high to me. I've had a hard time finding a howto on using the VDR, the link in the directions tab of the XLS links to a site that is no longer there.

I really think the car has more in it, I've yet to knock in the midrange or up top, so I'm going to keep adding timing and see if there's any more left. Also, having a hard time getting the AFR dialed in at spool up, always wants to go rich for a second and trying to keep up with all the changes in the load cells during spool up is a PITA because it changes so fast in a matter of a few hundred RPMs.

EDIT: the log is a csv, I just added the .txt extension so I could upload it here.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-timing-map.png   Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-fuelmap.png   Let's see your fully tuned timing maps-screen-shot-2011-08-29-2.00.06-pm.png  
Attached Files
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
What load are you hitting? I'm guessing its not over 300. You should remove those high loads so you can have more definition in the areas you need it.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steveyrich
Hey guys, I've attached screenshots of my maps as well as a log and a VDR graph. This is on 93 pump gas. 05 VIII, stock turbo, megan o2 housing 3" dp, tp, exhaust. Buschur street FMIC, injen UICP/LICP. Injen intake. APS BOV. Walbro 255. Hallman Pro MBC, 24psi with about 21-22psi at redline.

This is my first time tuning my car, so I'm open to comments and advice. I've made about 20 pulls so far and small changes along the way to get to where I'm at here. I've been taking it slow and reading a lot. Also, this is the first time I've messed with VDR. I can verify the settings for my car are correct, I weighed my car yesterday on a set of scales near my house. The numbers seem a little high to me. I've had a hard time finding a howto on using the VDR, the link in the directions tab of the XLS links to a site that is no longer there.

I really think the car has more in it, I've yet to knock in the midrange or up top, so I'm going to keep adding timing and see if there's any more left. Also, having a hard time getting the AFR dialed in at spool up, always wants to go rich for a second and trying to keep up with all the changes in the load cells during spool up is a PITA because it changes so fast in a matter of a few hundred RPMs.

EDIT: the log is a csv, I just added the .txt extension so I could upload it here.
Not bad ! You can try to add more timing with 93 pump gas, exspecially in the spool up part and under 4000 rpm with full boost ! and why -7 degree at 2750rpm ? You can easily hit that in higher gear .
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ill take what I said back about adjusting load cells. I was looking at it with my phone so now I'm looking at it and it is pretty defined. Just a big map for a stock turbo.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going to change plugs from BR7ES to BPR8ES to see if that makes a difference to my high rpm knock. Hopefully get in a few runs tonight.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by steveyrich

Your timing map is all messed up. It looks like you extended your loads, but you didn't move the columns over. Your 100 load looks like it should be where your 160 load is.

Last edited by 3K; Aug 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GregM
I'm going to change plugs from BR7ES to BPR8ES to see if that makes a difference to my high rpm knock. Hopefully get in a few runs tonight.
Good luck keep us posted.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3K
Good luck keep us posted.

First few logs had massive misfire as boost came on. On my way home from that failure of a test I put my foot down and it stayed clean, so will take it back out shortly.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Well, what a big difference going from BR7ES to BPR8ES can make. A clean log!!!

Guess I can start leaning out the fuel and add some timing and see what happens.

Last edited by GregM; Apr 25, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Leaned it out abit so AFR's in mid to low 11's and I get a few knock counts. The car seems to like the richer AFR's.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by GregM
Leaned it out abit so AFR's in mid to low 11's and I get a few knock counts. The car seems to like the richer AFR's.
work on your timing to get rid of the knock. reduce the timing by .5 in the area wheres its needed. from maps ive seen timing normally start off high and get reduced after peak/tq hits and towards redline. all cars are different so find whats best for your car man.

nice start though.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted GregM
Looks good, now you know what your car likes.

Quick Reply: Let's see your fully tuned timing maps