Notices
ECU Flash

Meth Failsafe and Patches

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
It didn't switch maps via the ICS switch. It just did the normal ICS stuff. Is there something I'm supposed to change in the settings to have it be able to switch maps??
Old Jan 7, 2008, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Personally, I wish there was a way to make the ICS light stay on solid when my ALT MAPS are triggered, since I don't use my ICS sprayer. The blinking light on the way home was rather annoying,lol. Maybe a setting for the duration the light stays on between blinks? That way I can set it to 60000 ms or higher?? Just throwing ideas out. By summer time, stock ecu guys are gonna have QUITE an arsenal to choose from!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Personally, I wish there was a way to make the ICS light stay on solid when my ALT MAPS are triggered, since I don't use my ICS sprayer. The blinking light on the way home was rather annoying,lol. Maybe a setting for the duration the light stays on between blinks? That way I can set it to 60000 ms or higher?? Just throwing ideas out. By summer time, stock ecu guys are gonna have QUITE an arsenal to choose from!
man stop your whining...
I don't notice the light...to logging my car.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Dave spoils me, it makes me nag I guess,lol. Dave likes to appease everyone, thats why we love him
Old Jan 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah at first I found the blinking light annoying - which is why I put in a flag to disable it.

however after a couple of weeks you rarely notice it... I was actually going to make it blink a bit faster because in the day time its hard to see if its on/off
Old Jan 7, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

I'll probably hook up an LED to the ADC switch circuit and just disable the ICS light. I also noticed I can activate the alt map with the ICS switch and if I flip the ADC on, then off I can disable the ALT MAP. But if you activate the ALT MAP with ADC, the ADC switch is the only way to disable the ALT MAP.

In other words, its one or the other. If you want to use the map switching with a failsafe setup, you just have to use the ADC and not try to change maps on your own, for the most part.

Anything else you need me to test??
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:01 PM
EvoM Guru

No the ICS still turn altmaps on/off if you use it.

But ADC0F will only disable altmaps if it was the one to enable it in the first place.

This is for users who don't hook up ADC0F and use ICS...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

I can enable alt maps with the ICS and get it to disable with ADC, just can't do it the other way around.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 05:44 PM
EvoM Guru

nah it should be the other way round.

ie enable with ICS, CAN'T disable using ADC (unless you enable using ADC first)

enable with ADC, CAN disable using ICS
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a little late to the discussion here but after reading the entire thread I am beyond impressed. I think this is one of the greatest breakthroughs in stock ECU since Mr. Fred's direct boost control.

Amazing work guys!!

One quick question, ADC triggering for map switching can still be used even if I don't have ICS on my car correct?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
I'm a little late to the discussion here but after reading the entire thread I am beyond impressed. I think this is one of the greatest breakthroughs in stock ECU since Mr. Fred's direct boost control.

Amazing work guys!!

One quick question, ADC triggering for map switching can still be used even if I don't have ICS on my car correct?

Thanks man, its been quite a team effort which I think is really cool. All the hard work was specifically for the fact that some have ICS and some don't. So we found a way to add 2 pins to each ECU version so you can add a switch to ANY evo 8 or 9 ecu. Really soon I am going to make a tutorial with info on where to get the pins, how to install them (MrFred will need to do it for the IX ecu) and how to use all the gadgets in Tephra's latest ROM.

Oh MrFred, if you need some pins, I have 8 extra so I can mail you 2 for the write-up Just PM me your mailing address if you haven't already ordered some.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jan 7, 2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

I can't seem to get evoscan to let me use the logreference tags in the 'injection mixture' eval formula. Can anyone see anything wrong? The 'alcohol injection flow' formula works just fine. Its totally stumping me as to what is wrong here.

this works fine

Code:
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Alcohol Injection Flow" LogReference="InjectionFlow" RequestID="83" Eval="(X*0.0196078)*(1200/5)" Unit="cc" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="1200" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="1200" ScalingFactor=".1" Notes="Replace maximum flow rating in the formula to the highest reading your flow sensor can monitor at 5v. Example: (X*0.0196078)*(ENTER MAX CC FLOW RATING HERE/5).  Change gauge and chart scaling to accurately display your flow range." Priority="1" Visible="False" />

this one isn't registering the logreferences

Code:
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Alcohol Injection Mixture %" LogReference="InjectionMixture" RequestID="00" Eval="([InjectionFlow]/([InjectionFlow]+(513*4*([InjDutyCycle]*0.10))))*100" Unit="%" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="200" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="200" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="If you have changed your Injector Size Scaling to anything other than the stock injector scaling you must edit your formula with your new injector scaling size.  Example of where to alter the formula: (ENTER INJECTOR SCALING SIZE HERE*4*([InjDutyCycle]*0.10)" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
This is gonna be so cool when we can interpolate mapping with this One thing you'll notice with some of the crappy injection systems is they either flow their maximum, or they are off. No expodential increase as the IDC's go up. When you log these systems you'll notice the percentage of alcohol is greatest when the system activates and leans out as the rpm's go up. There is no consistant mixture what-so-ever. This is why the 'good' systems with IDC inputs kick their butts from dyno pull to dyno pull.
Still can't find anything wrong with this code (the bottom one). Anyone good with evoscan code? I just can't find the flaw.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jan 8, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Still can't find anything wrong with this code (the bottom one). Anyone good with evoscan code? I just can't find the flaw.[/QUOTE]

Looks ok to me. I suggest:

1) Beging replacing items (one at a time) in the formula with a "1". If it still doesn't work after making everything in the formula a "1", then
2) Start removing stuff from the formula.

Once you find out what's breaking the formula, then you'll probably quickly realize what's needed to fix it.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Found the problem and it wasn't the code, its Evoscan 2.0. Apparently you can't use a log reference in your code unless its lower on the list than the data item you are using in your formula. So if you want to reference the injector duty cycle in your coding, you have to make sure that "Injector Duty Cycle" is higher than your added item on the list. Not only that but I found a lot of bugs in the new evoscan when it comes to adding or moving things on the list, kind of a pain.

MrFred, your pins are in the mail

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jan 8, 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Found the problem and it wasn't the code, its Evoscan 2.0. Apparently you can't use a log referencein your code unless its lower on the list. So if you want to reference the injector duty cycle in your coding, you have to make sure that "Injector Duty Cycle" is higher than your added item on the list. Not only that but I found a lot of bugs in the new evoscan when it comes to adding or moving things on the list, kind of a pain.

MrFred, your pins are in the mail
That kinda makes sense with EvoScan. Thanks for sending those pins. Hoping that either yours or Richard's will work. Otherwise, I'll have to find it in Newark or Allied Electronics online.

Quick Reply: Meth Failsafe and Patches