ECU Flash

Meth Failsafe and Patches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
well i saw thinking about this today.

do you really need injector scaling switching?
It is one of the key variables to tune E85.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah read that this morning..

i will see what I can do :P
Old Feb 4, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Thanks much
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
DIY ALT MAP harness tutorial is now updated with donation links for Tephra's patches and purchasing links for the ALT MAP harness' offered by me if you don't want to make your own. Cost is $18.99 plus 3 choices of shipping for anyone interested.

http://www.dsm-ezine.com/evoVIII_adc_switch.html

CLICK HERE!
Jack_of_Trades, you should post that howto somewhere on EvoM, that is absolutely perfect. I'm going to be running an Aquamist HFS-1 and the 12V output for failsafe is going to integrate perfectly with tephra's hack. THANK YOU for helping figure this out, I am insanely pumped.

The Aquamist setup w/ GM BCS (which I use) will be particularly eloquent, because the DDS gauge has a power switch on it. The failsafe output will provide +12v (which I will drop to 5V with your info, ecu pin and 220k resistor) when the system is armed and functioning correctly. If failsafe occurs, OR I switch the DDS gauge off, I will be dropping to base boost, fuel, and timing maps, so I can be alky or no alky at the push of one button.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its such a large tutorial (plus the videos) that I felt it was best to just upload it on my site. Possibly once its done I can convert most of it onto here if needed.

I will be offering a "universal failsafe control unit" very soon which accepts three +12v inputs, three +5v inputs and three ground inputs which all can be used simultaneously which trigger a regulated +5v output to the ECU input.

I also am adding a pair of low current +12v, +5v and ground outputs to activate any additional failsafes like a wastegate bypass solenoid. If more than 500mA of current is needed, you simply would need to add a relay to your setup. I just need to price out all of the components.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:37 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I verified with Richard @ Aquamist how we could nicely integrate this with an Aquamist HFS-1 or HFS-5 system. The wiring is quite simple. I will be testing this when I get my HFS-1 kit and whenever tephraV5 comes out!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...60#post5253860
Old Feb 7, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Richard pointed out a better way for me to make the harnesses so its a solid 5V when switched on, regardless of battery voltage. I will update the tutorial soon.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have guys at Mercedes that are tripping over this patch.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laramie_05MR
I have guys at Mercedes that are tripping over this patch.

Is that good or bad?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

I have a QTP downpipe, I am going to add Meth injection and ECU based boost control with the JDM map sensor and the switch thingy. I want to switch maps between QTP pipe open, boost up, meth on OR QTP pipe closed, boost down, meth off.

For some reason I can't get my mind around this too well. I can do this setup right? Don't worry, I will not be doing this myself (I can do the installs, but the ECU is beyond me as of yet), but I am goin to have someone do this for me. i just have to be able to explain what I want.

Keep up the good work!
Old Feb 9, 2008, 09:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Yep, tephra's map switching and my boost control mods will be compatible.

These mods aren't too hard to do, but it does take some understanding of the basic items (ROM, ECUFlash, modifying certain files, ...)
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I have a QTP downpipe, I am going to add Meth injection and ECU based boost control with the JDM map sensor and the switch thingy. I want to switch maps between QTP pipe open, boost up, meth on OR QTP pipe closed, boost down, meth off.

For some reason I can't get my mind around this too well. I can do this setup right? Don't worry, I will not be doing this myself (I can do the installs, but the ECU is beyond me as of yet), but I am goin to have someone do this for me. i just have to be able to explain what I want.

Keep up the good work!
So I assume you intend to keep the entire stock exhaust and catalytic converter installed since you're going with the QTP downpipe? I ask because its been dyno proven to have no gains when used with a 3" turboback exhaust.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising
Is that good or bad?
Good. Pretty much everyone is a domestic fan till I give them a ride. Then they see what 2L and ecu hacking can do.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tephra, sent you email in reply to your disasm.

I lost the copy to post here to let the others know what we are thinking, but basically I've suggested that Tephra could change his pointers to RAM to have two copies of fuel, timing, boost, injector. These would be in 2 x 2k blocks - master copy stored in ROM and then they are copied to RAM when the ECU is reset. By grafting on my DMA RAM editing patch and working the PC software I've been doing a bit more, the user could then edit the two copies of the maps and you can do all your funky switching by switches or sensors and be able to live map as well.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 04:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Sounds good John,

I think the hard bit will be integrating your DMA code into the various ROMID's, so if you can break it down for me that would be great

Quick Reply: Meth Failsafe and Patches