Notices
ECU Flash

Finding load cells

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding load cells

I'm trying to find out how to pinpoint what exact load cell, in let's say the timing map, the car is hitting from a log?

What method are you guys using and what are you logging?

I've searched but the info confusing, thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
2 byte load will get you the info you are looking for.

The main thing is to remember that the ECU interpolated between load cells. IF therefore you were to see a value at lets say 250 of 7, then looked at your map and noticed at the given rpm 240 was 8 and 260 was 6, there is where your 7 comes from. The rounding error and what load cell it will start to lean toward I cant remember but I generally dont worry about it as long as its not causing issues.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
2 byte load will get you the info you are looking for.

The main thing is to remember that the ECU interpolated between load cells. IF therefore you were to see a value at lets say 250 of 7, then looked at your map and noticed at the given rpm 240 was 8 and 260 was 6, there is where your 7 comes from. The rounding error and what load cell it will start to lean toward I cant remember but I generally dont worry about it as long as its not causing issues.
Thanks John, Thats what I have been doing also.
I wanted to know if there was a way to find the single cell that it'll end up in, since it would be more effective to modify the single cell affected then two adjacent ones.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

you could also rescale your load table on the timing and fuel. look for posts on how to do that, read as much as you can if you decide to try it. I was in the 230 load range through most of my pulls so when i rescaled, i made a column 230, that way i have a little more control over the numbers in the range my car see often. seems to have helped me a bit for staying out of knock due to interpolation. keeping numbers in adjacent cells close helps too.

Last edited by sllt1776; Jan 31, 2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=sllt1776;5224235]you could also rescale your load table on the timing and fuel. look for posts on how to do that, read as much as you can if you decide to try it. I was in the 230 load range through most of my pulls so when i rescaled, i made a column 230, that way i have a little more control over the numbers in the range my car see often. seems to have helped me a bit for staying out of knock due to interpolation. keeping numbers in adjacent cells close helps too.[/QUOT

I didn't think of that, good Idea. I'm gonna try it and see if the adjacent cells don't get affected in different conditions. Thanks