Notices
ECU Flash

EVOSCAN 2.1 Maptracer Problems!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOSCAN 2.1 Maptracer Problems!

Hey guys im having problems with maptracer. Basically i load my xml and load my bin from ecuflash and everything loads up and i can see all my timing and fuel setting in the bottom window but nothing shows up in the top window. It doesn't matter what i check in the left side column nothing ever shows up in the top window. The weird thing is i can log the Sample logs that comes with EVOSCAN and load the same xml and bin file and maptracer works perfect. Has anybody figured out the fix for this yet? My ECU ID is 94170008 and im using EVOSCAN 2.1.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya it dont workie
Old Feb 27, 2008, 01:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
attach it to a support ticket at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk/ and I'll take a look, its probably just an old xml file that has different map names.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, tons of users are asking me why the Map tracer doesn't work (same issue he listed). So if it was logged with v2.1, it should work ok?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

This should apply to 2.1 also.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...racer+problems
Old Feb 27, 2008, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Didn't seem to work, oddly one person who PM'd me was a 94170008 rom but I just tried his logs following that 2.0 link and still blank.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for all the help so far guys. I opened a ticket up and sent him all my files so hopefully we can get this resolved soon. Would be a great tuning tool if it worked!

Chris
Old Feb 27, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

I ran the logs from the 94170008 logs from yesterday through the v2.1 map tracer and all works fine. IDK I havent encountered any of the issues people are having with evoscans.

I personally dont use map tracer much but every log I have done from 2.0 and 2.1 all worked in map tracer without any issues
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
thanks for all the help so far guys. I opened a ticket up and sent him all my files so hopefully we can get this resolved soon. Would be a great tuning tool if it worked!

Chris
Well, let us know what needs to be done to get it to work if you find out.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
I ran the logs from the 94170008 logs from yesterday through the v2.1 map tracer and all works fine. IDK I havent encountered any of the issues people are having with evoscans.

I personally dont use map tracer much but every log I have done from 2.0 and 2.1 all worked in map tracer without any issues
You ran the logs i posted yesterday and they worked on your computer? If so can you tell us what xml and rom you are using? What steps anything? I have sent the logs to some other members and they have had no success.

Thanks
Chris
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Well, let us know what needs to be done to get it to work if you find out.
Of course! Infact you will probably hear about it before i post on here...lol..
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

You need to post the exact procedure that you are using. E.g what xml are you using for ecuflash? Are you using the rom xml from evoscan, ecuflash, etc?

Even though Jack of all trades said my explanation does not work I really feel that evoscan does not do well when you use xml that is modded. Check your 2 byte RPM formula. I found that evoscan was using the 2 byte rpm rather than the regular RPM.

Follow my proceedure and I bet it will work! I had the same symptoms that you did.

Last edited by chmodlf; Feb 27, 2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
You ran the logs i posted yesterday and they worked on your computer? If so can you tell us what xml and rom you are using? What steps anything? I have sent the logs to some other members and they have had no success.

Thanks
Chris
I will do that that now./ I was talking about a 08 car I logged yesterday sit tight I will run it through now
Old Feb 27, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
You need to post the exact procedure that you are using. E.g what xml are you using for ecuflash? Are you using the rom xml from evoscan, ecuflash, etc?

Even though Jack of all trades said my explanation does not work I really feel that evoscan does not do well when you use xml that is modded. Check your 2 byte RPM formula. I found that evoscan was using the 2 byte rpm rather than the regular RPM.

Follow my proceedure and I bet it will work! I had the same symptoms that you did.
I tried both my xml located in ECUFlash and the default xml located in EVOScan. I also tried both my ROM located in ECUFlash and the ROM located in the EvoScan directory. The 2byte Load address was changed at the time of these logs but we were having problems with the 3d MUT table address at the time. But Load calculated was also being logged in this log just incase the 2byte wouldnt work.

I am posted the log file that we are having problems with. CHMODLF can you please download it and see if it works on your computer?

P.S. I can load my xml and my rom in evoscan along with the sample log provided in evoscan and the maptracer works fine.

Thanks
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip
SavedDataLogs.zip (39.8 KB, 4 views)
Old Feb 27, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

it didnt work for me either. Not to sure. Like I said logged and ran a 08 through yesterday and was fine

Quick Reply: EVOSCAN 2.1 Maptracer Problems!