Notices
ECU Flash

timing map for anti lag

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2008, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A bit late, and maybe it has been discussed on other threads... But on the 9s I have added makeshift anti lag on I have a block of maybe 12 cells. An rpm range of 1500 where the launch limit is right in the middle, and maybe 4 cells around the high side of the load cells that it hits on the launch limiter. You shouldnt be cruising at what ever your launch rpm is, and I have thousands of miles of driving between multiple cars with no cruising problems.

I messed with adding fuel and it showed no change in boost, and the sound was not as cool lol. I also tried timing from 0 to -15, an -5 had the best sound as well as boost. It went from 6psi on launch limiter alone to 13psi with limiter and anti lag. Also with fuel... In my dsm it tends to load up with extra fuel on the anti lag, so I have caried that over to Evos.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a tip, we use -25 derees and 100 fuel enrichment in Hondata to fully spool my friend's SFWD civic on the line. It sounds like cannon fire (literally), not pop pop pop.. . were talking boom 25psi immediatly. I think he uses the same settings for antilag between shifts as well. I'll tell you it's seriously violent and not something I would do to anything but a dedicated race car that has the right components to avoid failure (race head with valves, sleeved block, race manifold, etc). We've been keeping an eye on turbo shaft play etc but it's been ok.

-10 may not be enough to get SFWD effect if that's what your looking for (MBT in 5th combustion chamber that gets created in the exhaust manifold/turbo). I use +10 degrees and see 8-9psi which is enough to keep my car from bogging.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Jun 1, 2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EE
I'm intending to use throttle kicker and program my timing map in order to have anti lag (oem ECU)

I did some testing yesterday, but i had to keep my foot on the throttle bcs i havn't installed the TK yet..

Have no idea abt the timing I should run though, i tried -15 deg from 2000-7000 rpm and from 20 to 100 load

It worked out pretty fine, but i did have some issues, mainly the rpm didn't want to go down, unless i completely lift off

I didn't have the guts to push the timing further more, or to retard timing at higher loads, bcs i didn't know exactly what i was doing

at idle, i had like 0.1 bar vacum, at 4000-5000 rpm part throttle i had like 0.4-0.5 bar, which is pretty nice

Plz guys if any1 can explain to me how this exactly works, or could post up a timing map to use for anti lag along with some explanation, this would be great

One more thing, what's the lowest value the ecu allows for regarding timing?? how to modify it???

Cheers

if you haven't read this thread, I highly recommend it.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=268974

This thread discusses the factory Aniti-lag dissassembly and also some basic properties on how it all works.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

well ive been playing around with this and from what I can tell for some serious antilag popping and banging the timing needs to be retarded more than -10 but the ecu wont let the timing go any lower,
also you need the overrun cut off disabled so the injectors still fire on the overrun to allow the extra fuel hit the exhaust manifold, this part I have completed and my injectors still fire on lift off,
also the sas needs to be opened for a moment to allow some extra air in this is something else I cannot get to work yet, failing that the idle valve needs to be opened some more to allow the extra air in,
these are a matter of playing with the ecu settings but the timing limit will need a patch as the timing retard limit is maxed out at 255 and the ecu will only drop to -10 no matter what the tables say,
I am really hoping that tephra or someone can find a way to retard the timing more than -10,

Last edited by BarryC; Jun 1, 2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I've said this before and it can be seen in the timing maps I've posted ...

Timing only registers at -10 ... but I've tuned the map at -14 to -16 because it seems to increase the backfire effect. I've made these changes simply for something to amuse myself and honestly have no idea if it actually functions as a poor man's ALS.

Even real a ALS will decrease the engine braking effect as you've described.

You only need the timing to pull when you are in heavy vacuum (decel state) so don't pull the timing above 30 or 40 load as you cruise in that area of the map.
Im curious as to why you would pull that much timing at high rpms, wouldnt you pull it further down lower rpms unless your racing everywhere you go. Also i see you also have timing pulled in 120-140 load a block of 6 squars, is that for when you are cruising in 5th and let off the gas?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
That 6-8-8 block is for his 2 step if I'm not mistaken.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
That 6-8-8 block is for his 2 step if I'm not mistaken.
how could that be? you are not at 120-140 load when on the two-step, you are stationary.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

load is determined by engine speed, not vehicle speed.

I was routinely hitting 160-170 load off the 2 step when I was pulling out 3-4 degrees of timing.