Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: TephraMod V5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not expert of alky kit.with the avcr you can manually choose 2 setting.I think that aquamist has a fail safe that it can disconnect the solenoid

Last edited by ciobing; Mar 28, 2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: word error
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are correct in that I can manually choose two settings, but I am more wanting to run my normal 21psi or so without alky, and with the alky activated, I want my alternate map that it switches to to be about 26psi or so.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
I have the same thing. So how do I go about having a different boost setting when the alky kit is powered vs when it is off and in the base map?
I was using an AVCR to control boost but now I us the ECU to control boost through the AVCR solenoid. Just connect the standard solenoid connector plug to the AVCR solenoid plug and set waste gate duty in Ecuflash to the same settings you used in the AVCR. You must also read the thread on tuning with a GM 3 port solenoid as there is some good information there. Your AVCR will still act as a boost gauge etc.

I have found the ECU easier to tune and is just as effective as the AVCR. It also allows you to change boost settings with a flick of a switch.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:57 AM

The manual ICS linger time works.
I have not the heater circuit connected so CEL is bright,I must still insert the resistor,bat now the CEL flash with knock
Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John F
I was using an AVCR to control boost but now I us the ECU to control boost through the AVCR solenoid. Just connect the standard solenoid connector plug to the AVCR solenoid plug and set waste gate duty in Ecuflash to the same settings you used in the AVCR. You must also read the thread on tuning with a GM 3 port solenoid as there is some good information there. Your AVCR will still act as a boost gauge etc.

I have found the ECU easier to tune and is just as effective as the AVCR. It also allows you to change boost settings with a flick of a switch.
So it is just as fine tuneable through the ECU? Do i just need to splice the AVCR plug end on the stock solenoid plug end?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

So it is just as fine tuneable through the ECU? Do i just need to splice the AVCR plug end on the stock solenoid plug end?
Yes it is just as tuneable through the ECU. You do not have to cut or splice any wires. The two connectors will fit together with a small amount of force.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John F
Yes it is just as tuneable through the ECU. You do not have to cut or splice any wires. The two connectors will fit together with a small amount of force.
Even better yet! Thanks a lot man. Now i have something else to go learn about. Tuning boost with the ECU. This forum kicks ***!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This forum kicks ***!

Yes, yes it does
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
QUESTION......

Does anyone else running the 88590015 rom have wastegate activation setting issues? I've noticed that I can only read one of the four options. It appears I also had that problem with the V2 NLTS patch. Is there a fix or is this a known bug?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
QUESTION......

Does anyone else running the 88590015 rom have wastegate activation setting issues? I've noticed that I can only read one of the four options. It appears I also had that problem with the V2 NLTS patch. Is there a fix or is this a known bug?
Known bug with the xml definition for the IX. One of the items on my list of xml fixes to submit to Colby.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

.... OK .... this bug .... do we know what the side effect is of something like this?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:43 PM
EvoM Guru

.... OK .... this bug .... do we know what the side effect is of something like this?
In this case, its just impossible to set the BCS active/deactive rpm values. Someone asked me about the exact same issue by PM a few days ago, so I have the fix handy:

The error is actually in the evo9base.xml file. You'll need to find this:

Code:
<table name="Wastegate Solenoid Activation RPM-Active" category="Turbo" type="1D" scaling="RPM"/>

<table name="Wastegate Solenoid Activation RPM-De-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D"/>

<table name="Wastegate Solenoid De-activation RPM-De-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D"/>

<table name="Wastegate Solenoid De-activation RPM-Re-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D"/>
And replace it with this:

Code:
<table name="BCS Activation RPM-Active" category="Turbo" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<table name="BCS Activation RPM-De-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<table name="BCS De-activation RPM-De-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<table name="BCS De-activation RPM-Re-activate" category="Turbo" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Someone asked me about the exact same issue by PM a few days ago, so I have the fix handy:

You will also need to change your rom metadata xml file to title to the options he listed (well, one way or the other, either way they have to match. You can just update the pointers, but mrfred's values are much easier to understand). If you don't it will not show up.

Oh, and its in the other thread, but make sure you don't change the minimum temp for bcs 1d table that is set to 85 originally. It is an incorrect reference!

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 27, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Well the values are sort of useless to change anyway...... right?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Well the values are sort of useless to change anyway...... right?
The values set the rpm range where the BCS can be active. Most people don't mess with the values. For instance though, for a higher revving motor, I'd probably raise the upper limit. The lower limit could be raised with bigger turbos to combat surge?

Quick Reply: PATCH: TephraMod V5