Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: TephraMod V5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked E
Same rom!! Thanks for the confirmation, you rock!

On to modding it goes...

Cheers-
E
Is this the same wicked e from the sr20 forums -- used to have a B15 with SR20VE?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Is this the same wicked e from the sr20 forums -- used to have a B15 with SR20VE?
Wouldn't you know it??!!??

That wasn't the only car I had...

-E
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Wouldn't you know it??!!??

That wasn't the only car I had...

-E
I love running into sentra owners on this forum haha.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would have been AWESOME to see the driver's face as you try to pass him and seeing you slam your head looking like a dumbass.

Next time, have video...

Cheers-
E
too early for vidz

oh yeah jamie thanks for reminding me about changing my NLTS load threshold to 50%, you know this isnt my week (slacking) LOL

Last edited by bnice01; Mar 28, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
yes MrFreds direct boost MOD will work with V5!

Back to this... sorry if it is a stupid question, but I just started trying to integrate direct boost this weekend.

How do we define the boost target for the alt maps? I only see the ability to define the target in one place, and I'm not sure if that will then apply to both maps or just the "normal" map.

IE, I'd like to define 22.5psi for my main map and probably something like 26 for the alt map. I know I'll have to scale the base-psi values and all of that, but I'm not sure where to define the 26.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't believe Tephra's alt-map works with direct boost control (JDM MAP)... only the load based boost control.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by fostytou
IE, I'd like to define 22.5psi for my main map and probably something like 26 for the alt map. I know I'll have to scale the base-psi values and all of that, but I'm not sure where to define the 26.
Why not run 26 all the time
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by ShamelessCookie
I don't believe Tephra's alt-map works with direct boost control (JDM MAP)... only the load based boost control.
It should work with direct boost control. I use all the same tables that are used with the load-based system. My guess is that fostytou just needs to change the scalings for the alt-maps using my scalings. One thing that I didn't check with altmaps (I actually haven't even looked at any of tephra's ROMs yet) was whether there is an alt-map for both BWGDC and BDEL. Both are needed to successfully run two boost settings, so I just assumed that tephra has both in his alt-maps.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There is a separate BDEL and WGDC for the standard and Alt Maps. Scheides is already using the alt map patch with his alky kit as a failsafe and runs 26psi in alt maps and 21psi in standard maps. He has video of it working in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=334574
Old Mar 31, 2008, 03:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
you just need to change the scalings (like you would for normal maps) for altmaps!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 04:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

I guess its possible that I'm confused in the way the system works. Adding more of a definition of scaling to the JDM Map page might help.

I knew we still have the BWGDC and BDEL tables under the mod, but I was under the impression that we are actually looking for the boost specified in the baseline boost tables and looking for that actual value. I thought that that was applied as a correction to the standard BWGDC table, and that the BWGDC table was acting as a percentage based boost control table.

If I'm understanding the scaling properly, it seems that the specified boost its just a figure we plug in to a formula with BWGDC to calculate what we want actual boost to be. In essence, both have an effect directly on the final, actual boost. So, while the Baseline boost table may specify 22psi down the board, setting the BWGDC higher or lower will change the *actual* boost that the ECU is looking for, NOT just the duty cycle that it starts at (which would then be mofied by baseline boost).

Is this sounding correct? Its a bit difficult to put into words

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 31, 2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Basically:

Baseline wastegate is a starting point for the ECU to set the DutyCycle for the wastegate. It gives a rough starting point for the boost you want.

The Target Boost table (old BDEL) is the actual boost you want to run. The ECU will make periodic checks of the actual boost (from the JDM MAP) and the target boost (from the old BDEL table). If there is a difference then the WGDC is increased or decreased accordingly (by using the TBEC table).
Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by tephra
Basically:

Baseline wastegate is a starting point for the ECU to set the DutyCycle for the wastegate. It gives a rough starting point for the boost you want.

The Target Boost table (old BDEL) is the actual boost you want to run. The ECU will make periodic checks of the actual boost (from the JDM MAP) and the target boost (from the old BDEL table). If there is a difference then the WGDC is increased or decreased accordingly (by using the TBEC table).
Heh, that is the way I thought it worked originally. So, when using direct boost control where do I enter my baseline boost (target boost) for an alt map? I guess my confusion stems from the fact that the BDEL table doesn't match my baseline boost #1 table. Is BDEL now scaling the baseline boost table with the direct boost mod?

Essentially, am I scaling the baseline boost table with BDEL or is baseline boost calculated from what is in BDEL?

Edit:^^its all coming together now, with the max 160 BDEL and max baselin boost being 24.6.

After guessing #2 I changed baseline boost and it changed the values in BDEL. I was thinking baseline boost "replaced" BDEL in action, not in physical space!

Thanks guys
Old Mar 31, 2008, 06:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Heh, that is the way I thought it worked originally. So, when using direct boost control where do I enter my baseline boost (target boost) for an alt map? I guess my confusion stems from the fact that the BDEL table doesn't match my baseline boost #1 table. Is BDEL now scaling the baseline boost table with the direct boost mod?

Essentially, am I scaling the baseline boost table with BDEL or is baseline boost calculated from what is in BDEL?

Edit:^^its all coming together now, with the max 160 BDEL and max baselin boost being 24.6.

After guessing #2 I changed baseline boost and it changed the values in BDEL. I was thinking baseline boost "replaced" BDEL in action, not in physical space!

Thanks guys
Just have to go into your ECUFlash xml file (88590015.xml?), find tephra's alternate BDEL table, and change the scaling to match the one for my Baseline Boost table. Then his alt-map table will show up with the correct representation (psi).

Ignore the OEM BDEL table entirely. The values in it no longer represent load values.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 06:01 PM
EvoM Guru

a) Im not sure if "Baseline Boost" is the correct name for that table!

anyways

b) Create a new entry called "Alternate Baseline Boost" which is a copy of the "Alternate Boost Desired Engine Load" but with the same scalings as "Baseline Boost #1"

Quick Reply: PATCH: TephraMod V5