Notices
ECU Flash

PATCH: TephraMod V5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra

leecavturbo - ecutek have no idea about my patches so they will probably just overwrite the ROM with their own... ecutek = expensive, find a local tuner in your area that can help... jcsbanks maybe?
your right, a ecutek retune to make adjustments to fuel and ignition
i'm being quoted £650 in the uk, thats $1300usd!!!!
thats almost the price of buying standalone management!
can ecuflash adjust fueling and ignition values?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leecavturbo
your right, a ecutek retune to make adjustments to fuel and ignition
i'm being quoted £650 in the uk, thats $1300usd!!!!
thats almost the price of buying standalone management!
can ecuflash adjust fueling and ignition values?
lol yes man that an SO much more
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by draconx
lol yes man that an SO much more
runs of to buy tactrix cable and learn more about ecuflash
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can i have my ecu ecuflashed and then have it ecutek'd for a tuning upgrade?

No, if you want a "pro tune" then the only way to do what you want (I assume you want a patched rom, but with the "saftey of a professional map"), would be to pay for the ecutek map first, then dump the rom, and copy the fuel and timing tables (and any other adjustments, doubt there will be much tbh) over into 1 of tephra's modded roms

Very expensive way to do it, but if it makes you feel safer that is the only way to do it
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cossie1
No, if you want a "pro tune" then the only way to do what you want (I assume you want a patched rom, but with the "saftey of a professional map"), would be to pay for the ecutek map first, then dump the rom, and copy the fuel and timing tables (and any other adjustments, doubt there will be much tbh) over into 1 of tephra's modded roms

Very expensive way to do it, but if it makes you feel safer that is the only way to do it
hiya cossie, from what i can make out is i can pay someone such as matt @ trl
to ecutek map my car gr8,
or i can do it myself with tactrix,evoflash!
and have the other optional features of V5?
no/yes?
presuming i know what to tune for i.e afr/ignition etc and
have the tools to monitor them
all i need to learn more about is evoflash and making changes,
i'm very confident with a pc and remapped my previous dta p8pro no problem
how ever the dta software makes for easy use
hopefully evoscan will be easily learned
Lee
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

hiya cossie, from what i can make out is i can pay someone such as matt @ trl
to ecutek map my car gr8,
or i can do it myself with tactrix,evoflash!
and have the other optional features of V5?
no/yes?
presuming i know what to tune for i.e afr/ignition etc and
have the tools to monitor them
all i need to learn more about is evoflash and making changes,
i'm very confident with a pc and remapped my previous dta p8pro no problem
how ever the dta software makes for easy use
hopefully evoscan will be easily learned
Lee
Aslong as your confident with the mapping, then you can do it all yourself, and that way you don't have to pay TRL anything for an ecutek remap

The option I pointed out, was IF you were not confident, but still wanted the Tephra patch options.

If you can map the dta p8pro then I am sure it won't take you long to learn how to use ecuflash and evoscan for the dataloggin
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

bump on 90550001 ROM
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

are there tephra versions 1 - 4?
there must be thousands of jdm evo8's in the uk gagging for
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Can 88570008 be considered tested to be working well? If so, maybe its good to update the info. on the 1st post
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
There are some bugs in the current V5, which are/will be fixed in 5.8 - due for release anytime now

However for the most part the bugs are fairly minor - full list in the 5.8 thread.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

There are some bugs in the current V5, which are/will be fixed in 5.8 - due for release anytime now

However for the most part the bugs are fairly minor - full list in the 5.8 thread.

So with having aquamist injection setup with a mac valve for failsafe it wouldn't be that difficult to change over to your patch with altmap for failsafe would it? I'm using a mbc so I take it I would need another tune for just 91 & no meth only thing is I'm running high boost 2+bars so unless I also went with ecu controlled boost I'd have to leave it at same boost levels. I just had a motor grenade on me a few weeks back and putting in another this week so I'm just re-evaluating things since I'll be getting re-tuned
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

hey tephra
i just downloaded your 88590015 patch for my ROM and modified it to match my original ROM
i saw from your 5.8 thread.. that the 88590015 is out...

how am i gonna modify that 5.8 one to test it... do i need to load my stock map again from my car and then modify the 5.8 version again?

thanks
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wesside

So with having aquamist injection setup with a mac valve for failsafe it wouldn't be that difficult to change over to your patch with altmap for failsafe would it? I'm using a mbc so I take it I would need another tune for just 91 & no meth only thing is I'm running high boost 2+bars so unless I also went with ecu controlled boost I'd have to leave it at same boost levels. I just had a motor grenade on me a few weeks back and putting in another this week so I'm just re-evaluating things since I'll be getting re-tuned
I offer a Map Switching harness HERE specifically for the Aquamist HFS-1 and HFS-5 systems which automatically switched to the safer "pump gas" maps if there is a problem or you simply turn off your alky kit.

With the MBC, you can just tune the car for pump gas with high boost with lowest amount of knock possible so if your car does switch over to the "pump gas" maps you're as safe as possible. People have been tuning cars in the 28psi range with 91 octane with little to no knock lately so it can be done. Ideally you'll want to upgrade to the ECU controlled boost setup in the fututre so you can have different boost levels for each map.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

OP- I have a few questions if thats not a problem..

1.) How does NLTS even work? lol I mean, like with the throttle being open between shifts? And air continually being pushed through the motor?

2.) And what are the 2 levels of "knock CEL". What is each level used for?

And just some general questions... Like if I am supposed to switch all my timing maps over? or how does that work? And if I already edited my rom (Actual Desired Idle mods, and others), will I need to re-edit those specific items?? I have never done this mod, just wondering how to set it all up correctly. I have the 0015 rom.

Thank you to whoever helps me out.

Last edited by amak87; Jun 24, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I offer a Map Switching harness HERE specifically for the Aquamist HFS-1 and HFS-5 systems which automatically switched to the safer "pump gas" maps if there is a problem or you simply turn off your alky kit.

With the MBC, you can just tune the car for pump gas with high boost with lowest amount of knock possible so if your car does switch over to the "pump gas" maps you're as safe as possible. People have been tuning cars in the 28psi range with 91 octane with little to no knock lately so it can be done. Ideally you'll want to upgrade to the ECU controlled boost setup in the fututre so you can have different boost levels for each map.
Thanks for all the info Yea I should be able to tune the car in the 28psi range with the evo 9 turbo right? I think ecu controlled boost is the way to go and I will look forward to that for the future as well as finding someone to tune it all up for me. When I put in the motor here in a few days I'll just give it a road tune for 22-24psi and maybe wait until I can switch to ecu controlled boost and hope on a dyno to get everything all dialed in That would be a perfect piece of mind for failsafe and a gas saving map for traveling

Quick Reply: PATCH: TephraMod V5