Notices
ECU Flash

Who can tell me what "accel enrichment" specifically does?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who can tell me what "accel enrichment" specifically does?

Reason I ask is I'm going over a log I recorded this morning on my way to work and I notice every time I shift there's a large dip in AFR's...sometimes even into the 9's range. Now I realize there has to be some drop in between shifts to accommodate coming back onto boost but even during a light part throttle cruise and a low rpm shift it still goes extremely rich, and stumbles quite a bit coming off the throttle at a stoplight. Now I've been going over some of the tables I never really paid much attention to and the accel enrichment table shows enrichment starting at 500rpms and up (1.62% according to my rom and working it's way down to a 1% increase by 2000rpm's and back up a bit after that). Could it be possible to adjust this table to lessen the effects from my aftermarket recirc valve especially when I come to a stop? Usually it tends to go into the 10's afr range coming to a stop and then tries to catch itself and usually ends up around 17's afr where it wants to stumble and stall, so perhaps lowering the lower rpm enrichment percentage could in theory help with my issue?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I am not gonna say turn it off but its the opposite of lean spool more or less. In the "old fashioned" days carbs use whats called an accelerator pump to shoot a little extra fuel as the air door (throttle body) opens and the car would go temporarily lean. In this the modern age its kind of needed but at the same time a somewhat antiquated set up.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accel enrich is a feature that is only active during pedal "tip-in" that moment when you are moving the pedal down is when the accel table kicks in. Like JB said, its the replacement for the accelerator pump. the extra fuel on tip in prevents a hesitation while driving. Trust me, on a NA car its very noticable, I imagine on a turbo car we are so used to waiting for throttle response that you may not notice it.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, is this the same Slo Crx that was on the D series Honda boards back in the day? If so this is Hurrikain by another name.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
BTW, is this the same Slo Crx that was on the D series Honda boards back in the day? If so this is Hurrikain by another name.
Lol, it's a good possibility...I've made quite a few rounds of different Honda-based forum boards over the past 11 years, from the crxresource site to d-series and H-T, HMT and beyond lol.

At least that answers my question though, and adjusting this table really won't fix my issue.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

It will for part of your issues, but the rest will be the fuel table in areas where it drops to after the shift...well to an extent.

I was on D-series.org and Sohchonda.com for quite awhile.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
It will for part of your issues, but the rest will be the fuel table in areas where it drops to after the shift...well to an extent.

I was on D-series.org and Sohchonda.com for quite awhile.
Take off really doesn't have much issues, and if the table works the way you guys are describing it shouldn't really have any effect on releasing the throttle during the shift. For the most part during the shift I see load % drop to the 17-27% range depending on the rpm before coming back up again. I still have these AFR ranges set to the standard 14.7, and I do notice that when doing a "soft-shift" (meaning very low boost and under 3800rpms) that the AFR's don't drop nearly as far as coming off a full throttle or high boost shift. I'm also wondering if the aftermarket DV I have is wreaking havoc with my maf sensor seeing that every time I shift it's pretty loud. I'm sure everyone's seen the strange phenomena of shutting your hood with the engine running? Quite possible it could be the same reaction.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
\I'm sure everyone's seen the strange phenomena of shutting your hood with the engine running?

I totally get that result, damn car almost wants to stall sometimes.