Notices
ECU Flash

Boost solonoid harness able to be used for input?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost solonoid harness able to be used for input?

Since I dont use ECU based boost control and with a lot of people wanting to change to a type of speed density I was wondering if the solonoid harness could be used for an input of an AIT sensor. With my no knowledge of disassembly hopefully someone could have some insight on this or if it could actually be done.

The only reason why Im asking this is I just got done reading the thread which lets you use your wideband voltage in the rear 02 sensor so this should be sort of the same thing, right?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
There are signal inputs and signal outputs on the ECU. We are using a signal input to read the wideband. The BCS is controlled by a signal output on the ECU. Signal outputs cannot be configured to act as inputs. Another input needs to be freed up. I am working that right now. My GM air temp sensor and pigtail arrived a few days ago. Need to start working on freeing up another ADC input.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
My GM air temp sensor and pigtail arrived a few days ago. Need to start working on freeing up another ADC input.
You are working on wiring a AIT into the factory ECU?

Did I happen to mention you friggin' rock?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab
You are working on wiring a AIT into the factory ECU?

Did I happen to mention you friggin' rock?
Yeah, my intent is to use the ADC input for the fuel temperature sensor. It has a scaling routine associated with it already, so it would be a piece of cake to wire in the GM IAT sensor signal into that pin and then input the GM IAT sensor scaling into the scaling table. What will be more of a challenge is creating a reasonable simulation of the fuel temperature. I really should start logging it for a few weeks so I can see what it does.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, my intent is to use the ADC input for the fuel temperature sensor. It has a scaling routine associated with it already, so it would be a piece of cake to wire in the GM IAT sensor signal into that pin and then input the GM IAT sensor scaling into the scaling table. What will be more of a challenge is creating a reasonable simulation of the fuel temperature. I really should start logging it for a few weeks so I can see what it does.
Where are you planning to take IAT temps from? Since I'm not using my stock MAF, I have my GM IAT wired into the actual intake temp lead. My only issue is that it is incorrectly scaled. Do you have the scaling for it?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
Where are you planning to take IAT temps from? Since I'm not using my stock MAF, I have my GM IAT wired into the actual intake temp lead. My only issue is that it is incorrectly scaled. Do you have the scaling for it?
How did I not think of that. Thats a good idea.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
I would like to use a IAT sensor for actual intake temp post-intercooler. Would this be possible? I know I can do it currently with a gauge or what-not but I would LOVE to be able to log it from the stock ecu.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt
I already posted the scaling table somewhere in the ECUFlash forum for the 88590015 ROM. :-) You'd just need to figure out how to apply the GM IAT scaling. Its something on my to-do list for this little project.

razorlab. That's definitely the intent. I want to see what's happening across the IC. What I'd really like to do is find a way to use another ADC input to log temperature after the turbo and before the IC. I could do it with ADC_0F, but I want that one for flex fuel and map switching control. Give it some time, and I'll figure it out.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 04:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
mrfred - just go through the ADC polling routines and look for ADC variables with little or no references to them... then u know they arn't used
Old Apr 16, 2008, 05:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by tephra
mrfred - just go through the ADC polling routines and look for ADC variables with little or no references to them... then u know they arn't used
Did that a long time ago. :-) They're all in-play except ADC_0F.