Notices
ECU Flash

Evo Ix Ecu Pins Are Here!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Got mine today. Thanks man. I might get another LED because I've already got a red LED in my switch plate for the WB.

I'm guessing that the tiny red diode is the Zener, right?
Yes indeed it is be sure you have the black stripe facing the right way, as explained in my diagrams.
Old May 15, 2008, 04:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
received mine

thanks bro!
Old May 15, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what I would be using these pins for. I'm new to tuning so, why would I need to purchase these again?
Old May 15, 2008, 05:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
To flame or not to flame, that is the question. :-)

I don't mean this to sound like a flame, but if you read some of the high post count threads in this forum, you'll find out what they are good for.
Old May 15, 2008, 05:21 PM
EvoM Guru

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=332778

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=337823

There will be more good reasons in the future.
Old May 15, 2008, 05:23 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
To flame or not to flame, that is the question. :-)
I flame, thats my motive. Gets me in trouble but oh well.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE: I sold quite a few batches of the 50 pin packs so I will be altering the quantity options to only packs of 5 or 10 in the future and the price will go up quite a bit. Not so I make money, but to keep the supply around a lot longer for future evo modders. The price will be reasonable for the individual buyers to complete their projects but I don't want people sitting on 40 pins for the next 3-4 years while others will never get the chance to even buy one pin for their projects.

I don't expect to EVER get my hands on these pins again so I am treating this batch like its the last on earth lol. I'm lazy so I probably won't implement the price/quantity changes for a little bit so hop on it now before I do.

I'm still swamped trying to mail out all of the pins to the alt map harness buyers that bought the Evo IX harness' before the pins arrived.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still need to assemble mine ... I need a soldering iron. Got my switch though! It's a tiny little bugger and will fit my switch plate nicely.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I still need to assemble mine ... I need a soldering iron. Got my switch though! It's a tiny little bugger and will fit my switch plate nicely.
*cough*slacker*cough*

I had to buy a computer desk and build my own workstation to even remotely try to keep up on these things. Just tell yourself that your next day off is gonna be the day you do it....and then DO IT!

I have one harness left to ship out internationally and I'm FINALLLLLY caught up with those harness'

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; May 16, 2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

My next day off is ... ummmm ... lemme see ... like 3 Sundays from now. I'll get it done though.

It really sucks being so busy, but the money is good! I'll be able to afford all those things that I don't have time to play with ...
Old May 16, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered a 20 pack. Thanks Jamie for pulling this together.
Old May 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
UPDATE: I sold quite a few batches of the 50 pin packs so I will be altering the quantity options to only packs of 5 or 10 in the future and the price will go up quite a bit. Not so I make money, but to keep the supply around a lot longer for future evo modders. The price will be reasonable for the individual buyers to complete their projects but I don't want people sitting on 40 pins for the next 3-4 years while others will never get the chance to even buy one pin for their projects.

I don't expect to EVER get my hands on these pins again so I am treating this batch like its the last on earth lol. I'm lazy so I probably won't implement the price/quantity changes for a little bit so hop on it now before I do.

I'm still swamped trying to mail out all of the pins to the alt map harness buyers that bought the Evo IX harness' before the pins arrived.
Suggest that you limit quantities now. Like you said, this will probably be the last time we'll be able to get our hands on these pins.
Old May 16, 2008, 06:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
+1...

most people wont need more than 5..

me included
Old May 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subscribed!

Good job keeping us updated!
Old May 22, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Okay ... so I installed my harness tonight ... I figured I'd share my troubles.

1) To insert/remove pins on the IX ECU, the "lock" is the colored plastic between the wires where they enter the plug. Use a small flat head screwdriver to remove it. It has a pretty obvious opening on the side of the plug for the screwdriver to fit in to.

2) Pay attention to the orientation of the lock ... it caused me a lot of grief. The rounded side faces out of the plug.

3) The IX pins from JoT seem to be a little taller than the factory pins. Mine would not go in as far as the others. I finally checked the plug and realized that the pin was seated correctly even though about 1/16 of the top of the pin was still showing.

4) Use the correct gauge wire for the ECU pin. I tried a 14 ga and it didn't want to work. I ended up going with a short piece of 18 ga I had left over from another project and connecting to the 14 ga I'd already run. It also helps if I ever need to disconnect it since I used a blade connector for this.

Other than that, it works fine. I tested it by setting the alt WGDC map to 0. Seems fine. It's all mounted nicely in my switchplate and ready for my new toluene map ...

Thanks again for the effort you've put in to this ... everyone.

Quick Reply: Evo Ix Ecu Pins Are Here!