Notices
ECU Flash

Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 06:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
I havn't seen a difference between periphey bits on 8 vs 9, but ecuflash needs to be at the right version to support/show them..
Old May 16, 2009, 01:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I havn't seen a difference between periphey bits on 8 vs 9, but ecuflash needs to be at the right version to support/show them..
thats version 1.40 and up right?
Old May 16, 2009, 10:12 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
thats version 1.40 and up right?
it should work in v1.35 if properly defined.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

I can confirm that it works w/ 1.35
Old May 17, 2009, 12:16 PM

I can confirm that it works w/ 1.35
my luck 1.34 here lol
Old May 25, 2009, 02:21 PM

my luck 1.34 here lol
i finally got 1.4 here so i got my stuff up and it works.

so i am gonna set 1 for the bits i want to disable so i dont get those codes and leave the others as 0s. just to confirm:

the spreadsheet has the stock settings that the car comes with? or is this recommended settings?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
For those who have edited their roms using some of these methods - You should list what state and county you live in when you pass inspection - It will help future people know if and what allows them to deal with inspection tests.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:25 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
For those who have edited their roms using some of these methods - You should list what state and county you live in when you pass inspection - It will help future people know if and what allows them to deal with inspection tests.
These don't really have much to do with inspection beyond CEL's
Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
These don't really have much to do with inspection beyond CEL's
Right - Which has EVERYTHING to do with inspections. You must not live within an area of inspections.

If you disable the check entirely - You fail. And are at the mercy of possibly getting fined. But if you like to pay fines. Sure go right a head and try it here.

So -- HOW you go about editing your rom will effect the outcome of your inspection.

If you were to some how edit the rom in such a way that all perceived values were within acceptable limits and there for did not throw a check engine light - but at the same time was still running its checks. You would pass.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right - Which has EVERYTHING to do with inspections. You must not live within an area of inspections.

If you disable the check entirely - You fail. And are at the mercy of possibly getting fined. But if you like to pay fines. Sure go right a head and try it here.

So -- HOW you go about editing your rom will effect the outcome of your inspection.

If you were to some how edit the rom in such a way that all perceived values were within acceptable limits and there for did not throw a check engine light - but at the same time was still running its checks. You would pass.

You can disable quite a few bits via the ECU periphery and not have issues with emissions. There are also patches you can use now that Acamus has defined that set your readiness monitors to passed for certain routines, while the actual test being flagged is disabled. It is very easy to beat the OBD-2 checks with the factory ECU......

I think what fostytou was referring to is a PHYSICAL inspection....in which case, a good majority of the cars in this forum would fail.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
You can disable quite a few bits via the ECU periphery and not have issues with emissions. There are also patches you can use now that Acamus has defined that set your readiness monitors to passed for certain routines, while the actual test being flagged is disabled. It is very easy to beat the OBD-2 checks with the factory ECU......

I think what fostytou was referring to is a PHYSICAL inspection....in which case, a good majority of the cars in this forum would fail.
Visual inspection for my state ill pass. There is a Cat on it. There isnt much left inside it -- But well sure. =)

I am very very new to this whole editing thing. Basically - I did the removal out of a necessity of leaks and clutter issues.

now - it throws the egr code - which was expected. But i was thinkin like a DSM'r and forgot im not obd1 any more.. I need to fool a computer now - not just some sniffer. Had me worried.

A local friend Dustin(SN - asmodous) will be helping me out.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Visual inspection for my state ill pass. There is a Cat on it. There isnt much left inside it -- But well sure. =)

I am very very new to this whole editing thing. Basically - I did the removal out of a necessity of leaks and clutter issues.

now - it throws the egr code - which was expected. But i was thinkin like a DSM'r and forgot im not obd1 any more.. I need to fool a computer now - not just some sniffer. Had me worried.

A local friend Dustin(SN - asmodous) will be helping me out.

Using ECU periphery bit FCA is where you will find most bits to control EGR routines.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like where I should start.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
i finally got 1.4 here so i got my stuff up and it works.

so i am gonna set 1 for the bits i want to disable so i dont get those codes and leave the others as 0s. just to confirm:

the spreadsheet has the stock settings that the car comes with? or is this recommended settings?
0s are disable and 1 is enable. make sure you save a rom with the factory setting before you touch or modify any of the these values and flash it in your car.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

My front 02 sensor heater died so I disabled the 02 sensor heater circuit and got DTC for both front and rear sensors. I turned on again.

What is strange is that the sensor is still measuring 02 content and trims still work. SES light is on...

Quick Reply: Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway