ECU Flash

Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not worth it

------------

Jorge T, are you simulating the rear signal? That could make it "appear" it was still there.

Last edited by fostytou; Jun 5, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
No, CELs actually have nothing to do with inspections beyond if the light is on you *might* not pass depending on your state. Either way, that can be fixed by unplugging the light or a piece of black tape.

Readiness monitors are generally not controlled by the periphery bits, the periphery generally just turns the actual item on or off (and sometimes the respective CEL Checks)... so you are right in that respect, you are trying to disable the check entirely, post a "not ready" and get fined if applicable. Congratulations

Try again.
OK I will.

Fail. Again. If your light is "unplugged" you still fail. The ECU is scanned here. If the light is on for ANY reason and its a hard code. You fail. Even if you went so far as to attempt to fool the shop.

From what I have found talking to shops - It checks readiness of each of the sensors. If one off the sensors scanned by their obd2 machine comes back "not ready" They ask you to drive around for another 100 miles and come back. If it comes back "not reading" it throws a "flag". Here you are allowed 1 flag and still pass. Unless its a rear 02/cat code. You fail on the spot there. EGR, EVAP, etc these are all allowable for the one code. 2 non reading sensors you fail. The system is online with the state - so as soon as you see a fail - it transmits back to penndot. Id rather not have to deal with them.

So again - it goes back to my question of -- has anyone using the periphery bits modification to turn off the lights/side effects of unplugging the egr etc -- gone through an inspection that scans the readiness/cel checks of your sensors and come out with a PASS. IE - PA, CA, MA
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i always had a code for EGR and EVAP, so instead of fixing egr i removed all that dumb egr lines and stuff and using the bits i turned them off, and i passed NY computer inspection. I failled because my wiper blades werent good enough (WTH) but either way i DID pass after i fixed that, so theres your answer
YOU CAN PASS INSPECTION if you use it for EGR and maybe some other perph. bits, atleast in NY you will, and they are strict

i know the reasons is becuase it treats the car as if it was not equipped with EGR lines, so it just skips the tests (i think)

Last edited by FX11; Jun 4, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

No, CELs actually have nothing to do with inspections beyond if the light is on you *might* not pass depending on your state. Either way, that can be fixed by unplugging the light or a piece of black tape.
epic fail
most shops wont even look at your car if you have a CEL light
and unplugging it or trying to fool them will only make you look like a fool
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
So again - it goes back to my question of -- has anyone using the periphery bits modification to turn off the lights/side effects of unplugging the egr etc -- gone through an inspection that scans the readiness/cel checks of your sensors and come out with a PASS. IE - PA, CA, MA
If you disable the test/sensors via the periphery bits, you need to use acamus' OBD patch to set the monitors to ready.

Just using the periphery bits will leave the associated test in a not ready status.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
If you disable the test/sensors via the periphery bits, you need to use acamus' OBD patch to set the monitors to ready.

Just using the periphery bits will leave the associated test in a not ready status.
THANK YOU! finally some one who knows both this stuff AND the dark side.. er.. i mean state inspection requirements.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FX11
epic fail
most shops wont even look at your car if you have a CEL light
and unplugging it or trying to fool them will only make you look like a fool
I know -- but my post count makes me a newbie! What would I know about anything.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will, L2r99gst is good people. Do whatever he says.

If he finds himself over in Pittsburgh I think I already owe him like 3-4 beers by now. Now you can pitch.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Will, L2r99gst is good people. Do whatever he says.

If he finds himself over in Pittsburgh I think I already owe him like 3-4 beers by now. Now you can pitch.
Good or not - he doesnt or didnt seem to understand how our state or a lot of states conduct inspection checks. His posts were not answering my questions nor helping me in any way that a dozen posts before his hand not already said. Now he should understand it. Just eliminating the light is only the first step.

Last edited by xRoguex; Jun 4, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

------------

Jorge T, are you simulating the rear signal? That could make it "appear" it was still there.
I'm simulating the rear signal, but it is the front sensor still measuring 02 but with a dead heater circuit. All my trims are still working...car runs like crap though. changing the sensor this weekend ($260 )
Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
Good or not - he doesnt or didnt seem to understand how our state or a lot of states conduct inspection checks. His posts were not answering my questions nor helping me in any way that a dozen posts before his hand not already said. Now he should understand it. Just eliminating the light is only the first step.
???

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I'm the one who told you what to do.

Asmodeus6 was saying that I'm the good guy...but I think you thought he meant someone answering your posts before me.

No big deal as I know you didn't mean me...just wanted to clear that up.

Eric
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorge T
I'm simulating the rear signal, but it is the front sensor still measuring 02 but with a dead heater circuit. All my trims are still working...car runs like crap though. changing the sensor this weekend ($260 )
Why $260... you can wire in a universal for like $60...
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently have a universal and am having issues with it. Seams to go to 0.000 and the read correct and then back to 0.000. I may switch to a $260 version but hoping we can get 96530006 front O2 simulation soon.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:48 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not worth it

to L2r99gst being good people.

Last edited by fostytou; Jun 5, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
???

I think you are confusing me with someone else. I'm the one who told you what to do.

Asmodeus6 was saying that I'm the good guy...but I think you thought he meant someone answering your posts before me.

No big deal as I know you didn't mean me...just wanted to clear that up.

Eric
Ha yup.. wrong person. ment fostytou

my bad.

Quick Reply: Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway