Notices
ECU Flash

Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, I'm confused now, the good the bad and the ugly. who is who?

It might be best if we don't start bashing people for helping.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
haha - no bashing. Just a lack of understanding.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all i have newbie question, i wish to dissable a couple cel codes in my rom so that i can unplug a couple of sensors that i no longer need - the boost control solenoid & the rear o2 sensor ( i live in the uk & so do have to worry about the readyness test you guys in the u.s have to pass) i understand from mr freds worksheet that i need to alter periphery fda bit 2 for the boost solenoid & fca bit 2 & 3 for o2 sensor. what i dont understand is what the values are in the worksheet under the bit (1/0) i assumed that they where the stock values in the ecu that i needed to change to dissable the cel codes, however whilst some match in my rom some do not for example my fda bit2 is already set at 1 in my stock rom (the same as the work sheet) whilst my fca bit 3 & bit 2 are set at 0 when they are set at 1 in the worksheet.can someone explain why this is?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hi all i have newbie question, i wish to dissable a couple cel codes in my rom so that i can unplug a couple of sensors that i no longer need - the boost control solenoid & the rear o2 sensor ( i live in the uk & so do have to worry about the readyness test you guys in the u.s have to pass) i understand from mr freds worksheet that i need to alter periphery fda bit 2 for the boost solenoid & fca bit 2 & 3 for o2 sensor. what i dont understand is what the values are in the worksheet under the bit (1/0) i assumed that they where the stock values in the ecu that i needed to change to dissable the cel codes, however whilst some match in my rom some do not for example my fda bit2 is already set at 1 in my stock rom (the same as the work sheet) whilst my fca bit 3 & bit 2 are set at 0 when they are set at 1 in the worksheet.can someone explain why this is?
the bits were designed - actually discovered - in the USDM evos.

at least thats my reasoning for different 1/0s in the map. just get it all setup but please remember that by disabling too much stuff u can turn off essential stuff in your car.

get the xml for your basefile from evo wiki it has the latest stuff updated including lean spool, etc.

just flash to your car and check fr CELs and then try again don't go disabling stuff randomly.

if u need help PM me or post a pic of ur bits here and i can take a look i have disabled my 02 successfully.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by rolly1818
the bits were designed - actually discovered - in the USDM evos.

at least thats my reasoning for different 1/0s in the map. just get it all setup but please remember that by disabling too much stuff u can turn off essential stuff in your car.

get the xml for your basefile from evo wiki it has the latest stuff updated including lean spool, etc.

just flash to your car and check fr CELs and then try again don't go disabling stuff randomly.

if u need help PM me or post a pic of ur bits here and i can take a look i have disabled my 02 successfully.
thanks for you input, as far as i know i have the latest xml for my rom (tehpra mod 96530006) i have all the tables for the lean spool, mut,perihery ect,i dont intend to just dissable stuff randomly my car no longer runs the stock boost control so the solenoid is redunant & i plan to remove my rear 02 as that will be no longer needed if i can figure out the correct preiphery changes.i have upoaded a screenshot of my periphery settings for your viewing pleasure. my settings are still stock i have not altered anything yet.thanks for your help
Attached Thumbnails Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway-periphery.jpg  
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:29 AM

y u only have the two periphery bit tables?

you should have 6 in all.

try this link: http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Periphery_Configuration

remove what u got and put in the 6 tables (i prefer this method for future use as well)

NOTE: make sure u use ecuflash 1.35 and up
Old Jun 14, 2009, 07:49 AM

y u only have the two periphery bit tables?

you should have 6 in all.

try this link: http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Periphery_Configuration

remove what u got and put in the 6 tables (i prefer this method for future use as well)

NOTE: make sure u use ecuflash 1.35 and up
i am using ecuflash verson 1.41 & i have 6 periphery tables i only posted pictures of the two that according to mr freds worksheet require changing to dissable the cel codes i will throw if i unplug my rear o2 & boost control solenoid (p0132,p0136,p0133.p0159 rear 02 & p0243,p0234,p2263 for the boost control solenoid).anyways i updated my periphery tables as you suggested & it does make it a little easier to understand the data in there.see pic below
Attached Thumbnails Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway-pre-2.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:04 PM

but 0 for the bits you would like to turn off.

in the case of rear O2 no act - ECU Periphery bit FEA bit 15 i think u set to 1

1 generally means on

0 generally means off

^^ not always the case but u may need to flash, start the car check for codes. switch off and start again and recheck for codes when the car is fully warmed. use evoscan to see the DTCs or CELs.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

After reading through this thread I have come up with a question. Forgive me for my lack of understanding. I put a test pipe on my car and I got the CEL for it. If I turn off my rear 02 will the CEL go away, or do I have to do other things too?

Also what else will be affected by turning off the rear 02?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 04:34 PM

try FEA bit 15.

Also what else will be affected by turning off the rear 02?
mine has been turned off for months and nothing
Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:46 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did anyone ever find out if FAA bit.6 disables [only] the WG solenoid speed limit test?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

try FEA bit 15.

mine has been turned off for months and nothing
Doesn't this turn off the 02 heater circuit as well, so the sensor will be damaged if left in place?

d
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:36 AM

for me no problems, the JDM has no rear O2 i just did it for the sake of a map switch
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

what bits control these functions? i need to turn these back on to pass inspection, they came up not ready and i failed lol

catalyst: not ready
oxygen sensor: not ready
oxygen sensor heater: not ready
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Checkout this thread, may help you out in this situation:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...us-mrfred.html

Quick Reply: Detailed mapping of Periphery bits underway