Notices
ECU Flash

About to File for Divorce from the Factory ECU . . .

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 02:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Would be nice to keep a consolodated "how-to" here on EvoM. Is there any way to do that via a Wiki?
Old May 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad every thread pertaining to my rom... I cut and pasted onto a word file, and labeled accordingly.

I know I'm far from a contributing force in this forum. But its all I can do to even keep up with some of you guys. Luckily I started compiling alot of this stuff months ago. Starting from scratch now would be such an undertaking with the way things have taken off. All the informative threads now have 40 pages. And the corrections and small additions are buried in them.

Each rom needs a running sticky with ONLY posts from those deep into this.

Good luck Ted. I did the exact same thing you did. I took one of Teph's earlier patched roms. And added what I needed to it. Luckily everything turned out ok.

I also agree with the stock MAF being more of your problem, than the stock ecu. If it isn't now... it will be soon. Thus me dumping it. And screw the GM as well. I've also gone the route of the GM on multiple cars with a normal translator. (on DSM's) And it creates NOTHING but headaches. The lack of temperature compensation if you live anywhere where there is actually weather...
makes retuning a daily ritual.

This is why I went to maft pro this time around. Not ready to do the AEM thing... but sick of the stock maf. And maf's in general. Some people will argue its fine... it works great... not for me. I hate them.

Good luck Ted.
Old May 24, 2008, 01:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Ted - happy to help, but its not hard and you will probably get it working quicker than conversing with me

do this:
1) remove any tephra mod xml from your ecuflash xml's
2) remove any individual MUT xml from your ecuflash xml's - they are wrong and you can just use the MUT_TABLE instead
3) download V5 (94170015 right???)
4) change the endian on the first line of the xml fragment to match your ecuflash version, little for ecuflash 1.30 and below, big for ecuflash 1.31 and above
5) copy the XML from the zip into your 94170015.xml (paste it all before the </rom> at the end of the file)
6) fire up ecuflash and verify you can see the tephramod tables, and the values make sense
7) open up the MUT_TABLE and apply the changes I posted before (in the picture)
8) change your immobiliser to the right thing
9) copy your timing/fuel/boost/injectorscaling maps
10 start tuning

ps - you are quite right there is a LOT of information in this forum, and some of it is just plain wrong. unfortunaltey I don't have time (or skills) to make a consolidated MOD HOWTO thread - and keep it updated!