Notices
ECU Flash

very confused about email tune?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2008, 05:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been testing some inexpensive laptop options to use for reflashing "Kit" applications.. Vendors who offer kits, PM me so I can start feeding info to you guys.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long would you say it take to get my car tuned through one of you guys
Old May 25, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rickay726
how long would you say it take to get my car tuned through one of you guys
Depending on how "perfect" you want it to be, usually tuners will start with a safe base tune and the more logs you get, the better the tune will be.

First, you would download your current ECU ROM image using the cable & laptop, and then submit it through the ShamelessTuning.com Customer Login. We get notified immediately, so we can get to work based on your mod list & goals.

From here, based on your input, we would modify the ROM, and then publish a new version for you to download. You would download this image and then write it back to your car. This is typically ready within hours of your upload.

You should datalog wide-open-throttle runs using EvoScan. We actually give you a custom configuration file for EvoScan to make this very simple. As soon as you are done logging, you can upload the logs to our site, and we are notified immediately that a customer has new logs, so we get to work right away, and post an updated ROM image to download within hours of your post.

This process will continue until you are totally satisfied with the tune, and you can get re-tuned at any time for up to 6 months if you change something about your car or have any new goals or concerns.

We also keep records of every revision of the tune, so it's easy to follow progress and allows you to revert in the event that you need to go back to stock or would like to have multiple maps (for example, a pump gas map and a race gas map).
Old May 25, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Can you guys also tune via e-mail for meth injection? Or recommend actually having a local guy do it? Thanks
Old May 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
4ws is a meth head like myself.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vtec2mivec
Can you guys also tune via e-mail for meth injection? Or recommend actually having a local guy do it? Thanks
As long as you can get the time to provide datalogs, it's not a problem. It's not quite as simple as one flash and you're done... it takes a few revisions, and for something like meth you will definitely need a wideband.

But yes, we've all tuned multiple meth/water injected Evo's online.... Most recently, I had a customer with a 50 Trim with all bolt ons and 28psi

Last edited by recompile; May 25, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old May 25, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome, that's probably the route I will go, need to get a wideband now. Good to know I don't have to go spend 500 bucks for a tune. Thanks for your help
Old May 25, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
some of the well known big guys suck. Shameless & 4ws are good and honest.
Shameless and 4WS, I have heard great things about both of them and was not reffering to either of them. Also remember the other well known big guys have been tuning Evo's for 5 years and I trust there abilitys more than a new fly by night place that has been doing it for a year or less thats all.
Who holds all the records? I think Buschur, AMS, Turbotrix, Dynoflash, Vishnu, all are great tuners with many years of experience and I would trust them well over someone who has only been at it a short time and has no shop or anything. My opinion you do what you choose
Old May 25, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

So many guys got an Evo and played with the ECU and they are now tuners!!
Old May 25, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

go with 4ws. he is awesome!
Old May 25, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

I've heard good things from 4WS.
Old May 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Shameless and 4WS, I have heard great things about both of them and was not reffering to either of them. Also remember the other well known big guys have been tuning Evo's for 5 years and I trust there abilitys more than a new fly by night place that has been doing it for a year or less thats all.
Who holds all the records? I think Buschur, AMS, Turbotrix, Dynoflash, Vishnu, all are great tuners with many years of experience and I would trust them well over someone who has only been at it a short time and has no shop or anything. My opinion you do what you choose
I've been tuning evo's for much longer than i've been a vendor on here. I've been tuning other cars when evo's were first arriving in the states =-)

You have absolutely nothing to worry about with 4WS, you're in good hands.

Cheers!
Old May 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
I've heard good things from 4WS.
Originally Posted by draconx
go with 4ws. he is awesome!
Thanks guys!
Old May 26, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

this guy is in freehold nj.... absolutely no offense towards 4ws/shameless/mellon, but sean ivey is only 45 minutes away, you owe it to yourself to pay him a visit.
Old May 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar
this guy is in freehold nj.... absolutely no offense towards 4ws/shameless/mellon, but sean ivey is only 45 minutes away, you owe it to yourself to pay him a visit.
if you're that close to ivey - forget the email flash, just poney up and make the drive.

dyno tune by one the best tuners in the U.S >>>> email tune

Quick Reply: very confused about email tune?