ECU Flash

cold start enrichment table

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
mrfred,

I just re-read this entire thread, since it has been a while since you originally posted these maps and I found them for my ROM.

Reading through this again, I noticed several people posted decay maps and running maps and I noticed that you stated that you hadn't found the running maps for your ROM yet.

Have you looked at the 8 or so maps that start at 3126? There are about 8 or so at 3126, 3136, 3146, etc.

These same maps for 96940011 appear to start at 2dea.

Based on the threads from mattjin and others, it seems as if the first two are decay maps, then the next two are post running maps?

Eric
I did find some of the corresponding tables in my ROM. A few months ago, I started looking at the algorithms associated with these tables, and my intitial conclusion on the post primer map is that it wasn't meant to be used for that purpose, although apprarently it does work in that fashion. I haven't gotten to the decay maps yet. I need to look at it again before I can be sure. These maps are next on my list after I finish up with what I can on the ISCV control system.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which tables do you have, and which ones are you missing?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
If you are running pump gas then use this formula as a baseline for startup IPW values:

new startup IPW value = (old startup IPW value)*(current injector scaling)/514

If you are running E85 (can't remember) then use:

new startup IPW value = 1.3*(old startup IPW value)*(current injector scaling)/514

Depending on how your injectors react, you may want to raise/lower individual values in the table.

The single value mcsec table is only used on Evo 7s. Its not used on Evo 8s or 9s.
I do not understand why you'd increase the values with larger injectors while using pump gas. The way I'm thinking about things, the value should to lowered since the injectors are flowing more fuel. Please let me know if my thinking has served me wrong!

Should the formula instead be: new startup IPW value = (old startup IPW value)*[513/(current injector scaling)]

Last edited by Kracka; Dec 18, 2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:28 PM
Account Disabled

When your running E85 and (in my example 1190cc/min injectors) I still have to add fuel to start the car.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 07:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by S2kracka
I do not understand why you'd increase the values with larger injectors while using pump gas. The way I'm thinking about things, the value should to lowered since the injectors are flowing more fuel. Please let me know if my thinking has served me wrong!

Should the formula instead be: new startup IPW value = (old startup IPW value)*[513/(current injector scaling)]
You're exactly correct. I rushed too fast on that formula. Updating that post now.

As a side note, the values at cold temps 7C and below need to increase substantially for E85.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Great, thanks! Just wanted to clarify Also, do you think its important to use the scaled injector values (example: 513 scaling) rather than actual injector flow (example: 560cc)?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 08:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by S2kracka
Great, thanks! Just wanted to clarify Also, do you think its important to use the scaled injector values (example: 513 scaling) rather than actual injector flow (example: 560cc)?
Just need to be consistent, so if you are using the ECU scaling of the new injector, then use the ECU scaling of the old injector. Or if you are using the advertised scaling of the new injector, then use the advertised scaling of the old injector. I recommend using the ECU scaled values because this is going to be more accurate than the advertised value.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't gotten to the decay maps yet. I need to look at it again before I can be sure. These maps are next on my list after I finish up with what I can on the ISCV control system.
I have been deciphering this and the Coolant temperature AFR adder for 88590015
is in subroutine 17F46, tables in concern are 3190,3180,3170,3160,3150,3140. they are used depending on various conditions (mrfred maybe can decipher it further). Value of AFR adder is then stored in FFFF6CB6. It is kind of complicated routine as interpolation is done with Post_Primer_Decay_Weight_Factor, there are checks of Coolant temperature, Idle e.t.c.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just thought I would post a screen shot of my settings that seem to be working better than the richer settings I was using previously. I used the following equation in the thread to get my values: new startup IPW value = (old startup IPW value)*[513/(current injector scaling)] . I used 1125 as my current injector scaling, even though I have them scaled to 1083.

For reference, my car has a mini battery (2yrs. old) & FIC 1150's and the weather was touching -20F to -30F the last couple of days. My car sat all day at the train station and I was surprised it even started considering it was out for ~12 hours today. This is pump gas as I don't want to mess w/ the E85 in the frigid weather.

ROM 94170015 (Left is stock / Right is modified)

Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:03 AM

Has anyone found these tables for 96420007/96420008?
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to update the thread that my car has now been starting easy in negative temperatures here in Chicago, and the phenomenon I saw that one night of my a/f numbers being rich was a fluke. Everything looks good now.

Thanks guys!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You're exactly correct. I rushed too fast on that formula. Updating that post now.

As a side note, the values at cold temps 7C and below need to increase substantially for E85.
Along these same lines... with the injector scaling for E85 aren't we already adding that 1.3 multiplier in by using newval/old val? IE: Arent E85 injector scalings already ~(scaling x 1.3)? I know for the much colder stuff you still need to add more, but that might help some people with warm/hot start problems.

Also... gearing this one toward tephra. Instead of doing multiple/alternate startup IPW values in the next release, why not just hard-code in a formula? It provides less tweakability, but also is one less thing to remember. You could also do it based off of the initial settings so that we could add or subtract some from the initial values but still have the overall switch be automatic!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by merlin.oz
These are the cranking lower and upper limit/threshold/window? for the JDM7 and AUDM9.

And for the JDM7 98640014:

<table name="Cranking RPM Lower Limit" category="Fuel" address="151d" type="1D" scaling="RPMCrankLimit"/>

<table name="Cranking RPM Upper Limit" category="Fuel" address="1521" type="1D" scaling="RPMCrankLimit"/>

Not sure why there is a lower limit, maybe it triggers a fault code?
Anybody find the addresses for 94170015?

With these two other values I've got 10 startup/post start maps for 94170015 that I would like to post up. It's mostly the same maps posted in here, just slightly more organized. I would like to get these last two before posting up so that it's all together though.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by fostytou
Along these same lines... with the injector scaling for E85 aren't we already adding that 1.3 multiplier in by using newval/old val? IE: Arent E85 injector scalings already ~(scaling x 1.3)? I know for the much colder stuff you still need to add more, but that might help some people with warm/hot start problems.

Also... gearing this one toward tephra. Instead of doing multiple/alternate startup IPW values in the next release, why not just hard-code in a formula? It provides less tweakability, but also is one less thing to remember. You could also do it based off of the initial settings so that we could add or subtract some from the initial values but still have the overall switch be automatic!
The startup enrichment values are not affected by changes to the injector scaling, so they need to be adjusted in the same way that injector scaling needs to be changed.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The startup enrichment values are not affected by changes to the injector scaling, so they need to be adjusted in the same way that injector scaling needs to be changed.
Right, I'm just saying that it seems like the equation that you are using (based on injector scaling) already factors in the extra 30% fuel that you need based on the fact that you are "undersizing" your scaling for your injector size by ~30% already. So 30% more fuel via scaling + using scaling based equation = already properly sized startup IPW if using scaling based equation. (yes you would still need to multiply by 1.3 if you were using physical injector flow rates).

So, there should be only one equation as:
new startup IPW value = (old startup IPW value)*(current injector scaling)/514
Agreed?

Sorry if I'm clear as mud....

Quick Reply: cold start enrichment table