Notices
ECU Flash

Open port 2

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008 | 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Bleeding the ACD is easy and doesnt require a cable.

Key ON, WOT, Pump cycles, open bleeder...done

I need to see if I can contact Colby as well.
Old May 29, 2008 | 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley

I know its not tuff as I have done it this way before, but if you can do it through a laptop easily, why not add the capability.
Old May 30, 2008 | 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

WOOOOT! cant wait for this to come out!

Originally Posted by dudical26
does anyone know if the cable will allow you to turn on the ACD pump like the EvoScan cable does?
...can you enlighten me on how this is done?
Old Jun 1, 2008 | 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley

But this didn't work for ACD/AYC cars, and I think it is also not absolutly correct for ACD. There are the valves (1 for ACD and 2 additional for AYC) that must be activated. You can find this in the Technical Documentation. I have soldered a few switches together and switch the valves on an off directly. Thats work for me.

I think the firmware of this OpenPort Module can be updated over USB, so this ACD stuff can be implemented later. (As long as the Pins are connected, but this seems do be done)
Able to apply GND or 5V-20V to OBD pins 1,3,9,11,12,13 or AUX 2.5mm stereo connector
Attached Thumbnails Open port 2-acd-ayc-valves.jpg  

Last edited by JoeBee; Jun 1, 2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2008 | 01:04 PM
EvoM Community Team

Yeah, I'm a little sour that I ordered the openport 1.3u cable when the evoscan cable was already being produced to support the ABS/AYC/ADC ecu logging/activation (since no one mentioned anything about it until a couple of weeks ago).

In any case, I'm very open to upgrade to this cable stat if it can connect to those computers, but the SD and innovate integration are nearly priceless.
Old Jun 12, 2008 | 10:59 PM

Can someone please explain the improvements from the current cable to the 2.0?
I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait/pay more/etc.
Old Jun 13, 2008 | 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

The new version is less a "cable" and more an on-board logger. You've got CAN bus support, a microSD slot for a card to log to, support for the Innovate stereo connector bus, etc.

The nifty thing, per a few posts from colby on IWSTI, is that the new system no longer exposes an FDTI device to the computer you're logging with. This could be both good and bad, but what it means is no more problems like FTDI's drivers not working on MacOS 10.5. A few choice quotes for folks who aren't on that forum:
Originally Posted by colby
  • The price will definitely be less than $200. Once my assembler is done with the first 1000 cables, I will have a better idea what my cost is and be able to set an accurate price.
  • There is a lot of new software and firmware I am writing for this cable at the moment. Not all of it will be finished when the product first releases. At first release, it will reflash the new CAN based vehicles and provide basic logging ability to CSV type text files. Later versions of EcuFlash will start providing fancier graphing, live tracing etc. This cable has been a long time coming, so I don't want to hold up people who want to reflash while I polish the logging features.
  • Everything I write also works with the Mac. This new cable doesn't have any 3rd party drivers, so it won't have an issue like the previous OpenPort cables that work in OSX 10.4 and not in 10.5. If FTDI ever gets around to fixing their driver, those cables should start working again as well. Unfortunately, that issue is a bit beyond my control.
  • Our site isn't setup for pre-ordering. They will be in-stock when they are available to order.
Old Jun 13, 2008 | 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

if you are just getting some logs to send to a tuner, or don't intend to spend all your spare time tuning, the old cable will do.

the nice thing about the new cable: no need for a laptop in the car. log direct to the card take it inside to your computer.

from the picture I don't quite see how you can download to the ecu with that cable. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Can you log to card and pass through to a laptop at the same time?
Old Jun 13, 2008 | 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
if you are just getting some logs to send to a tuner, or don't intend to spend all your spare time tuning, the old cable will do.

the nice thing about the new cable: no need for a laptop in the car. log direct to the card take it inside to your computer.

from the picture I don't quite see how you can download to the ecu with that cable. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Can you log to card and pass through to a laptop at the same time?
Or if your tuning laptop doesnt have an SD reader just pull it off the card through the cable at a later time?
Old Jun 13, 2008 | 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

There seems to be a mini USB connection for your PC to connect to.
Old Jun 13, 2008 | 01:01 PM

yea, thats pretty much what i figured
i will definitely be tuning myself mostly and logging often
i feel (as it seems most do) <$200 for usb and to be able to log "laptopless" is likely worth the price/wait alone

thanks for the info logic, looks like i will wait for the open port 2.0

anyone else have input (fact or oppinion) on this?