Notices
ECU Flash

Evoscan 2.3 released.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeRo IX
how do you go about getting your serial if you have lost it? i have emailed and open a ticket but have not heard back yet.
I assume you're referring to EvoScan, if so you've got a PM.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sub7
Anyone know what mandatory variables we need to log so Evoscan can come up with power and torque? For example I need to display power & torque on 3rd gear pull, but under "acceleration runs found" is not displaying anything (while sometimes it does).

Is it mandatory to log estimated g/rev, horsepower and torque so I can get power & torque?
+1.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Hamish replied to my repair ticket and basically said its the first he's heard of the issue and is kinda mad that none of his beta testers ever mentioned the issue before the release.
Any news on whether this has been fixed or will be fixed?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not a word. Kinda blows
Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm back to 2.1, personally. 2.2 was stillborn for me because of the loss of LC-1 logging functionality, and 2.3 is completely unusable because of the logging jitters. Plus, it's amazing how much bloat has set in; 2.1 worked fine on my win2k tablet with 256MB of memory, but 2.3 is absolutely choking if I have the poor luck of having anything else open at the same time (like, say, ecuflash).

If logging with LogWorks didn't feel like such a hack, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I need to finish writing my own damn logger already.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

He emailed me back saying that he will get done with V 2.4 asap.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by logic
Plus, it's amazing how much bloat has set in; 2.1 worked fine on my win2k tablet with 256MB of memory, but 2.3 is absolutely choking if I have the poor luck of having anything else open at the same time (like, say, ecuflash).

Thats becoming the norm lately with tons of software companies. Processor speeds,standard ram and hard drive space just keep getting higher and higher each month so they can spend less money on shrinking their stuff.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow. I only had one report of this problem on my support desk, I didn't realise it was such a big deal. I'll release a new version today.

I spent hundreds of hours in v2.3 to make it faster with multithreading etc. I'm guessing multithreading is actually made everything slightly bloated but it definately makes things more responsive, i.e you can actually controll the interface while its logging now. I may change it so that you have the option of using the multithreading or not.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Thats becoming the norm lately with tons of software companies. Processor speeds,standard ram and hard drive space just keep getting higher and higher each month so they can spend less money on shrinking their stuff.
I'm admittedly a corner case, being so memory constrained; I wouldn't complain if I was told point-blank that my application isn't supported (I'm amazed everything I'm using still runs acceptably on Win2k, to be honest). But, there was a very noticeable memory footprint increase from 2.2 to 2.3, and coupled with a weaker processor, behavior is exceedingly jerky. So, 2.1 is probably the version I'll stay on for the foreseeable future, because it has the unique combination of working LC-1 logging and reasonable size.

At some point, I'll probably plunk down for an Eee and add a touchscreen to it, but for now, this does the job.

(Honestly, my workflow probably lends itself better to something else anyway; a small-footprint logging component like Mitsulogger, with a detailed log analyzer/visualizer like DataLogLab, perhaps. Gauges and real-time display aren't something I find very useful except for very rare circumstances; I have real physical gauges and other full-time alerting for that, and a text editor lets me see the numbers just as well as an on-screen display.)
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad

I spent hundreds of hours in v2.3 to make it faster with multithreading etc. I'm guessing multithreading is actually made everything slightly bloated but it definately makes things more responsive, i.e you can actually controll the interface while its logging now. I may change it so that you have the option of using the multithreading or not.
How much of an increase in RAM footprint did the multithreading require? Will the option to disable it also decrease the RAM footprint?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I'm gonna make a seperate .exe that has a small footprint for those who don't need the xtra features. that will just do the bear minimum features for logging to csv. and it will use the same settings data.xml so you can set it up in the full evoscan, and run it in the tiny footprint exe for maximum dyno logging performance.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:30 AM
Former Sponsor

the file size is growing because of the 60,000 new lines of code added for Actuators/ABS/AYC/Subaru/GPS/Video/Gauges you name it.. its huge.. If you are a developer and want to contribute to our weekly teamspeak meetings let me know.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

v2.4 released.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
downloading now - not available as a direct download - need to replace "3" with "4" in the URL...
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

lol, not much gets past you lot

I am making one more change for v2.4

In v2.1 onwards I changed the AFRMap to match the ecuflash AFRMap values...

in v2.0 AFRMAP = x
LOADCALC = 5*513*((0.256*x)-(-0.1026*[Battery]+1.8741))/[AFRMAP]

in v2.3 AFRMAP = (14.7*128)/x
LOADCALC = 5*513*((0.256*x)-(-0.1026*[Battery]+1.8741))/[AFRMAP]

in EvoScan v2.4 I will leave the AFRMAP as (14.7*128)/x and I'll change the

LoadCalc to match correctly with =5*[InjectorScalingTextBox]*((0.256*x)-(-0.1026*[Battery]+1.8741))/(14.7*128/[AFRMAP]) and I'll add a box to the form for you to easily change the Injector Scaling (cc/min) value.

Quick Reply: Evoscan 2.3 released.