Notices
ECU Flash

fuel cut problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel cut problems

k guys i just installed a intake filter and running 50/50 meth. and 27 psi of boost. My problem is when im logging and doing WOT runs in 3rd gear it feels like i hit a brick wall or the car cuts fuel i dont kno if its that or boost cut . i was looking at my looks and at the time i fell the brick wall my IDC is at zero so is this fuel cut. also during my install i messed up the honeycomb in my MAF. so i took the honeycomb out form fear it might chip little chips in to my engine. So what is this feeling of hitting a brick wall ? Can some one help me Thanks

Last edited by gone2pimp; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Log your load, then go into Ecuflash and raise your boost cut limit to a number higher than your load. If you are seeing loads over 320, increase the timer. Get another MAF honeycomb, it acts to smooth the air out and make it more laminar as it flows through the MAF.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

k sometime i do hit loads over 300, are you talking about boost delay timer? rite now i dont have the money for a new maf. and my load scale is up to 320 if that helps anything
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:10 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dude
Log your load, then go into Ecuflash and raise your boost cut limit to a number higher than your load. If you are seeing loads over 320, increase the timer. Get another MAF honeycomb, it acts to smooth the air out and make it more laminar as it flows through the MAF.

He speaks the trooth.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yes. That is fuel cut and this is the table dude is talking about;
How messed up are the honeycombs? If it's not too bad they can be straightened with the right sized allen/hex wrench.
Attached Thumbnails fuel cut problems-boost.jpg  
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

well i got pissed at myself for hitting the honeycomb and took the whole thing out.