Notices
ECU Flash

Tactrix Boost Control Solenoid (Plug-n-Play for Mitsu)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Are you correctly using the wastegate duty cycle table in combination with error correction and load targets?

Are you using interrupt or bleed? Did you leave the pills in your lines if you are using bleed-type?

If you are, then your problem is too small of a turbo
No pills, and its 3-port solenoid, i think i need at least downpipe or full exhaust to make more boost?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:04 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bärtil
No pills, and its 3-port solenoid, i think i need at least downpipe or full exhaust to make more boost?
You could still use pills if you were using the 3 port as a bleed type (like stock) rather than an interrupt setup. In any case, you would be amazed what people will do.

But yes, if you don't have an exhaust boost levels that high might be out of the range you really want. I would be keeping a close eye on knock. At the same time having an exhaust (I think) can actually decrease the amount of boost your turbo is able to hold at higher RPMs because boost is a function of pressure (which would be simplified extremely as airflow x time - leakage or usage ), and if you are making your engine a more efficient air pump you are using the air in that space quicker, thereby making it harder for a turbo that is already not efficient to be efficient.

You may also want to check for boost leaks.

Last edited by fostytou; Aug 20, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by fostytou
You could still use pills if you were using the 3 port as a bleed type (like stock) rather than an interrupt setup. In any case, you would be amazed what people will do.

But yes, if you don't have an exhaust boost levels that high might be out of the range you really want. I would be keeping a close eye on knock. At the same time having an exhaust (I think) can actually decrease the amount of boost your turbo is able to hold at higher RPMs because boost is a function of pressure (which would be simplified extremely as airflow x time - leakage or usage ), and if you are making your engine a more efficient air pump you are using the air in that space quicker, thereby making it harder for a turbo that is already not efficient to be efficient.

You may also want to check for boost leaks.
No boost leaks im sure, i think the turbo cant just make alot pressure with stock exhaust pipe and intake, too much back pressure etc? i just need sumone who really knows that it's true to confirm it? I get some knock but i will tune it after i've set the boost level. And yes its interrupt setup with new lines without pills

Last edited by bärtil; Aug 20, 2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

This is EXACTLY the same as the one Gruppe-S is selling, I wonder who copied who first or who became a reseller first. Tactrix= $115 shipped vs. Gruppe-S=$99 shipped.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

It looks like Tactrix stop selling it because it's no longer available from their website.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed this also! It was on a couple weeks ago, I bought mine from them...very weird. GruppeS is selling them cheaper and it's the same thing anyways. 99 shipped.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

I may need to look into the JDM 3bar sensor... the weather has cooled here (along with fixing a minor boost leak)... I hit 34.x psi on my 22psi tune SOMEHOW.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I guess my tatrix bcs is toast

The only thing I can think of is that when I boost leak tested with it hooked up it may have damaged it. I don't really know how this is possible unless if I managed to put like 40+ psi in the system.

I'm running the same tune (actually detuned the boost a little and copied over my pump gas turbo maps to the alt map turbo maps in case that was some kind of bug). It was set at 22psi before...

I unplugged the wires today (left the vac lines hooked up) and it hits 18-19psi on the FP WGA like it should. Unless if anyone has an ideas I'd say I've killed it.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 04:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
It should default to wastegate boost if dead, at least the GM does that.

However maybe it got stuck to full boost. Try reversing the lines and pressurizing it?

If you put the WGDC to 0% does it still overboost?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
not unless its stuck open???
Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

I'll take it off on lunch and see if I can tell anything. I brought my MBC to work in case the tatrix bcs doesn't want to cooperate with me.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Has anyone measured the resistance of the Prodrive BCS?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrfred
Has anyone measured the resistance of the Prodrive BCS?
Dont know about the prodrive, but I purchased the ingersoll rand one and it should be here today. Hopefully I can hook it up this weekend. Only cost me 30 bucks and supposely it is pretty close to stock resistance according to the subaru boost solenoid which i assume is similar to the evos

Here is the link. http://www.drillspot.com/products/41...Solenoid_Valve
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok stock solenoid 33.6 ohms and the ingersoll rand one is 36.5 ohms. I am not an electronics engineer, but I do not think i need a resistor to wire it up since they are pretty close can someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
Ok stock solenoid 33.6 ohms and the ingersoll rand one is 36.5 ohms. I am not an electronics engineer, but I do not think i need a resistor to wire it up since they are pretty close can someone correct me if I am wrong.
That's a fine match.

Quick Reply: Tactrix Boost Control Solenoid (Plug-n-Play for Mitsu)