Notices
ECU Flash

Tactrix Boost Control Solenoid (Plug-n-Play for Mitsu)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:48 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tactrix Boost Control Solenoid (Plug-n-Play for Mitsu)

Did you guys see this?

It was added to the Tactrix site a few days ago. Is this the answer to our plug-n-play BCS dreams?

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info....d0a9bdd71766b1

Tactrix 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid (Mitsu)
[PD3PBCSM] $109.00

This Tactrix 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid uses the same high quality German solenoid previously sold by Prodrive. When tuning with aftermarket engine management, this will allow you to take control, and raise the factory boost level. The Mitsubishi Factory Boost Control Solenoid is not capable of handling high boost pressures, and will become uncontrollable at higher pressure. This is controlled by any aftermarket engine management that allows you to set wastegate duty cycle. Comes with harness for plug and play install with Mitsubishis. Please note that while mechanically and electrically speaking this solenoid is plug-and-play, it absolutely requires map changes in your engine management to operate safely and control your boost levels
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting... Anyone else got any info on this?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting ... what would be the advantage of using this over the proven OEM solenoid + pill mod + JDM MAP sensor + ECU boost control?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like that is the plug and play solution. I already cut and soldered the OEM wires to a resistor in series to the GM 3 Port wire harness.. Then it plugs and play to a GM 3Port Solenoid. The plug and play solution for me now is to keep using the GM 3 Port if in the future it fails. GM 3 Port is cheaper but if you do not want to cut cables that will do it.

Last edited by racer135; Jun 23, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:08 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by voidhawk
Interesting ... what would be the advantage of using this over the proven OEM solenoid + pill mod + JDM MAP sensor + ECU boost control?
1.) You wouldn't have to screw with pills.

2.) This solution would be more stable switching between high boost and low boost maps.

3.) You could still use all the nifty JDM Map sensor and ECU boost control stuff.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
It's a prodrive 3 port solenoid. They have been used on subarus for years.

I checked the subaru plug this weekend and it's the same as the Mitsu one except the one raised line is on the opposite side. If you file it down you are good to go.

I wonder if that is what tactrix is doing.

GM solenoid is still much cheaper. I wonder if we can find somewhere to source those plugs.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pd1
1.) You wouldn't have to screw with pills.

2.) This solution would be more stable switching between high boost and low boost maps.

3.) You could still use all the nifty JDM Map sensor and ECU boost control stuff.
3-port BCS = no pill? I like that idea ... thanks for the clarification
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Yup no pills needed with 3 ports.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
3port is a much more solid solution to boost control...
Old Jun 23, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^
Wow that's pretty niffy!! Is anyone in here running that?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

The Prodrive, Perrin and GM BCS are all reasonable replacements and all are 3 ports. The real benefit is running the BCS in interrupt vs. the stock routing which is in Bleed mode (On both Subaru and Evo's, the stock BC system runs bleed mode)

3 ports in interrupt also let you drop the WGDC across the board to achieve the same boost as you would in Bleed.

A hybrid Manual/electric boost control setup is by far the easiest to tune and offers the full throttle punch of an MBC with partial throttle control boost control. A hybrid MBC/EBCS system only works if the EBCS is 3 port and run in interrupt.

The Perrin EBCS is a remachined version of a 3 port solenoid sold by Grainger for about 30.00.

/Brox
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broxma
The Prodrive, Perrin and GM BCS are all reasonable replacements and all are 3 ports. The real benefit is running the BCS in interrupt vs. the stock routing which is in Bleed mode (On both Subaru and Evo's, the stock BC system runs bleed mode)

3 ports in interrupt also let you drop the WGDC across the board to achieve the same boost as you would in Bleed.

A hybrid Manual/electric boost control setup is by far the easiest to tune and offers the full throttle punch of an MBC with partial throttle control boost control. A hybrid MBC/EBCS system only works if the EBCS is 3 port and run in interrupt.

The Perrin EBCS is a remachined version of a 3 port solenoid sold by Grainger for about 30.00.

/Brox
Thanks so much for that info... $30 seems much for feasible to me and I think I'm going to pic one up. Thanks for the info once again
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:16 PM

so if I plug and chug this into my vehicle, I can now control boost with EcuFLASH and not hack any wires?? Seems like a deal to me.....anyway to get one of these to log boost? That would be nice.....(trying to minimum the devices i need for tuning..)
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:22 PM
Pd1
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
so if I plug and chug this into my vehicle, I can now control boost with EcuFLASH and not hack any wires?? Seems like a deal to me.....anyway to get one of these to log boost? That would be nice.....(trying to minimum the devices i need for tuning..)
You'll still need a JDM MAP sensor to log boost.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:33 PM

gotcha...i got a GM 3bar MAP to do that....looks like it should do the trick fine (came with my Wideband O2 package from zeitronix)

Quick Reply: Tactrix Boost Control Solenoid (Plug-n-Play for Mitsu)