Notices
ECU Flash

Innovate Wideband working, but not logging correctly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innovate Wideband working, but not logging correctly

Alright so i have an innovate lc-1 that is acting a little funny. I finally figured out how to change the com ports and other stuff like that and got evoscan .99 to recognize the wideband and log it. For some reason when it logs the wideband the numbers are ranging from 4-3 on evoscan, but reading perfectly on the wideband itself. I tried changing to different ports and things like that, even which usb i was putting it into the computer on. I then decided to make sure everything was working right with lm programmer and logworks. Luckily when i decided to log the wideband with lm prorammer and logworks it was logging and reading it spot on. I need to be able to log my afrs properly in order to get a good tune, but im unable to do this with evoscan. Any suggestions. Should i try mitsulogger? Is it possible to use both evoscan and the logworks simultaneously so that i can send them both to my tuner, or will that slow the loggers down to much and cause a problem, or will having the logworks file not really do anything for me even though it is showing what my actual afrs are. Im using a keyspan serial to usb just incase anyone was wondering. alright thanks for the help.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

bump, somebody has to have an idea of whats going on
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

the only version i got to log my lc-1 correctly was 2.3, any other versions gave me incorrect numbers
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

finally... an answer! alright thanks ill give that a try
Old Jul 4, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

I've had no problems logging my LC-1 using 2.1, I just had to select the LC-1 option in the wideband list(even though it says it support in progress).
Old Jul 4, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

alright. this seems pretty weird but i guess ill give it a shot
Old Jul 4, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetEvo
I've had no problems logging my LC-1 using 2.1, I just had to select the LC-1 option in the wideband list(even though it says it support in progress).
what he said above and i was wondering if you hooked it up in logworks to see how it is working. It might need calibration as well. I used logworks then Evoscan.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the LC-1 working with 2.3 even though it is set up via the mts chain. this is a bonus as mitsulogger won't work it at all in that configuration.
edit: no, I had disconnected the chain.

Still, as mentioned above, try logworks/openport it is really a nice logging feature. In many ways vastly superior to evoscan at least in graphing. Since you have the innovate product its already there.

Last edited by nothere; Jul 5, 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:54 PM
Account Disabled

if it's reading correctly in logworks then you know the problem is with evoscan. if it's reading incorrectly in logworks you probably have a bad sensor or just haven't calibrated the sensor correctly.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

alright well i recalibrated it but havn't tried to log since. Im not really trying to use a new version of evoscan because my tuner prefers to use version .99 but also because i can't really figure out how to download the new version without paying for it again. Thanks for your help
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

alright im pretty pissed. ive been trying everything and nothing is working right. I was just trying to get logworks working and it was reading everything fine but it wasn't reading other things like rpm and throttle position and other awesome stuff that it has on the box and the website. Anyway besides that not working i still can't get evoscan do pickup my wideband correctly and i must be a noob or something because i can't for the life of me download evoscan 2.4 without paying for it again. well i dunno what to do, i really don't wanna give up but im running out of options any more advice???
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Did you ever try logworks? did it work? Leave evo4mad a message and the link to download was actuallyl posted here. If you paid for evoscan then email them to get the newer version.

Evoscan help link

http://www.evoscan.org/helpdesk/

Last edited by oldevodude; Jul 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

with logworks you open openport 1.3 first, get it logging and then open logworks.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 06:21 AM
Account Disabled

the point of the logworks suggestion was to verify that the wb02 is working properly (not everything else)...if it is then you know it's an evoscan problem. Some people simply choose the wrong com port.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i figured out the com port problems and stuff like that im so close i can taste it all i need is for evoscan to log my afrs! thanks for the help ill see if i can get a new version of evoscn