Notices
ECU Flash

Innovate LC-1 Install & Location

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Innovate LC-1 Install & Location

I've been wiring this up this weekend and see where there's an LED that's going to flash. I assume that's on the LC-1 itself, although I don't readily see it, yet.

My problem is that I assumed I was going to have it all tucked away behind the dash. But now there's some important indicator light. To complicate this, however, the run from just in front of the cat (where the bung is) into the car puts the plug that goes into the LC-1 barely under the console/dash.

How do folks have theirs installed for easy access and, yet, have it look OK in the cabin? I'm about to cut a slit in the carpeting in order to have the plug come up, and route the LC-1 from the passenger side footwell, under the dash, and into power and ground by the fusebox.

Any ideas?

Pics?

Thanks!!!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
I've been wiring this up this weekend and see where there's an LED that's going to flash. I assume that's on the LC-1 itself, although I don't readily see it, yet.

My problem is that I assumed I was going to have it all tucked away behind the dash. But now there's some important indicator light. To complicate this, however, the run from just in front of the cat (where the bung is) into the car puts the plug that goes into the LC-1 barely under the console/dash.

How do folks have theirs installed for easy access and, yet, have it look OK in the cabin? I'm about to cut a slit in the carpeting in order to have the plug come up, and route the LC-1 from the passenger side footwell, under the dash, and into power and ground by the fusebox.

Any ideas?

Pics?

Thanks!!!
the lc1 main body usually is put under the passenger or drive seat i forget which,
then this gives good cable lenght to reach the sensor in the decat pipe and the wires that need to reach the ecu.
the led you refer to is normal sited next to your display if you have one along with
the recalibration button but they are both optional to fit.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

The light's optional? Hmmm, I'll have to look further into the full docs then, because the quick guide has you checking the flashing for error codes, etc.

Under the seat will still require some carpet cutting. OK. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is the led that comes with the lc1, its just free floating in the box
with very short wires attached same as the push button.

Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have a bung at the end of your downpipe put the sensor there.
run the wires up through the grommet, put the contraption behind the radio, run the light over to the bottom of the glove box. from there you can put it inside or hang it so you can see it with the box closed.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, now that I have everything wired, I've found the button and LED. *Laugh*

Thanks for the tips!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

is the led and button needed?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

no
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

I drilled the two holes in the plastic under the left side of the steering wheel. Light and button are there and clean. I've not gotten the LC-1 put anywhere yet. The passenger side's a bit of a mess with carpet up, etc. I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to do there.

The plug for the sensor isn't long enough to make it under the seat on it's own when the seat's all the way back. I still figure this thing is going to live in the passenger footwell velcro'd to the side of the console. We'll see.

Thanks, everyone!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a rubber plug that is on passenger side of center tunnel. I dremeled the hole a little larger and ran the sensor out of this hole and into a bung i had welded on end of downpipe. the lc-1 unit is mounted under the center console I definitely say the light and switch are needed because you can easily recalibrate the thing and the light will show you when the unit is warming up and active not to mentoin any codes should the unit have any issues. There is a how-to write up if i am not mistaken i used this as a general guideline. The unit is very picky about it's power and ground wiring.

Good Luck
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Light and switch now installed under the steering wheel and look good. Sliding the LC-1 under the console on the passenger side is what I'm hoping for. I had enough time to take logs, etc. last night and will pretty it up shortly.

Thanks for your input!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
Thanks. Light and switch now installed under the steering wheel and look good. Sliding the LC-1 under the console on the passenger side is what I'm hoping for. I had enough time to take logs, etc. last night and will pretty it up shortly.

Thanks for your input!
Removing the center console is super easy. There is good space to Tie wrap the lc-1 under there. I like your idea about the switch and light on steering wheel console
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
I've got the LC-1 controller installed below the A/C controls. Its wedged between the airbag controller and the console frame. The LED is installed into the left side of the console just below the A/C controls. The push-button switch is installed below the glove box in some of the plastic framework that holds the plastic ECU harness cover in place.

Its important to install the light in a place where it can easily be seen. If for some reason the controller does not startup correctly, its important to know this (continously blinking LED) so that the controller can be powercycled (i.e., restart the car).
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

I ended up with my LC-1 under the center console. There was plenty of room on the passenger's side. I ran the wideband O2 harness out through the floor where the original O2 harness came in with a new grommet.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'm almost done with my install but I can't find the wire from the headlights that will dim the gauge at night. Any help?

Quick Reply: Innovate LC-1 Install & Location