Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V5.10

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, laramie and myself did some testing of the 96420011 rom last night with 5.10 on it. here is what we noted:

at idle, alt map ignition tables definately take effect. we set the entire ignition table to 1 degree and noted extreme lack of power when the alt map was enabled. we were also able to verify that the injector scaling was using the alt map settings at idle.

heres where it gets weird:

because we are using the aquamist on this car to cut the 5v to the alt map trigger, i wanted the "trigger time" to be very short, so i had it set to 500ms. the load threshhold was relatively low though, 100. thinking that possibly the meth controller was tripping a failsafe, we changed the trigger time to 3 seconds so even if it is throwing a failsafe we get a good 3 seconds in the altmaps before it would drop out assuming we were below 100 load.

with the alt map enabled (as verified by the ICS light flashing), we did a quick second gear pull. the tables are DEFINATELY using the base map timing, fuel, and wastegate duty tables at WOT. we were able to verify this by changing the alt map timing tables to all 1 degree from 100 load up, and set the wastegate duty to 10 so as to run wastegate pressure. every run we saw 27psi (the basemap wastegate duty is set to 70), and we saw the timing curve from the basemaps. i can only assume that at some point it is switching back to the basemaps during the pull, and immediately switching back to altmaps after the pull, all within the tiny amount of time it takes to do a 2nd gear pull with 27psi.

i would like to check one other thing though, i want to log the status of which map it is on (altmap enabled), but i need to know where the addresses are for doing that. laramie and myself weren't sure
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
ok, laramie and myself did some testing of the 96420011 rom last night with 5.10 on it. here is what we noted:

at idle, alt map ignition tables definately take effect. we set the entire ignition table to 1 degree and noted extreme lack of power when the alt map was enabled. we were also able to verify that the injector scaling was using the alt map settings at idle.

heres where it gets weird:

because we are using the aquamist on this car to cut the 5v to the alt map trigger, i wanted the "trigger time" to be very short, so i had it set to 500ms. the load threshhold was relatively low though, 100. thinking that possibly the meth controller was tripping a failsafe, we changed the trigger time to 3 seconds so even if it is throwing a failsafe we get a good 3 seconds in the altmaps before it would drop out assuming we were below 100 load.

with the alt map enabled (as verified by the ICS light flashing), we did a quick second gear pull. the tables are DEFINATELY using the base map timing, fuel, and wastegate duty tables at WOT. we were able to verify this by changing the alt map timing tables to all 1 degree from 100 load up, and set the wastegate duty to 10 so as to run wastegate pressure. every run we saw 27psi (the basemap wastegate duty is set to 70), and we saw the timing curve from the basemaps. i can only assume that at some point it is switching back to the basemaps during the pull, and immediately switching back to altmaps after the pull, all within the tiny amount of time it takes to do a 2nd gear pull with 27psi.

i would like to check one other thing though, i want to log the status of which map it is on (altmap enabled), but i need to know where the addresses are for doing that. laramie and myself weren't sure
The time and load only work for switching up to the alt-maps, not down/away from them. In case of a fault, why would you want to remain in the alt-map anyway?!

As far as what to log:
http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/TephraM...Alt_Map_status

Last edited by fostytou; Aug 25, 2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by tephra
did you wire in your own clutch switch??
just explain what the problem is again?
Originally Posted by KaeruNoMe
On my EVO 7 RS the clutch switch are not installed (both the upper and lower). I bought a genuine Mitsubishi EVO 8/9 upper clutch switch and I wired it to the ECU pin 43 and to the ECU ground.
With NLTS=1 (90550001) the clutch switch works in a strange way:
With pedal released, the fuel cut comes when the NLTS threshold values are achieved (load / TPS / speed).
With pedal pushed down the cut sometimes does not come, sometimes yes.
Hi Tephra, have you found any possible solution to NLTS problem?

I would like to correct the desription of the problem because I made some other tests.
Maybe the solution is not to invert the switch...
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fostytou
The time and load only work for switching up to the alt-maps, not down/away from them. In case of a fault, why would you want to remain in the alt-map anyway?!

As far as what to log:
http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/TephraM...Alt_Map_status
uhhh, you must have missed the original problem i posted. the problem i am seeing is there is no map switching going on. regardless of the switch settings (and in the case of the aquamist), on alt map or base map, there is no difference. we try to run the ALt map as the high boost, and the base map as the safety map/low boost. i'm not trying to remain in the altmap, i'm trying to get the maps to switch, which there seems to be a problem, possibly in the aquamist controller dropping the 5V signal, or an issue with the ROM. thats what i'm trying to figure out. i don't have this issue with the evo 9 roms, just the two that i posted. and like i said, it could be an aquamist issue dropping them into base maps by triggering a failsafe
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully someone can help me out. I downloaded the Tephra 88590015 file and moved everything over from my 88590014. Is the MUT table also suppose to get moved over too? I see alot of different values. Also, configured MUT00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05but not sure what I need to put in MUT06 and 07.

thanks

Last edited by xmaciek82x; Aug 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
uhhh, you must have missed the original problem i posted. the problem i am seeing is there is no map switching going on. regardless of the switch settings (and in the case of the aquamist), on alt map or base map, there is no difference. we try to run the ALt map as the high boost, and the base map as the safety map/low boost. i'm not trying to remain in the altmap, i'm trying to get the maps to switch, which there seems to be a problem, possibly in the aquamist controller dropping the 5V signal, or an issue with the ROM. thats what i'm trying to figure out. i don't have this issue with the evo 9 roms, just the two that i posted. and like i said, it could be an aquamist issue dropping them into base maps by triggering a failsafe
uhhh, sure seems like you were trying to use them to prevent the failsafe from tripping you down to the lower maps as quickly. And uhhh, did you miss the answer that I posted of where to log?

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Hopefully someone can help me out. I downloaded the Tephra 88590015 file and moved everything over from my 88590014. Is the MUT table also suppose to get moved over too? I see alot of different values. Also, configured MUT00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05but not sure what I need to put in MUT06 and 07.

thanks
The answer is around, but I'm not sure if it is in this thread. MUT does not have an effect on the operation of the vehicle. It is only for logging purposes. If you are trying to log something at 06-07 then change it to what your old address was (look in evoscan to find it). If you are not trying to log anything there then don't worry about it, the output doesn't matter to you anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 03:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fostytou
uhhh, sure seems like you were trying to use them to prevent the failsafe from tripping you down to the lower maps as quickly. And uhhh, did you miss the answer that I posted of where to log?

got it, thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So does 96420011 work or not, Still says untested, a couple people in the thread said it works and someone said it didnt??
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:44 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
VIII MR is 21 and taper, a IX MR should be around there.
i peak at 19psi and taper to 14 or so at 7k. maybe because i have a free-flowing air intake/exhaust?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i peak at 19psi and taper to 14 or so at 7k. maybe because i have a free-flowing air intake/exhaust?
exhaust and intake should make it spike higher.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 01:28 PM
kaj

exhaust and intake should make it spike higher.
that's what i thought. was trying to think positive 'cause i'm aware the evo ECU HATES over-boosting and usually makes you pay for it.. so i thought maybe it was limiting my boost.

uh oh. yeah. i dunno then.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check for a boost leak. i found out on saturday my stock BOV was leaking at 10 psi
Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:10 PM
kaj

check for a boost leak. i found out on saturday my stock BOV was leaking at 10 psi
will do. but i've never been all that good at finding boost leaks. they are my nemesis! haha
Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have switched roms to 94170015 currently running SD pactches with everything working great. Thanks to tephra,mrfred and others. The only thing im in need of is the IPW tables for my switch over to e85. Ive been searching post but having seen a link to a thread or a download able section.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

so kevin asked me to convert his current ROM over to the tephra so he could try out the alt map for 93/e85 tunes I've created for him.

I'm having problems opening the tephra rom with ecuflash 1.42 and the tephra 88590015.xml in place.

when I start ecuflash by itself I get this error: Parse error at line 10 column 2, error occured while parsing element

I can get past that error and into ecuflash but it doesn't recognize the rom when i try to open it and asks me to setup the definition.

what am I missing here? is there a flaw in the supplied tephra .xml?

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V5.10