Notices
ECU Flash

Smoothing your tune with graphing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'21 cell load version' is very sweet!

I think the logical next step would be for the VVT (MIVEC) tables.

Thanks for the tool! And all of the contributions for all involved. EvoM rocks!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ok..am I the only one seeing the hand? What happened to it?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
as soon as someone buys me an evo with MIVEC naw jki ... it is easy enough to do but I think I need to finish v3 and include all the changes to the timing table.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I meant IX and sadly none of the charting worksin open office. the smoothing should work fine, but not the charting. Oo doesn't have 3d charts and I couldn't find an add-in.

I'll test Oo tonight to make sure all the formulas work. but like I said, none of the charting will work.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
complete uninstall then reinstall the business disc. Also if that doesn't work you can use free excel based program from www.openoffice.org

Jeff
thanx, will give that a shot!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, this really took off huh?lol. I leave for the DSM shootout and i miss all the fun,lol. Jumperalex, feel free to hijack all you want since I suck with excel,lol. Just make it work with openoffice and I'm very happy,lol.

p.s.

change your avatar...it wigs me out for some reason,lol.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

ok??

im going to be the newb and ask....

when i open the maps i dont see any graphs or boxes of cells, just big wave i tried to zoom or make it bigger but it wont i can only move the graph i tried right clicking nothing happen im using v1.35 whats the trick??

i click on the high octane map comes up with table then i click on view graph n then i see no boxes of cells just a big colorfull wave lol sorry for newb ? but im use to AEM lmk Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
So to be sure, right now the IX has 20 columns in the fuel map and 21 in the timing? or is it actually 21 and 21?
I don't have a bone stock 88590015 ROM on my office PC, but from Tephra v5.10 (stock fuel/timing maps):

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by boostGotMeLaid
ok??

im going to be the newb and ask....

when i open the maps i dont see any graphs or boxes of cells, just big wave i tried to zoom or make it bigger but it wont i can only move the graph i tried right clicking nothing happen im using v1.35 whats the trick??

i click on the high octane map comes up with table then i click on view graph n then i see no boxes of cells just a big colorfull wave lol sorry for newb ? but im use to AEM lmk Thanks
you have to be using a later version of ecuflash. click on the fuel / ign map and press "Alt + G" what version of ecu flash are you running?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

I believe he said he was using 1.35 so he should be able to see the 3-d chart. Not that I'm any more help than that [shrug]

But I'm also left asking, What do you [boostGotMeLaid] mean by "just a big wave"??

And if you mean "wave" as in a curved rolling surface, like a wave on the ocean, well ... that IS what we're talking about here as seen in all the pics in this thread showing peoples smoothed maps.

Jack of Trades: if you don't like the way I look that is you're problem
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
I believe he said he was using 1.35 so he should be able to see the 3-d chart. Not that I'm any more help than that [shrug]

But I'm also left asking, What do you [boostGotMeLaid] mean by "just a big wave"??

And if you mean "wave" as in a curved rolling surface, like a wave on the ocean, well ... that IS what we're talking about here as seen in all the pics in this thread showing peoples smoothed maps.

Jack of Trades: if you don't like the way I look that is you're problem
i can pull up the graph and everything but i cant see cells by the boxes or even black lines in the graph just a big colorfull wave lol i cant view the graph any bigger just one size the only thing i can do with the graph is turn it by direction!!!!

i cant pull the map any bigger i tried everything i went to options changed the colors to see if i could see the cells but no luck when i pull up my map its not near what yalls are posted!!!

Thanks do u thing i need to download a later version where can i find a download at??
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Good info here..thanks Jack!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

the latest version is 1.35 and you said you have that. I think you really need to post a screen shot because I think you are seeing exactly what you are supposed to see in ECUFlash. But I could be wrong, so post a screen shot.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I think he's saying that he see's the colored graph, but no grid lines on it or X/Y/Z axis lines/scales.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

perhaps ... but that is why I want to see a screen cap. and lets face it. In the end if you are right then I'm not sure any of us can fix that. He might just need to reinstall ecuflash [shrug] Or is this a problem you've heard of before?

Quick Reply: Smoothing your tune with graphing