Notices
ECU Flash

Need help with my logs...(how to start with new mods)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help with my logs...(how to start with new mods)

Hi guys,
Here are my first logs after a long work on my car and I have some serious doubts checking them!!!
I have been working on several mods since the last tune so I just did a few runs because I do not want to take any risk...
mods already installed before and adjusted to the ROM:
-3" full TBE (small cat)
-Walbro pump
New mods:
-K&N dropin filter
-HFS 5 (50 alcohol /50 water)
-UEGO wideband
-Tephra V5 (with alt map on WI)
-2 byte Load
-Lower & upper pipes
-Turbo timer
==================================
My questions:
1-I took a ride to make 2 small logs with and without the WI and in both case, 2byte load seems to be very high even I do not have more than 2 knocksum...I would like to get your comments regarding load to check if it's looking real for you...
2- I note than AFR drop 0.4 to 0.5 on WI and I would like your advise to start working on the maps... Should I work on Timing first o going straight to the fuel map?
3-Drop-in filter leans AFR but I still without knock so what should I do???

HERE ARE THE LOGS

Please check them and tell me what do you think, I would like to know if I can get some help here to tune it 4 good or if I should go with a pro tuner to tune my car (remote work)... Note I live in Mexico where nobody has 4WD dyno and Mexico city is 2200m altitude so my barometer is not wrong ;-)

Thank you very much for any help!
Cheers.

Last edited by Vigman; Aug 10, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I would try and pull down your spool up timing a bit. if you look at the graph your timing takes a huge dive during spool up. When you go WOT your timing goes from 19 to 6 almost immediatly. I would try to pull down the timing so that there is less of a transition during initial WOT.

I think you can also add more timing up top. Take your time and do it slowly but after 5.5k you can begin to add in more timing.

As for AFR, with meth you really need to lean it out a lot. During spool it is ok but once you hit boost it just goes WAY to rich. it reads 10.8 in spots. I target an AFR of around 12.2 with meth.

I would say take your time and work slowly and see how much you can improve your tune. How much boost are you running by the way?
Attached Thumbnails Need help with my logs...(how to start with new mods)-meth.jpg  
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you very much Dudical for your help and for encouraging me to still working even slowly!
Actually, I run like 24PSI (on gauge) and that's also why I was affraid to see a 2byte load around 330 on boost!
But I have installed 2 regulators to manually adjust the boost (1 without WI and 1 thrue a solenoid in WI + failsafe window) so I guess I will start regulating them first... My goal is to make the tune for 24PSI without WI and 28 with WI... what do U think?
Thanx again and a lot, I will still using this thread to post evolutions!
Cheers!