Notices
ECU Flash

It's alive! (Speed density, stock ECU)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo Rising
Newb question...lol. I don't even know what I'm looking at in that picture!
lol. me neither. i'll figure it out sooner or later. thanks. time consuming, but the port was fairly straight forward. only 2 issues which i have to think.....the one up top and one more address. everything else is almost plug and play and change locs and alignment.

Originally Posted by burgers22
I run the 9055001 ROM so would be very interested in trying the DMA logging and live tuning my ECU, is the modded ROM available from either yourself Bez, or John Banks? Thanks.

MB
MB, sorry i don't have the DMA logging stuff nor do i know these original ECU gurus personally. good luck. i am working with what is available posted on Aktivematrix.

if its ok with tephra ( i used his 94170015 v5.8 as the base) and bez, i can post what is complete so far for another skilled person to look at and compare with the original 96530006 MAP limiting parched rom's.

Last edited by evoredy; Oct 10, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burgers22
I run the 9055001 ROM so would be very interested in trying the DMA logging and live tuning my ECU, is the modded ROM available from either yourself Bez, or John Banks? Thanks.

MB
+1
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
hello all,

i'm currently porting bez's AUDM(96530006) MAP limiting code (uses MAP/MDP sensor to clamp AFR's on lift off/idle) to the 94170015 rom and have a question about some of his custom code:

do those other subs under it affect 0x000035b2 or can i relocate it for the 94170015 code and realign the cross-refs?

pretty newb of a question, so hopefully someone has the answer! thanks.

Omg thanks for this!!!! I would ask Tephra or Mrfred as they are the gurus who are on the most and actually understand this stuff.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Omg thanks for this!!!! I would ask Tephra or Mrfred as they are the gurus who are on the most and actually understand this stuff.
np dude. i e-mailed tephra, but i'll just hack and tweak on my own. i've already compiled some stuff and have meticulously re-verified code with stock 9653006 and tephra's 94170015 roms. i don't have a test bench, but i'm sure i wont 'kill' or 'brick' my ecu lol.

once i have something tested/working, i'll post it on my site and maybe patch an OE 94150015 in case tephra doesnt want his roms hacked up. because it will be basically cut and past and verify.

i don't have 100% time on this project, but i'm basically done. just have to decode bez's mods in the beginning of his rom (should be simple with a few beers lol).

chime in if you got questions/answers.

EDIT: to add, moving code over to different ROMS is a lot of hard work by hand. i had one line of code out of the crapload that wouldn't assemble in sh2e mode and worked in sh4 mode (damn ida i believe lol) i feel the pain for the ROM guys now lol.
Also, I have a feeling there will be cold start issues too with this mod as it is similar in principle to bez's FULL MAP patch for the 9's.

Last edited by evoredy; Oct 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

evoredy.... thanks, I don't have a clue except to see that there is a headache within those lines of code, and hours of mental labor.

got to also thanks to Bez and John, thank god these guys have this sort of thing as hobby in their mind.

all of you are the lights that keep the rest of us from banging around in the dark.

btw, got any fixes for the stock market?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates on this? I don't wanna spend 200$ on a maf trans and another couple of $$ on a 3" GM maf. then end up going AEM in a couple of months.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, any updates. I am really really looking forward to being able to run this set up. It is the only think keeping me from buying the MAFT
Old Dec 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458
Yeah, any updates. I am really really looking forward to being able to run this set up. It is the only think keeping me from buying the MAFT
this thread has moved over to the other speed density concept discussion. i didn't see any updates, and the code locations I had asked help on earlier in this thread are irrelevant anyways lol.

there seems to be a lot involved in totally switching over (duh), and i think some of the more experienced coders are working on it behind the curtains. it may be a little while, maybe even a year away, but right now, people are making very good power with the stock MAF and are happy i suppose.

i'm sure we will be notified when progress happens. just sit tight and post current drivabiliy issues if you have them in the mean time. if i somehow i do something, i will always post it up. i have taken a break for a while right now (but i'm not tuned out completely).