Notices
ECU Flash

Evoscan help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got an email from openecu saying that the new Tractrix 2.0 does NOT work with Evoscan!!! Is this true????
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Evoscan will need to be updated to work with OpenPort 2.0
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have a screen shot, I'll try to describe what I'm doing. I have Evoscan and Ecuflash on my labtop, when I hook up the tractrix cable it will work to down load my stock ECU rom but I can't get a connection on Evoscan. I just get the dialog box saying "USB device not responding". I've tried to open up the logging tab and click on "Select USB" but there is nothing to select, I've also tried unclicking the autoconnect to wideband and still nothing. I asked a friend that uses EVoscan and he said I probably wasn't hooked up to the correct COM port, I can't change the COM port on "seclect Com device on EVoscan either. Any idea's??

You shouldn't have to press 'Select USB' - for now, just keep the default data log items checked off.

Make sure you have the correct ECU selected - 'EFI'

Here's a screenshot of Evoscan before I connect:

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2030751dp0.jpg

When you connect the laptop - it doesn't matter if the car is on or off yet. If you connect your laptop and press connect then start the car, Evoscan should just connect up and the familiar 'link engaged' sound should play.

If it doesn't - and it says - 'USB Cable Device Not Responding' - there is a problem with your drivers. Evoscan puts this error out when it doesn't detect a cable. This error can be seen when you try to connect even when there is no cable connected to your laptop.

I would reinstall your cables drivers and/or Evoscan. Makes sure you have the latest version of both.

Keep us posted.

-Bink
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Evoscan will need to be updated to work with OpenPort 2.0
Ahh- you bought a 2.0 cable- yup, razorlab is right, you have to wait until Evoscan is updated to support it.

You can buy a 1.3U cable in the meantime and use it with evoscan - its 100$ though. http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/

-Bink

Last edited by binky; Sep 29, 2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
Ahh- you bought a 2.0 cable- yup, razorlab is right, you have to wait until Evoscan is updated to support it.

You can buy a 1.3U cable in the meantime and use it with evoscan - its 100$ though. http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/

-Bink
Thanks for the screen shot, mine looks exactly the same, yeah, I have the 2.0. Is there any info on when the 2.0 will be able to run on evoscan?? Or how to make it work? I don't really want to have to spend more money after I already spent 190 on the openport 2.0. I guess I'll just have to use mitsulogger until evoscan gets updated, right?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the screen shot, mine looks exactly the same, yeah, I have the 2.0. Is there any info on when the 2.0 will be able to run on evoscan?? Or how to make it work? I don't really want to have to spend more money after I already spent 190 on the openport 2.0. I guess I'll just have to use mitsulogger until evoscan gets updated, right?
Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to spend more $$ on something you already bought. Here's a couple forum posts with the creator of Evoscan - Hamish:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=365399

I don't know when Evoscan will support openport 2.0. I don't believe mitsulogger at the moment does either, I think malibujack is waiting to include 2.0 support in his new program, unilogger (pretty sure that's the name of it) and not include it in mitsulogger.

-Bink
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

A couple guys said mitsulogger would work with the 2.0... downloaded last night and no workie. Damnit, I can't win!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

A couple guys said mitsulogger would work with the 2.0... downloaded last night and no workie. Damnit, I can't win!

I am pretty confident that the latest version of Mitsulogger (1.6 Beta 3) does not support openport 2.0.

Here are some posts on malibujacks aktivematrix:

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=444

In those posts he talks about openport 2.0.

-Bink
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having a problem connecting too. I have the openport 1.3 cable and I'm using the latest version of evoscan v2.5. I can connect to ecuflash and d/ my rom but can't connect to evoscan... any ideas?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, a little more info on my problem.

I don't have any wideband checked off on the parameter screen at the bottom of EVOScan, but under the WB tab at the top of EVOScan it shows the LM1 as being tagged and I can't get rid of it no matter what. The dot will not go away. Its also saying I'm using COM3 to log the WB and that can't be changed either.

Over on the logging tab at the top on the left it shows me as using COM1 with my openport 1.3 cable and I can't change that either, no matter what I click on it stays COM1... any help would be appreicated.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Luckily I have a friend that tunes WRX's and he is going to buy the 2.0 cable from me and I'm going to get the right ones. Just so I'm sure, which cable's do I need to flash with ECUflash and datalog with Evoscan? The 1.3 cable right?
This one at the top right?
http://www.limitless.co.nz/cables/default.asp
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Got the 1.3 today, works like a champ.