Notices
ECU Flash

HELP!! Can't connect to EVOScan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nope, I bought the car brand new and have been flashing it since 06 when ECUFlash first came available for EVO's. I was also able to use previous versions of EVOScan up until this one came out...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I wouldn't be posting this except for the fact that I've tried for the past two days to connect to EVOScan, any version, and its not working at all. I have an HPDE coming up this weekend that I really want to log and Im at the point where I'm about to throw my new computer out the damn window!!!

ECUFLash is working fine, I can connect and D/L my roms with a probelm. Its only EVOScan thats giving me trouble. Currently I have the latest EVOScan v2.5 with my tactrix 1.3 cable.

I've tried using the newest drivers with v2.5 and it won't connect
I've tried using older drivers with the v2.5 and it won't connect.
I've tried uninstalling V2.5 and installing v.99 and it won't connect.
I've tried using the newer drivers with v.99 and it won't connect.
I've tried using the older drivers with v.99 and it won't connect.
I've tried checking and unchecking the wideband boxes in EVOScan and it still won't connect.

The ONLY way I can get EVOScan to connect to anything is when there are NO parameters checked off. THen and only then will the screen go green and it says its logging but there is nothing to log. If I try and check any normal ECU parameters like TPS or RPM it doens't connect.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure its something really stupid that I'm overlooking, it usually is.
Dumb question, but have you tried editing the parameters you want logged in the always datalog checkbox in the edit table?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

yes. Tired logging just RPM, then just TPS... the only way that little box at the bottom right hand corner of EVOScan goes GREEN is when nothing is checked.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:54 AM

I'm having these same exact problems. I can check my DTCs but won't log a single thing. It trys to connect and then reconnect constantly. If I hear "link engaged" one more time I'm going to freak out.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

yes. Tired logging just RPM, then just TPS... the only way that little box at the bottom right hand corner of EVOScan goes GREEN is when nothing is checked.
Just to clarify, I'm talking about double clicking on a row and getting the edit data box popping up. I wasn't positive that's what you meant.

Anyways, it sounds like a driver/xml issue. I'm assuming you cleaned house on all the old remenants of every duplicate driver install and every old EvoScan install. With 1.3 cable, I can't get it to work with anything but the 2 standard drivers for 1.3. Anytime I mix in the 2.0 drivers with any other install, the cable won't function properly, no matter what I do. And if there's any leftover remenants of drivers or installer or reference files for EvoScan, it comlplicates it, because reinstalling those files uses the same exact location. So - make sure it's clean. If that don't work, create a new install folder next time you uninstall/clean/reinstall.

I use EvoScan 2.3.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

appreicate the info. I didn't drill down as far as you did with double clicking on each field but I did uncheck all the boxes manually and try to log just one field at a time.

I installed EVOScan and the open port cable on a brand new machine, so there shouldn't have been any remenants of past installs floating around anywhere.

As far as different drivers go, I think I've tried every combination there is (see first post) and nothing seems to work... VERY FRUSTRATING!!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

appreicate the info. I didn't drill down as far as you did with double clicking on each field but I did uncheck all the boxes manually and try to log just one field at a time.

I installed EVOScan and the open port cable on a brand new machine, so there shouldn't have been any remenants of past installs floating around anywhere.

As far as different drivers go, I think I've tried every combination there is (see first post) and nothing seems to work... VERY FRUSTRATING!!
Do you you have a print screen available of the error somewhere? Not just the error typed out, an actual print screen of it. I wish I could put my hands on it. It's always a pain to diagnose something without having it in front of me.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'll get a snap shot and post it.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I use evoscan 2.5 to download and clear the weekly PO:0506 that I get (thanks Hamish) since my idle control is removed from car and it takes awhile to warm up these cold evenings. I think I connected to log once or twice and it worked.

But one thing very strange was my most recent SES download - "ROM ID: E4BF" what fault is that? Whatever it is I cleared it. I think racer123 had the same E4BF issue but for another reason, BTW his ROM ID is 04 0008 which is same as my 0007, must be related to that.

Alwaysinboost, since your ID is 96420008 double check to see if you get any E4BF

Anyone know if I need to change any of my patch data with ECUFLASH 1.40 which has big endian marked for my former patched little endian's?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As some of you may know my laptop hard drive crashed. I was given a completely new laptop (hp 6930p) and have not been able to get EvoScan to work with it.

I feel like I've tried everything:
Using drivers from evoscan versions 2.1-2.6, ecuflash 1.35-1.42 - and any combination of those drivers and programs... always with a restart.
Runnng plugged in
Checked for performance settings for the laptop and couldn't find any
Windows firewall on and off
Reassigning comports and retrying all of the above (OP on COM1)

As always, ECUFlash, mitsulogger, and Clanzer's Monitor all work with these modes. With EvoScan versions > v2.3 I get the "Error: No Response from Vehicle ECU", lower versions report "FTDI Read timeout". My ACD lights will flash all 3 when I plug in the cable, at "info: initializing at 5 baud" I get a flash to the selected mode, and then all of the lights start to flash again after a couple of seconds and the connection fails. I then usually see ABS light and all 3 flashing ACD lights until I remove the cable from the computer.

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to re-load an OS on this machine as it is a work laptop. Any help in fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything else to try that I have missed?

Here are some possibly helpful links for others:
showing hidden/not connected devices in windows: helpful in removing drivers and reassigning COM ports
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315539

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Driver_Tips
http://www.romraider.com/Documentati...aiderFAQ#toc16
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
But one thing very strange was my most recent SES download - "ROM ID: E4BF" what fault is that? Whatever it is I cleared it. I think racer123 had the same E4BF issue but for another reason, BTW his ROM ID is 04 0008 which is same as my 0007, must be related to that.
E4BF sounds like its just your "Ecu ID: E4BF"
Isn't that just an info text so you know what ecu you have, not an actual fault code.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Give me a message on msn messenger hamish_ahern@hotmail.com, i can provide realtime support, and fix it up for you.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4mad
Give me a message on msn messenger hamish_ahern@hotmail.com, i can provide realtime support, and fix it up for you.
He the man ^
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I made another post with this exact problem. I too have an ASUS Eee but its a 1005. Any updates would be awesome.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

I just changed the hybrid control crap to highest setting and it connected. Once I get the oil changed and get some errands done Ill try and connect it again to see if it stays consistant in its connections. I dont feel this is an evoscan problem only an issue in the way the computer is controlling its usb ports.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Can't connect to EVOScan