Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008 | 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dimensions of the display unit is 13cm by 9cm
Bluetooth is too slow and disconnects all the time, you really don't want that as an option, the USB cable is the best option. And retrieving the logs via the sdcard is the best option.
Old Dec 10, 2008 | 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is awesome i love the idea!
Old Dec 10, 2008 | 02:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
I am still getting some weird crashes+exceptions being throw.

I think it happens when you start EvoScan then change some things being logged then start logging then try to quit.
Old Dec 10, 2008 | 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I'm getting this message when I try to pull up a log to graph it.

"Could not load file or assembly 'Trackbar, Version=1.0.3239.2426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Anyone else have this?
Old Dec 10, 2008 | 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
From: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Originally Posted by evo4mad
Bluetooth is too slow and disconnects all the time, you really don't want that as an option, the USB cable is the best option. And retrieving the logs via the sdcard is the best option.
BT:
Implementations with versions 1.1 and 1.2 reach speeds of 723.1 kbit/s. Version 2.0 implementations feature Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) and reach 2.1 Mbit/s.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetoo...h_1.0_and_1.0B)

Maximum baudrate is 62.5k that is in bitrate even less due to stopbits/paritybits etc.
But I guess the connection is made on 15.625k so BT is more than sufficient.
Old Dec 11, 2008 | 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

I too am having the slow speed issues with superspeed and multithreading on or off I still get only 29-34 logged items per second compared to 100plus on good ole .99 any ideas?

thanks
Old Dec 11, 2008 | 05:46 PM

Hamish -

Any updates on the release date? Is the 20th looking solid? If so, I may be ordering one monday!
Old Dec 11, 2008 | 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does this unit support map editing? The ability to log and reflash are very nice, but without being able to edit maps you'll still need a PC to change any map data. I'm still interested as I'm getting the hump with my Beker GPS and want a new unit.

MB
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by adamweldonjohns
Hamish -

Any updates on the release date? Is the 20th looking solid? If so, I may be ordering one monday!
The manufacturing plant is pushing the release date to the limit, after making a few shipping errors. But it still looks ok at this stage. If anything it would only be a few days out. All is working sweet on my development devices, I will be fully testing the units fully before sending, I have reflashing working perfectly on Evo7/8. Evo9/10 reflashing will be a software update shortly after release. The full EvoScan datalogging etc is all go on them. I am optimising the gauges drawing speed at the moment.
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 12:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rr06rs
"Could not load file or assembly 'Trackbar, Version=1.0.3239.2426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
old version? try evoscan v2.6 beta6?
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 12:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by burgers22
Does this unit support map editing? The ability to log and reflash are very nice, but without being able to edit maps you'll still need a PC to change any map data. I'm still interested as I'm getting the hump with my Beker GPS and want a new unit.MB
do you know how crazy it would be to try and edit a 26x15 grid of values on the touchscreen!!! But I'm up for the challenge I'm pretty good with UI designs. Map Editor won't be for the first release, but since all my interest on the weekends is now going into enhancing the software for these touchscreens, mostly because I was tired of dragging my laptop around in the car with me and my laptop was getting thrashed with people kicking it around under the seats.

Last edited by evo4mad; Dec 12, 2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 01:03 AM
Former Sponsor

maybe the map editor could use things like the iPhone, with the spinning wheel, to select a new value like playing russian roulette with your evo lol, what timing am I going set today, lol.
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 01:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by oldevodude
I too am having the slow speed issues with superspeed and multithreading on or off I still get only 29-34 logged items per second compared to 100plus on good ole .99 any ideas?
thanks
That sucks, I am building a new website, I'll benchmark all the versions, and make them all available to download (a new registered users section) If you are really concerned about speed of logging you can revert back to a faster version. but to be honest the core logging system should still be running very fast as the architecture is still the same. I'll look into it.
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 01:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tephra
I am still getting some weird crashes+exceptions being throw.I think it happens when you start EvoScan then change some things being logged then start logging then try to quit.
Yeah I haven't tested that side of things for a while, it will be something simple, thanks Tephra. I've got 4 weeks holiday off work, so I'll be bored, I'll be doing some evoscan programming.
Old Dec 12, 2008 | 01:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Possibility of utilising Bluetooth technology?

Originally Posted by acamus
Maximum baudrate is 62.5k that is in bitrate even less due to stopbits/paritybits etc. But I guess the connection is made on 15.625k so BT is more than sufficient.
1) in reality it has interference and connectivity issues
2) the log timing would have to be sent from the vehicle side of the bluetooth, because timing is not guaranteed across the air, it is sent in large parkets of data.
3) you would need a microcontroller on the vehicle side, this would increase the cost of the cable. Otherwise you would be stuck with a large dump of data that is patchy at the best of times.
4) the ms latency is in the order of magnitude of 10s or 100s compared to the USB cable.
5) I have 50 bluetooth logging devices on my shelve, I was going to sell them 2 years ago. but I dont sell junk

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review