Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011 | 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kmart888
Thankyou" It is all as clear as MUD! Just joking, very good explaination and I actually understood 98.4% of it! I guess the AP did all that stuff in background and presets, which is why EvoScan is so much more flexable; one of the reasons I changed but mostly to use the EvoScan PPC sw.

Anyone: I just opened up my "Data.xml" file in the "DataSetting" folder of the "EvoScanPPC" folder using notepad and the first line is "...1994+Mitsu..." which is probably why my data is gobledigook; like over 200 knock counts and 300rpm idle speed when I plug it into my 2010 MR! how do I find the correct data addresses and plug them into "Data.xml"? Fyi I am usig "5558005.xml" in the windows version of EvoScan but it looks to be somthing diferent.
Actually that is just one of the ROMs the xml has definitions for. Open up the file, scroll down, and you'll start to see other cars listed each one preceded by - <ecu name=" . One of them is - <ecu name="Mode23 USA EVOX">. However that isn't the correct set of definitions for a 2010 MR. I attached my data.xml file which has the definitions for a 2010 MR. It is labelled - <ecu name="Mode23 USA RA EVOX"> When you are in evoscan-gps it will show up as "EVOX Mode23 USA RA" in the Vehicle ECU Type section. Not sure why it shows up that way, I've been meaning to bug Hammish about it as well as why I can't seem to just delete all the ecu types I don't care about.

In case it ends up mattering later on to you, you should know that I changed "2-byte RPM" to just "RPM". I can't remember all the reasons why but at least one was that evoscan-pc power and torque calculations looks for "RPM" in the data headers. I think the gauges want to see RPM as well. But all that matters is that whatever label the gauges want is also what is in the data.xml file. They are just data labels and they have to match.

EDIT: Attachment fixed
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Data.zip (23.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Jumperalex; Jan 25, 2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
Can someone get me the GTR style gauge setup?

When I ordered the gps unit I thought it came with it.
Am I wrong?
I'm guessing the unit came with 2.1? The GTR gauges are in 2.2 beta. If you want it you can get it at http://www.evoscan.com/gpsnav but you will have to be logged in to download the software. If you don't have a login you'll have to email Hammish.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, kmart888, Hamish.

kmart888, thanks for deep detail of you. I have tried change good usb-mini usb after reading yours, but my problem still exit. I am sure that cable cause I use it for evoscan window version.

Hamish, Pls contact me.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toeng
Hi, kmart888, Hamish.

kmart888, thanks for deep detail of you. I have tried change good usb-mini usb after reading yours, but my problem still exit. I am sure that cable cause I use it for evoscan window version.

Hamish, Pls contact me.
Sorry, I was hopeing for your sake that the our problem was the same. I am a total novice so no suggestion for you, if I think of anything I'll let you know! Anyone help toeng?

Last edited by kmart888; Jan 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 06:45 PM

Thanks, kmart888.

So, I am alone now with this problem, ha ha ha, just joke.

Early I thought yr problem solve by evoscan support. Really, you have to solve yrself.

Not good for you and me too.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 11:48 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
toeng, pm sent.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 01:29 AM
Silver Sponsor

toeng, your problem is that you have "EvoX CAN" selected, you should only use EvoX Mode23 JDM. Did you set up mode23 on your EvoX rom and flash it using ecuflash?
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 02:04 AM
Silver Sponsor

here is a copy from a conversation I had on skype about v2.2 beta, that some people might not have realized:

Evokuutio: did you notice that v2.2beta there are some faults in the gauge templates.. for example in carbon2 there is overlapping numbers
Evokuutio: fueltrims
Hamish: yep
Hamish: thats why its beta
Hamish: still building the gauge templates
Evokuutio: and gauge #7 evoscan1 there is a gauge pointer center image there where it doesnt belong
Hamish: that is my exit button
Hamish: lol
Hamish: i put it there
Evokuutio: ok
Hamish: haha
Hamish: press it
Hamish: it takes you back to gauge#1
Evokuutio: thats why i cant get it out..i was try tapping just about any spot in screen..
Evokuutio: now i get it
Evokuutio: you are genious
Hamish: oh, and click the evoscan logo on front page
Hamish: takes you to gauge display
Evokuutio: why the initial screen does not display the readings like version 1.9
Hamish: because it was 50% slower at
Hamish: it is now a setting
Hamish: "Show readings" in the main settings
Hamish: most people run in gauge display all the time
Hamish: so it slowed that down for no reason

Last edited by evoscan; Jan 25, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 03:33 AM

Hi, Hamish

My car is not evoX. It is like Lancer DS/GTS in US. called Lancer EX CT in Thailand. So, I can not set up to Mode 23. However I hope evoscan gps can work with OP2 in all mode for EvoX as window version can do.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone have any gauge templates they would be willing to share?

I've been using the carbon skin, which I like, but I haven't figured out how to manipulate any of the settings or values I'm seeing.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

I have a very simple boost dial gauge + knock count template I designed using a picture of a pro-comp gauge I snagged from the intertubes if you want it. I made it with as few items as possible for fast response on the boost gauge.

I have another, based of the same picture, that adds a bunch of other digital gauges (NB02, Timing, WGDC, AFR, and a few others I can't remember). But it can be a bit busy with all the digits. I've debated turning a few of them into some form of bar gauge or swiping a few more dial gauge pictures but just haven't determined what I care enough about since right now I'm mostly tweaking boost in my ECU.

Let me know if you want them and I'll post them when I get home. They are really nothing fancy (though I am proud of the boost gauge, it looks quite nice in my estimation) just meant to get the info across in a clean and fast manner.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

PS if you have a mod request to that carbon template you're using let me know and maybe I can do something for ya.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
Actually that is just one of the ROMs the xml has definitions for. Open up the file, scroll down, and you'll start to see other cars listed each one preceded by - <ecu name=" . *One of them is - <ecu name="Mode23 USA *EVOX">. *However that isn't the correct set of definitions for a 2010 MR. *I attached my data.xml file which has the definitions for a 2010 MR. *It is labelled - <ecu name="Mode23 USA *RA EVOX"> *When you are in evoscan-gps it will show up as "EVOX Mode23 USA RA" in the Vehicle ECU Type section. *Not sure why it shows up that way, I've been meaning to bug Hammish about it as well as why I can't seem to just delete all the ecu types I don't care about.

In case it ends up mattering later on to you, you should know that I changed "2-byte RPM" to just "RPM". *I can't remember all the reasons why but at least one was that evoscan-pc power and torque calculations looks for "RPM" in the data headers. *I think the gauges want to see RPM as well. *But all that matters is that whatever label the gauges want is also what is in the data.xml file. *They are just data labels and they have to match.

Ok, I see the data.XML file has all the definitions for the evox but I still get gobeldigook for data; under "options" I have checked op2.0 and selected "EvoX Mode 23 USA RA", this is the data I Get at Idle:

ACP -6.0
TP. 4.5
2byte rpm 285
Load fuel 220
Load mivec. * 17.6
Load timing 100
Timing adv 108
Knock sum 225 (alarm works!)
Octane. 36.5 (ditto)
Afr map. 14.7
Psi. -14.5
Active wgdc *0
Passive wgdc. *65
Active wgdc correct... *-64
Stft. *-25
Ltft idle. 5.27
Ltft cruise. -21.7
Intake air *203 f
Manifold air. *183. F
Coolant. *-40 f
speed 0
Boost error correct.. *-64
ipw. *0
Mag v. *240v
Int vvt. *-63
Ex vvt. *80
Odc. *0
Baro. *4.5 bar
Bat. *14.7v
Lci far. *10.7

I can provide the log while cruising if ant one wants.

How do I get the correct definitions to display usable data?

The Data.zip you attached was apparently corrupt, could not read it in notepad.

Thanx,*

Paul
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmm you are right my attachement does seem corrupt. I will repost and validate it tonight when I get home.

And yes, EvoX Mode 23 USA RA will NOT work for your car. I found an easy way to eliminate any definition is to look at the address used for RPM. If it does not end in a "c" then you KNOW it is NOT correct. If it does end with a "c" then you might have a definition file that is correct but you can't be sure until you validate the other reasons.

If you are antsy and want to learn a little, you can dig into the definition file used in EVOScan-PC. All the correct definitions are there iirc. You could use that to update your data.xml. Otherwise I'll have something for you tonight.

Last edited by Jumperalex; Jan 25, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 11:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Paul what happened to the 2010 evoscan defs I gave you that you have been logging fine with before?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review