Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011 | 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Selling my GPSNAV. pm for fast easy and cheap sale.
peace
Old May 24, 2011 | 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do we adjust injector scaling on the gps logger and will rescaling injectors require a differant 2byte load eval?
Old May 26, 2011 | 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What is the ActionName Property to place a "Mark Log" button on the Gauge layout?

Better yet, what is the complete list of ActionNames we can use?

John-
Old May 27, 2011 | 02:39 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
there is a dropdown that shows the list of actionnames.. are you using the latest gauge designer v1.7 from the gps nav updates website...

http://www.evoscan.com/gpsnav

never thought about putting a Mark Log button on an action button.. great idea though, I'll implement it for you.. what do you personally use the mark log for?
Old May 27, 2011 | 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
there is a dropdown that shows the list of actionnames.. are you using the latest gauge designer v1.7 from the gps nav updates website...

http://www.evoscan.com/gpsnav

never thought about putting a Mark Log button on an action button.. great idea though, I'll implement it for you.. what do you personally use the mark log for?
hmmm, seems I'm using v1.2, I'll update to 1.7 asap

I always drive with the gauges up and the unit logging, it is very usefull to 'mark' the log when any kind of weird behavior happens in the tune.

Thanks,
John-
Old Jun 28, 2011 | 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any update on Android app?
Old Jun 30, 2011 | 04:11 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Hey, since you failed to ever get my Evoscan GPS nav to work here after countless PMs (most ignored) and me having to wait for OVER A YEAR for nothing can I just get a refund for this paperweight that's been collecting dust in it's box?

Don't even bother getting it to work now... it'll be useless to me in exactly 101 days.
Old Jul 9, 2011 | 10:08 AM

My brand new gps nav works, but the evo scan on it worked for one day and quit working. Does anyone have any ideas why the EvoScan app on the GPS screen would quit working. I have put in trouble tickets w/ Evo Scan, a week ago, and I have received nothing back from them.
Old Jul 10, 2011 | 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Hey, since you failed to ever get my Evoscan GPS nav to work here after countless PMs (most ignored) and me having to wait for OVER A YEAR for nothing can I just get a refund for this paperweight that's been collecting dust in it's box?

Don't even bother getting it to work now... it'll be useless to me in exactly 101 days.
Old Jul 11, 2011 | 02:27 AM
Silver Sponsor

Define doesn't work. if you mean there is no Korea maps for iGo that is correct, I asked around all my suppliers, and there was never a GPS map released for Korea yet. There is maps for every country in the world. I don't know what is wrong with Korea, but there is no maps for it.

If you have an Evo9, why don't you use the EvoScan GPS Nav to display Evo9 Gauges like knocksum and wideband etc, and use your new special Korean langauge gps you bought just for maps. thats what I do in my car, i have EvoScan running on one EvoScan GPS Navigator for EvoScan and the 7inch gps just for iGo Maps.
Old Jul 11, 2011 | 02:28 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by edstone83
My brand new gps nav works, but the evo scan on it worked for one day and quit working. Does anyone have any ideas why the EvoScan app on the GPS screen would quit working. I have put in trouble tickets w/ Evo Scan, a week ago, and I have received nothing back from them.
Hi edstone83, you have PM, you probably just deleted the files off the sdcard by accident, its easy to load them back on using your PC. or you can try another sdcard if you have a spare one.
Old Jul 11, 2011 | 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Define doesn't work. if you mean there is no Korea maps for iGo that is correct, I asked around all my suppliers, and there was never a GPS map released for Korea yet. There is maps for every country in the world. I don't know what is wrong with Korea, but there is no maps for it.

If you have an Evo9, why don't you use the EvoScan GPS Nav to display Evo9 Gauges like knocksum and wideband etc, and use your new special Korean langauge gps you bought just for maps. thats what I do in my car, i have EvoScan running on one EvoScan GPS Navigator for EvoScan and the 7inch gps just for iGo Maps.
Doesn't work as in when I sent you PMs way back when I first bought it asking if it would work in Korea and you said "yes" and then I received it and it didn't work in Korea.

Like I said before, the main reason I bought it was because I needed a GPS to survive out here... the EvoScan part was just a bonus. I told you this, and you assured me it would work. Why would I want something that only halfway works? It's like buying a TV that plays sound but doesn't display a picture.
Old Jul 11, 2011 | 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Hey hamish I sent u a ticket a while back about trying to get the ppc software to work on my 7inch GPS. I have the program able to run but for some reason it won't see the 1.3u cable even after it tries to dl the drivers, but it never actually downloads them.
Old Jul 12, 2011 | 05:25 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by evoRS06
Hey hamish I sent u a ticket a while back about trying to get the ppc software to work on my 7inch GPS. I have the program able to run but for some reason it won't see the 1.3u cable even after it tries to dl the drivers, but it never actually downloads them.
Since you don't have an original EvoScan GPS Navigator, you just have a random chinese 7inch gps with windows CE, some chinese companies don't install USB on their devices.. but if you use an expensive HTC device like Jon @ HBSpeed has, then it will work just fine.
You will have to go back to your GPS manufacturer for USB system. Only the factory can install it into the WindowsCE ROM firmware. Microsoft gives it for free, the factory just has to install it.

The original EvoScanGPS and High End HTC PDA smartphone both have USB peripheral support. That is the only requirement needed to make EvoScan work. Thats why I manufacturer and sell the special EvoScan GPS navigator, because not all GPS have usb.

Yes its true HTC doesn't have OpenPort 1,3U and Openport 2.0, but can copy on and it works. but if the underlying operating system has no usb support you need to get a more up-market GPS device.

If your 7inch device is a cheap one, you can sell it, and I can give you a discount on a real EvoScan GPS Navigator device.

I tell all my customers to test this by plugging in a self powered mouse to your GPS, and if it doesn't work, then your GPS is a cheap one without microsoft usb support installed.

Last edited by evoscan; Jul 12, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011 | 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

well i appreciate it. i had bought an original already. yes the 7inch is a "chinese made" gps, like almost all electronics these days. The device in question has usb, verified with using a mouse and keyboard. Any other thoughts? it does have mass storage and sync capabilities as well. One thing to note is that when i run the program it installs the drivers and then asks for a soft restart and im starting to think there isnt a soft restart b/c it just powers off the unit. So is there a way i can make it soft restart, like within wince?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review