Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009 | 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey evo4mad i need to get the united states maps loaded also but i can not create a support ticket so you can email me the link. Your site says error on it when you try other than that boss everything is working well i tried it on my friends 8 and its perfect better than i thought

Last edited by 1badmr; Feb 13, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2009 | 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

not sure if I need to create a support log for this... tried using GPS today but i can't seem to get any GPS signal within the car... whilst my Garmin 200W can connect through without any issues (i had it side by side).... I had to be out of the car and waited a long long time for it to barely connect with 'low' gps signal..... it is very strange.

checked the settings on iGo and it is set to Port 2 with baud = 4800... anything I can do to improve this??? I tried manual overide to increase baud rate and the device won't be able to find GPS driver.
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 08:16 AM

Got my cable 2 days ago. 10 days shipping on the dot. Was able to read my stock rom and log on the first try. Evoscan cable works flawlessly. Im using evoscan 2.5 and ecuflash 1.41
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
I now have an EvoX ecu to use (thanks to Bushur Racing), so expect EvoX support soon.
Oh man X support. Woohoo!!! How is it going with the X ECU Hamish?
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Hamish

I got my unit today. Works great! Thanks for the speedy delivery

Are there already other gauge-sets available?

The possibility to choose between them would be appreciated in the settings menu.

The best selection possibilities of gauge screen is obviously the one used in the Nissan GT-R. Do you think you can implement that?

Regards

mlocatel
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by desmonddonte
Got my cable 2 days ago. 10 days shipping on the dot. Was able to read my stock rom and log on the first try. Evoscan cable works flawlessly. Im using evoscan 2.5 and ecuflash 1.41
lol, why is it even a question a few people have problems of their own accord, and make a comment, out of 1,000s of people, and they assume it doesn't work, lol. Goes to show you are only as good as your last cable lol
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

just dont watch it while driving i cant help it, i almost crashed twice lol great product bro
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mlocatel
The best selection possibilities of gauge screen is obviously the one used in the Nissan GT-R. Do you think you can implement that?
mlocatel
yes I have alread done a settings menu, I am building a private website for you to get the latest EvoScanPPC.exe version for it, as I design and develop more screens for it this year.
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1badmr
Your site says error on it when you try
Yeah my isp's mysql5 server went down for 12 hours, useless buggers. Its all sweet now.
Old Feb 14, 2009 | 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Question

Originally Posted by erggy
not sure if I need to create a support log for this... tried using GPS today but i can't seem to get any GPS signal within the car... whilst my Garmin 200W can connect through without any issues (i had it side by side).... I had to be out of the car and waited a long long time for it to barely connect with 'low' gps signal..... it is very strange.

checked the settings on iGo and it is set to Port 2 with baud = 4800... anything I can do to improve this??? I tried manual overide to increase baud rate and the device won't be able to find GPS driver.
does it have a connection for an external gps-antenna?
Old Feb 15, 2009 | 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by germanracing
does it have a connection for an external gps-antenna?
I believe it does... but should'nt it work even w/o it? I just tried it again today together with my garmin200w and still getting same results (garmin connects w/o any issues within 2-3 mins)......but the evoScan GPS takes 1-2hrs on the road and still can fix gps location... tried rebooting couple times already..... is there something wrong?... the only way I can a fix is when I'm outside the car in an open area but still iGo is showing the signal as "poor".

Last edited by erggy; Feb 15, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2009 | 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by erggy
I believe it does... but should'nt it work even w/o it? I just tried it again today together with my garmin200w and still getting same results (garmin connects w/o any issues within 2-3 mins)......but the evoScan GPS takes 1-2hrs on the road and still can fix gps location... tried rebooting couple times already..... is there something wrong?... the only way I can a fix is when I'm outside the car in an open area but still iGo is showing the signal as "poor".
sure it should... I'm just saying... My old Pioneer AVIC navi had an external antenna and perfect reception...
I got my Performance Box like a week ago and in the position I put it (kinda behind the rear-view mirror, so not optimal), the reception isn't exactly stellar, so I'll definately get an antenna for it in the longterm... They are like 10-15 bucks, so pretty much worth it since you can place it EXACTLY where the best reception is, that opens you up to put the navi on the dashboard, for example.

I mainly asked because I ordered the unit a few days ago and was curious. So could you please have a look if it really does? That way I can order 2 gps-antennas and save on postage when I buy the one for my performancebox...

PS: Performance Box says 330WHP/400HP
Old Feb 15, 2009 | 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

yes it has an externel GPS aerial plug available, its behind a little plastic cover on the top back of it.
Old Feb 15, 2009 | 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, having the GT-R Multi Function Display interface (like one of your photo on your website) will be fantastic !

BTW, found this manual ;-)

http:// nagtroc . org/files/R35_MFD_Manual.zip

** Somehow the link can't work in hyperlink mode, not sure why

Last edited by silverstream; Feb 15, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2009 | 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

May I know if the unit does multitasking ? Since it's CE based.

Specifically, I want to be able to swap between GPS and Guage display. E.g. while in Guage mode, the GPS stills give voice directions, vice versa, in GPS mode, I get alarm from evoscan.

Is this possible ?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review