Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009 | 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamish
1000 thanks - I will be back soon whit my considerations and "investegations" .

GiGas
Old Feb 19, 2009 | 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

Hi hamish,

Can I have the link for the latest GPS EvoScan program also? Thanks!!

Some feedbacks on GPS EvoScan now that I've gotten more time to play with it

1. Can I adjust the frequency (i.e. details) of the log? Now the device is logging one batch of data every second, can it be more often as I will need to see 1st-2nd gear pulls in finer details... would be good to be able to see knockcount in more details thanks
Old Feb 19, 2009 | 11:06 AM

Ok Hamish
I got a bit more in to it now.
3) After updating my EvoScanGps to vertion 1.1 the RPM Gauge is still on 8000 all the time.
4) Edit - just found a bunch of logfiles whit uniqe file names - so why am i crying ? I see a need of the possibility to record new logs when the StartNewLog is pressed, and a new file must be created having a new # fore eatch file, and I would prefere to have a uniqe numer. When Tuning this will enable me to do sevel runs when i am out on the road, If I can wiev the lognumber on the screen I will know that file to look in when I am back home on the "big screen". I will store all logs on my server in case I need to go back to a specifig log for further information.
Basical I like to open a smal log file only holding the information I need, instead of having to look throug a large log file to finde the 4 seconds that have my interess.
When using the EvoScanGps in a daily basis The Dataloger must be started to get information to the gauge screen and I think that it do not need to log any info to the SD unless I press the StartNewLog.
Mabye an option setting to choos the log numbering method is the way ?
5) On the site you PM me - The Link is missing to the windows vertion.
6) I will be back in this after I have done som reading on the TE wb device i have, I am shure that it provide me a serial output port. I have a serial to USB device here ( note that not all og this device are working well ). There are no specifik out port on my boost sensor - but as useal it is just a preshure sensor that need a power source and then it provide a 0,5 - 4,5 Volt output. I preferer to purchase an extra known sensor for this in case I cant finde a datasheed on the sensor I have now. IE a JDM preshure sensor.
7) thanks this will do it so fare.

New
8) I use the metric notation and note that the speed gauge stops in red at 120 km/h . mabye the gauge should have both miles/h and km/h ?.
9) I see indikators for 5 gear only, they do not work at my site. But if possibel it could be fun to log all 6 gear.

Info
My ECU ID is E4CD.

Hope this can help you. Bye the way the Gauge thing is not most important to me right now - I need to make logfiles for tuning.

Thanks
GiGas

Last edited by GiGas; Feb 19, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2009 | 09:15 PM

Feature request:
  1. 0-60 time
  2. 60ft time
  3. 1/4mi time
Old Feb 20, 2009 | 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

That would be awesome, riX. That combined with a lap timer would make me have to purchase this. also running gauges without logging is a huge plus for me.
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising
That would be awesome, riX. That combined with a lap timer would make me have to purchase this. also running gauges without logging is a huge plus for me.
Will a GPS signal be sufficient to that? Think that a positions have a tollerance that differs from time to time.

Ok If your race track is 34 km it will be ok but on a 3-4 km trackI think you vill need a transmitter placed on the track side to trigger the lap timer.

well some information about the tollerance in the GPS position, the track lengd, and the normal average speed will let you calculate on this.

GiGas
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by GiGas
Will a GPS signal be sufficient to that? Think that a positions have a tollerance that differs from time to time.

Ok If your race track is 34 km it will be ok but on a 3-4 km trackI think you vill need a transmitter placed on the track side to trigger the lap timer.

well some information about the tollerance in the GPS position, the track lengd, and the normal average speed will let you calculate on this.

GiGas
Jup, that's why the Driftbox/Performance-Box for example uses a 10samples/second GPS receiver rather then the 1sample/second receiver most other GPS-devices employ... That might not be Formula1 precision, but it's accurate enough for all but the most discerning Amateurs...

Also much easier since you don't need transponders and can time everywhere, nevermind if it's a racetrack or your favourite Canyon-road...
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks GiGas I'll program your requests into the software today. Yeah about the rpm thing, I hadn't uploaded my latest version, I'm just about finished everything you mention above.

Next I will look at really how accurate this GPS is, I'm pretty sure it will be plenty accurate enough for laptiming, I am looking into some 5 way AXis G-Sensors for the Display Units, so watch this space. Could turn it into one of those drift devices as well
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Thanks GiGas I'll program your requests into the software today. Yeah about the rpm thing, I hadn't uploaded my latest version, I'm just about finished everything you mention above.

Next I will look at really how accurate this GPS is, I'm pretty sure it will be plenty accurate enough for laptiming, I am looking into some 5 way AXis G-Sensors for the Display Units, so watch this space. Could turn it into one of those drift devices as well
Maybe you could interpolate to get a more accurate laptime? Like if one sample is before the start/finish line and one after, all you need is the rough speed and the knowledge where exactly the line is and you can calculate a more accurate laptime with relative ease...

Last edited by germanracing; Feb 21, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

yeah I was already thinking that, it is how all accurate laptimes are calculated, based off speed/acceleration/direction it will be easy to get a perfectly accurate laptime.
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm thinking I could even get a highly accurate 0-60 times too
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by evo4mad
I'm thinking I could even get a highly accurate 0-60 times too
Thank you. I assume accurate 1/4mi time too?
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 07:41 PM

Hamish,

I’ve just received the package last Friday. However it didn’t come the openport 1.3U which I have ordered with the EVOSCAN GPS unit.
Can you please check. My transcation # is 65Y06821T0309533C
Old Feb 21, 2009 | 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

hamish... can u pls PM or post the link to the latest EvoScan GPS pleaseeeee dying to try it out thanks!!
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 06:16 AM
Former Sponsor

First Official Update for the EvoScan Display Unit v1.2 Released

New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.2
- Added: Auto Start Feature, such as auto start logging, auto start csv logging, auto display gauges on connection.
- Added: 0% Throttle Position Sensor Fix option, this displays the TPS sensor as 0 on the gauges calculated from the minimum value received for the TPS.
- Added: You can choose from the Options->Settings which items you would like to see on the Gauges. Choose any dataitem for each of the 5 Numeric Gauges.
- Added: Alarms option, so that you can be warned via the built in speaker of high temperatures, high knock sum, or high injector duty cycle, etc. You can set up any combination of alarms.
- Added: The Actuators screen is available from the options menu, even though this is still in progess, you can see how it is going to work in the next verison.
- Added: Diagnostic Codes now has 4 options, OBDII DTC CELs, MUTII EFI, MUTII AYC, MUTII ABS ecus.
- Added: RPM gauge now calculates as it should.
- Updated: the Options-> Desktop feature now leaves EvoScan running in the background, so that you can run other apps simultaneously.

Future enhancements
- Evo9 Reflash support.
- Fuel Consumption calculations mpg and km/100L.
- EFI/AYC/ABS Actuators support.
- More Gauge screens.
- OpenPort 2.0 support.
- Multitask between Applications using the external buttons.
- 0-100, 0-60ft times.
- Lap Timer, and Sector Times.
- GPS data logging.

Last edited by evo4mad; Feb 22, 2009 at 06:19 AM.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review