Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009 | 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you guys tried these new versions under some Linux distribution and WINE? I wouldn't want to downgrade back to Vista just for one software...
Old Apr 23, 2009 | 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=Kakihara;6975833]Hi I'm really interested in the GPS touchscreen item 1) what gps software do you currently provide with the touchscreen ?
Both iGo8.0 and Garminx Mobile XT

2) how do the various maps work because I'm going to need several european countries maps : switzerland where I live but also germany,france,italia because I'm gonna use the GPS to go to various race tracks there (bresse & nurburgring nordschleife to name a few)
If you are referring to GPS Lap Timer, it is not supported yet. If you were referring to GPS navigation, you can load any countries map in it.

4) what are the limitations of that version compared to evoscan on a portable pc ? for example can I connect a wideband to it or no ?
Not supported yet, lots of limitation. Eg: No wideband for now, limited gauge display, OP2.0 not support yet.

Go with GPS, it come with evoscan for your laptop.
Old Apr 24, 2009 | 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Feature request: When you look at a graph and you hoover your mouse over a point in the graph it shows you the values at that current point. I would like to be able to do the same thing by dragging a line through the graph, or clicking on the graph and having that little box stay in place (like how logworks or AEM logger does it). It would make it much easier to analyze the data.
Old Apr 24, 2009 | 09:31 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
FYI, DTC did not work in 2.6b11 (it pulled something up but it was not anything like the DTC shown in 2.5 which was correct)
Old Apr 24, 2009 | 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fostytou
FYI, DTC did not work in 2.6b11 (it pulled something up but it was not anything like the DTC shown in 2.5 which was correct)
Yeah, i'm having the same problem. The DTC scan feature does not work in beta 11.
Old Apr 24, 2009 | 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Good day all,
I just received my Evoscan GPS today and Im still playing around with it. I skimmed through the past pages and couldnt find information about changing the gauges layout or gauge look. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2009 | 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by J Yim
Good day all,
I just received my Evoscan GPS today and Im still playing around with it. I skimmed through the past pages and couldnt find information about changing the gauges layout or gauge look. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
Only 1 gauge up to date, Hamish said more be added soon.
Old Apr 25, 2009 | 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=sub7;6979374]
Originally Posted by Kakihara
Hi I'm really interested in the GPS touchscreen item 1) what gps software do you currently provide with the touchscreen ?
Both iGo8.0 and Garminx Mobile XT

2) how do the various maps work because I'm going to need several european countries maps : switzerland where I live but also germany,france,italia because I'm gonna use the GPS to go to various race tracks there (bresse & nurburgring nordschleife to name a few)
If you are referring to GPS Lap Timer, it is not supported yet. If you were referring to GPS navigation, you can load any countries map in it.

4) what are the limitations of that version compared to evoscan on a portable pc ? for example can I connect a wideband to it or no ?
Not supported yet, lots of limitation. Eg: No wideband for now, limited gauge display, OP2.0 not support yet.

Go with GPS, it come with evoscan for your laptop.
2) I was referring to me not being lost on the road going there not the GPS lap timer heh

Thank you sub7 for your answers
Old Apr 25, 2009 | 09:43 AM

I was goofing around, just doin some test runs/logs to see how the evoscan program worked, first time using it ever and being that its not complete for the Evo X yet, had no expectations, just wanted to see the gist of it, i noticed some items weren't checked, so as the program was running, i checked all items and every started logging, my question is, are those items that were not initially checked not calibrated yet for the X/Evoscan potion of the program yet even though it logged all items setup in the program?
Old Apr 25, 2009 | 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RAbishi
Feature request: When you look at a graph and you hoover your mouse over a point in the graph it shows you the values at that current point. I would like to be able to do the same thing by dragging a line through the graph, or clicking on the graph and having that little box stay in place (like how logworks or AEM logger does it). It would make it much easier to analyze the data.
Good idea, i don't know what you mean, but it sounds cool, and I'll figure it out
Old Apr 25, 2009 | 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fostytou
which cable are you using?
Old Apr 25, 2009 | 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RREvoX08
I was goofing around, just doin some test runs/logs to see how the evoscan program worked, first time using it ever and being that its not complete for the Evo X yet, had no expectations, just wanted to see the gist of it, i noticed some items weren't checked, so as the program was running, i checked all items and every started logging, my question is, are those items that were not initially checked not calibrated yet for the X/Evoscan potion of the program yet even though it logged all items setup in the program?
Yes they are very close and will log data, smart people on here will get them working before the full release, i will be calibrating the EvoX values fort he full release.
Old Apr 26, 2009 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Good idea, i don't know what you mean, but it sounds cool, and I'll figure it out
Cool. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea.

With logworks anywhere you click it places a line and a box pops up and stays there showing you the values at that point.
Name:  logworks_graph.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  91.8 KB
With AEMlog you can drag a line through the graph and it shows you the values at that point in the box on the right.
Name:  boost4.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  63.4 KB
Old Apr 26, 2009 | 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hamish, In EvoScan there is an Injector Scaling box that says 513 for stock. If injectors are changed, does this have to be changed, as well? I have not before and I reviewed the Data.xml and do not see a reference to this. Is this a viable field?
Old Apr 29, 2009 | 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Hamish is the 2.5 download down? I can't seem to download it.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review