ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009 | 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philr8
Just tried it on an 08 STI with open port 2 and it doesnt work
I haven't had a chance to try it over here yet. I've got a US 08 WRX to test it on. You have an EDM STi over there right?
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
downloaded 2.616b

on a new computer, lc-1 not logging other than zeros

oops my bad, program works well with lc-1, as mentioned before, no driver for the usb/serial means no service.

Last edited by nothere; Jul 5, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

I've got a question involving the fuel trims. Mine are still reading 0.1008. In another thread, someone told me I had to turn the immobilizer off using the periphery bits, but that didn't work. Is there anything else I'm missing? I've been searching for a couple of hours and came up with nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by D-VO; Jul 4, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoX_SA
Evoscan is pissing me off. I have made 20 damn logs just fine, but it won't let me freaking access them through windows. Everytime I go into SavedDataLogs there isn't anything there but Sample logs. When I open EvoScan it says "Running Windows Vista Only Read Access - Folder permission updated Successfully" But it will let me view them in evoscan. What the hell is going, someone help me before I throw is laptop out the damn window.
^^^ THIS!

Along with zero ability to update the data xml file and have new requests populate in evoscan.

See also,

I've been fooling with it for hours... and hours... and I'm about 2 clicks south of a full blown baby kicking rage. If I didn't have so much stuff I need on this laptop I would have already shot it to oblivion with a 12 gauge. The program itself WORKS. But I cannot seem to make it do what I NEED it to do outside of what is already there.

If you really want to get to your logs outside of evoscan, click one, hold ctrl, drag to an empty spot (while in evoscan / open) and it will copy the file. Now go through and delete the copies. You can then fetch them out of your recycle bin. Otherwise trying to move them, it says file path incorrect.

It also hangs on any kind of setup. You cannot remove / install the program fresh. So be wary. No matter what I do I cannot start over with it. It reinstalls the same way it just was when I removed it. I've tried deleting it, removing it with other programs... everything short of running the files through a shredding program.

And it still stays the same. I can't seem to fix it.

-EDIT Beta 16 works. owned...

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jul 4, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by D-VO
I haven't had a chance to try it over here yet. I've got a US 08 WRX to test it on. You have an EDM STi over there right?
JDM 2.0litre
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philr8
JDM 2.0litre
OK. Maybe there's hope for the US version.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should be driving the car in cruise when checking STFT.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
You should be driving the car in cruise when checking STFT.
This was at a cuise, I drove the car for about 10 minutes at 50 mph and saw no change.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 03:45 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hameedosh
hi hamish
been trying beta 16 on my evo x, its looking good but with the following issues
its a little bit slow
the throttle position is stuck on 100 (on USA evo works fine)
the external wideband AFR stops reading after 3 frames or so
What is your current logging rate? I'm getting around 110/sec on a slow EeePC.

Do you have a JDM EvoX? Parts of beta 14-16 were created using my (JDM) car so I may be able to help.

I used to have that wideband problem too. It turned out to be the adapter causing the problem. My old adapter worked fine with other programs such as PCMScan, but on Evoscan, it would log for a few seconds, then stop. I bought a Keyspan adapter and all is fine now.
Old Jul 4, 2009 | 05:56 PM

Any plans to make an Apple version of EvoScan?
Old Jul 5, 2009 | 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiC
What is your current logging rate? I'm getting around 110/sec on a slow EeePC.

Do you have a JDM EvoX? Parts of beta 14-16 were created using my (JDM) car so I may be able to help.

I used to have that wideband problem too. It turned out to be the adapter causing the problem. My old adapter worked fine with other programs such as PCMScan, but on Evoscan, it would log for a few seconds, then stop. I bought a Keyspan adapter and all is fine now.
1- i dont know what logging rate means is it adjutable ??
2- my evo is USDM
3- im using that same adapter on an evo 8 and it works fine

Last edited by hameedosh; Jul 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2009 | 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
^^^ THIS!

Along with zero ability to update the data xml file and have new requests populate in evoscan.

See also,

I've been fooling with it for hours... and hours... and I'm about 2 clicks south of a full blown baby kicking rage. If I didn't have so much stuff I need on this laptop I would have already shot it to oblivion with a 12 gauge. The program itself WORKS. But I cannot seem to make it do what I NEED it to do outside of what is already there.

If you really want to get to your logs outside of evoscan, click one, hold ctrl, drag to an empty spot (while in evoscan / open) and it will copy the file. Now go through and delete the copies. You can then fetch them out of your recycle bin. Otherwise trying to move them, it says file path incorrect.

It also hangs on any kind of setup. You cannot remove / install the program fresh. So be wary. No matter what I do I cannot start over with it. It reinstalls the same way it just was when I removed it. I've tried deleting it, removing it with other programs... everything short of running the files through a shredding program.

And it still stays the same. I can't seem to fix it.

-EDIT Beta 16 works. owned...
Doing a little research I found you have to hit the compatibility button when the explorer windows opens and they will pop up.
Old Jul 5, 2009 | 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

hey sic
i just did a 10 minute log for my x, and the rate is 110/sec the evoscan interface speed is awesome but it is slow on the log file it self
Old Jul 5, 2009 | 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

hi hamish
been trying beta 16 on my evo x, its looking good but with the following issues
its a little bit slow
the throttle position is stuck on 100 (on USA evo works fine)
the external wideband AFR stops reading after 3 frames or so
Hmm...I just tried beta 16 on an EVO X and the "USA" section doesn't work but the top section of tabs does work. Also, when I first loaded it, I noticed the baudrate was set to that of my EVO 8 and throttle was also stuck at 100. I bumped it up to 500000 and it read throttle with no problem.
Old Jul 5, 2009 | 03:59 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

hey sic
i just did a 10 minute log for my x, and the rate is 110/sec the evoscan interface speed is awesome but it is slow on the log file it self
Can you post up your log file? I have a feeling Hamish may have used the wrong addresses for the USDM.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review