Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try reverting to a known good version for an easy diag tool to eliminate or condemn evoscan as a the source of your problem.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah could be faulty laptop most likely, or sometimes i have noticed if I pull the op2 usb in and out a lot it will blue screen the device drivers.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo4mad
Yeah could be faulty laptop most likely, or sometimes i have noticed if I pull the op2 usb in and out a lot it will blue screen the device drivers.
it very well could be me bumping the cable, I'll try to pay more attention and see if that's got something to do with it.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Otherwise if you still have problems, you can log a helpdesk call, www.evoscan.org/helpdesk and I can monitor your PC or I can have EvoScan on 5 pcs here and leave them running overnight.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 09:54 AM
Account Disabled

IIRC it usually happens when I'm manipulating something while it's logging. Setting up gauges, checking/unchecking items, hiding items not being used. I may just stop logging before doing that sort of thing and see if the BSOD goes away for starters and make sure I don't bump the cable. I was just curious if anyone else ran into my issue. If I can't narrow it down I'll open a support ticket and go from there.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I keep getting a "shutdown error" w/ 2.5... Car off, plug in the tactrix and the WB serial to usb from zeitronix, and start car and 1 out of 10 or so tries, and it completely shuts my comp down... Followed the link to try and figure out whats happening, and its telling me I have a "shutdown error" or "bluescreen". I dont get a bluescreen, but my comp. just shuts down... Im thinking this has to do w/ the laptop, and not the software, but Im curious to see if any1 else has had this issue...
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You have really been busy Hamish, holy crap the updates are pouring in! Great job.

I used the newest version to log two cars today, EVO8 and EVOX. EVO8-9 logging has worked do well for so long I don't think there is much more you can do to improve it. The EVOX has come along great lately. I am sure you are working on the things I am going to mention, if not and you have time, please put them on your list. Also if the problem is on my end please let me know what to do.

The air intake temp reads the same values at the coolant temp on the EVOX, that is the only thing I noticed not reading correctly right now, if it's on my end please let me know.

It would be great to have calculated or 2 byte load. It would also be great if since the EVOX already has a 3 bar map sensor if it would log actual boost.

Other than those few things, I am one happy dude!
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

It would be great to have calculated or 2 byte load. It would also be great if since the EVOX already has a 3 bar map sensor if it would log actual boost.

Other than those few things, I am one happy dude!
Mode23 in Evoscan logs both those things David.

Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

GST, so you data log in EvoScan and then import the file into Data Log Lab? Why? Why not just use EvoScan?
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can that data log lab be used with evo8 logging?
i like the fix graph max scale option
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:11 PM
Account Disabled

yes
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 08:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xbox4414
GST, so you data log in EvoScan and then import the file into Data Log Lab? Why? Why not just use EvoScan?
I don't import anything, it opens up evoscan files. It takes one app switch and one open dialogue box.

This is not to take anything away from Hamish, as his logger works awesome and I have been using it for years since his first ever beta. The reason I use DataLogLab as well is because the visualization and log analyzing tools are currently superior.

Espically for large data files like laps around a race track and not single pulls:

Of course none of that would exist to visualize without EvoScan.

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Jul 29, 2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Holy snap, those graphs are oh so pretty, LOL. Ya when I meant import I meant using the EvoScan logs but Log Works for visuals. Hmm I should look into Log Works maybe then....god all these programs and choosing which to buy is hard...and hard on the personal wallets too. LOL.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
can that data log lab be used with evo8 logging?
i like the fix graph max scale option
There is a fix graph max feature in EvoScan, double click each data item and set the Graph Max value, there is also a max Gauge value there too.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

LogWorks is free if you have a Innovate wideband sensor.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review