Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009 | 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Hamish

when will you release the multi gauge display support?

Thanks

mlocatel

Originally Posted by evo4mad
8th August 2009 EvoScan GPS Navigator Version 1.5 Released.

New Features:
- Connects to FTDI to Serial USB Adapter for Innovate LC1 wideband readings.
yes it must be FTDI brand adapter cable, you can check on windows to be sure using usbview to be certain
your serial to usb adapter contains the correct VID 0403 and PID 6001 (PID CC4A will also work)
yes you can get one from www.limitless.co.nz/cables for $17.50
yes you will need at least a small 2, 3, or 4port usb hub, so that you can have two usb cables connected at once. (try to just get a generic usb one, I found some of the fancy hubs that had lots of other slots included, i.e duo/mmc slots. caused issues with "missing driver" popups)
- EVO9 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2005-07 Mitsubishi Evo9/EclipseAT)
- EVO7/8 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2001-05 Mitsubishi Evo7/8/Lancer/GS/GT)
- LogSeconds in the csv log file would reset to 0 when autoreconnect is enabled, this is now fixed.
- Alarms would save ok, but when going to edit them, the list only showed the last alarm duplicated down the list, this is now fixed.
- Sometimes I would double click the EvoScan menu icon by accident and it would load two copies of EvoScan,
which caused the second copy of EvoScan that was open to have an error connecting to the Cable which
was already in use by the other EvoScan copy. this is now fixed.

The Download for EvoScanPPC v1.5 is available on the GPSNav private website. If you own an EvoScan GPSNav, and don't have a link to this private website, log a support call at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk/

Installation Instructions:
1. Did you purchase your EvoScan GPS Navigator before 28th July 2009? then firstly upgrade your Operating System Firmware to v106 (as shown on the gpsnav private website. If you own an EvoScan GPSNav, and don't have a link to this private website, log a support call at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk/ )
2. Exit to the main menu on the display unit.
3. Remove the blue SD card from the side of your display unit
4. Insert the Blue SDCard it into your Red PC USB/SD card adapter, and plug the usb end into your laptop or PC.
5. If a dialog appears, choose "browse" disk
6. EvoScanPPC v1.5 is a full directory install, so please rename the EvoScanPPC folder to EvoScanPPC_Old (or backup the EvoScanPPC folder by copying it to your PC Somewhere, or delete the EvoScanPPC folder if you have no log files you wish to keep.)
7. Unzip the file above into a folder called /EvoScanPPC/ on the sd card. (IMPORTANT Ensure the folder is called "EvoScanPPC" on the sdcard)
8. Wait for the light to stop flashing on the Red SDCard Adapter
9. Replace the Blue SD Card back into the EvoScan GPS Navigator Display Unit.
10. Click EvoScan from the main menu, after it is loaded, you should see v1.5 in the top right hand corner if all is well.
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 01:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ceddy
Does anyone know what vehicles the new Chrysler Protocol is compatible with?
Chrysler Protocol is still work in progress at the moment.
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 01:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nothere
since I had the old system , formatted and downloaded the correction, then the 1.5. not getting any evoscan on the screen, a report error when I clicked the ppc within the file. as you can see I'm a little computer illiterate.
wtf, you are trying to run this on your laptop? its an update for the touchscreen not for your PC. I hope you didn't format your laptop instead of your sdcard by accident, lol.
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 01:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nothere
that may be the issue. I didn't replace 1.3 before doing 1.5. I started to reinstall 1.2 but it wouldn't download.
thanks
EvoScan GPS Navigator v1.5 is a full install, you don't need any previous versions.
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 01:33 AM

8th August 2009 EvoScan v2.6 Full Installer released.

New Features:
EvoScan EvoX parameters updated.
does it support now ACD/AYC bleeding?
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 08:31 AM
Account Disabled

Hamish, I did a fuel pump test with evoscan and it fired but when I try injectors it doesn't do anything. Your thoughts?
Old Aug 10, 2009 | 09:49 AM

Does this release support openport 2.0 for subaru or SSMII?
Old Aug 11, 2009 | 07:57 AM

Serial Wideband adapter

Hello Hamish,

I have a W02 that can emulate the LC1 but does not have the same MTS serial interface its actually a DIY kit I built (http://14point7.com/Widebands/JAW_1_03/JAW_1_03.htm)
Do you have any plans to offer a more generic serial logging hardware for the GPS unit? I'm sure I can get my JAW working even if I have to figure out the MTS (serial) but don't want to duplicate any of your future efforts!

Thanks

Charlie
Old Aug 11, 2009 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

So I got a weird issue. In the last beta my UEGO WB would log all the way thru the pull. Now with the new full v2.6 install it logs 3 seconds and then stops. Any ideas?
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xbox4414
So I got a weird issue. In the last beta my UEGO WB would log all the way thru the pull. Now with the new full v2.6 install it logs 3 seconds and then stops. Any ideas?
It could be related to the laptop battery power getting low, and the processor trying to save power. Does the other values continue to log ok?
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

It could be related to the laptop battery power getting low, and the processor trying to save power. Does the other values continue to log ok?
Battery is charged and power level set to max performance. Everything else logs okay.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any way to hard wire this unit for power or does the supplied 12v cig lighter cable have to be used?
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

perhaps the logger needs more time before processing the UEGO serial stream, can you try datalogging (ticking) more or less dataitems, and see if that makes any difference when logging.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JordanS4
Is there any way to hard wire this unit for power or does the supplied 12v cig lighter cable have to be used?
yes, but it needs a usb5v connector (not the car 12v), so yes you can buy a 12v to 5v chip from the electronics store and hook it up. otherwise you can just pull the cigerette lighter adapter apart and wire it indirectly to 12v.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by antons.bungis
does it support now ACD/AYC bleeding?
It appears to only work with Evo4/5/6 for AYC, I need to find someone local with an Evo9 to try it on any voluenteers in NZ?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review