Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009 | 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
H. if i have my wideband wired in to the ecu on mut12? what log name is that in the list?

Last edited by leecavturbo; Aug 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO4MAD,

I had a question, If i wanted to, could I buy the software interface for your touchscreen. I had a sweet idea that i might try but im only gonna pursue it if you willing to sell that GUI program.

eg:

I was gonna make a Car PC so that way i have less clutter and if i had windows xp on it, i can load your GUI on it.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

The EvoScan program you can buy for PCs already has layout the same/similar to that shown above built in ... Click 'Gauges & Layouts' menu item, select 'Load / Display Gauge Layout' from drop-down menu, and then select the gauge layout you like.

If you don't already have the EvoScan program for PCs, you can buy it for $25 here:
http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/

Last edited by SoCal Rally; Aug 13, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4mad
yes, but it needs a usb5v connector (not the car 12v), so yes you can buy a 12v to 5v chip from the electronics store and hook it up. otherwise you can just pull the cigerette lighter adapter apart and wire it indirectly to 12v.
Ok thanks. By wiring it indirectly, you mean cutting off the end of the 12v power cord for the GPS unit, and soldering them to these wires? Or something else?

Old Aug 13, 2009 | 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought one of your loggers. Just waiting on it...
where can i find maps for the GPS?
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

perhaps the logger needs more time before processing the UEGO serial stream, can you try datalogging (ticking) more or less dataitems, and see if that makes any difference when logging.

Hamish, so I have just 6 items logging. It's using Mode23. I went back and used beta 18 today. The WB stops logging with Beta18 after about 7 second... With the full release V2.6 it stops after about 3 seconds. I'm using the Prolific USB-to-serial Comm Port. It has been working for PCMScan. Any ideas?
Old Aug 13, 2009 | 07:05 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

is there any reason why i have the whp checked but it doesnt acutally give me a reading?

have a turbo oz rally lancer using evoscan 2.5 and a tatrix 1.3 cable

here is a link to the log:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7393562-post163.html
Old Aug 15, 2009 | 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Question

Since there is ZERO in the way of a manual I have like a dozen questions:

1. I don't know what format the fuel usage displays, but it's certainly not liters/100km like it should? Why? What could be the cause? The numbers that DO show up are much lower...

2. I have Ecutek and can't read my ECU... How can I remedy this? Says something like "no working init code". But I seem to remember I got a bit further a few months ago on the same car... Didn't work either then, but it aborted at a later point...
Since I currently don't have access to a laptop, that's pretty important.

3. Where is the difference in the gauge setup screen between "Start logging automatically" and "log to cvs automatically"?

4. A few months ago the option to "show gauges without logging" was meant to be added... Did that happen? If so how do you do it?

5. Since there is a coolant-temp readout, is there also one for oil-temp? Couldn't find one, but it might just be named differently...

Thanks in advance!

PS: Is there a more appropriate thread for these questions? Or a special forum for the Gps nav unit?
Old Aug 15, 2009 | 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

1. you have to enter the correct formula for you car into the data.xml file, I am not sure what the formula is, perhaps someone on here has a formula for your car. basically its just a function of the Injector Pulse Width. the more milliseconds of fuel injector basically means the more fuel is being consumed. what I have noticed though, is that the more you put your foot down, the more fuel you consume. and if you're engine braking you are using Zero fuel. Idle uses more fuel than engine braking.

2. You will need to ask ecuTek to unlock your ecu. or ask Ecutek for the unlock code, its a 4 digit number. or you can use EvoScan and start guessing all numbers from 0001 to 9999

3. yes there is an option to "auto start logger", and yes there is an option to "auto log to csv"

4. yes there is an "Auto Show Gauges" option.

5. I have never seen an oil temp sensor plugged into any Mitsubishi Evo4's, does yours have one!?
Old Aug 15, 2009 | 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Hamish any ideas on my issue?
Old Aug 15, 2009 | 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xbox4414
So I got a weird issue. In the last beta my UEGO WB would log all the way thru the pull. Now with the new full v2.6 install it logs 3 seconds and then stops. Any ideas?
Same problem here, when just logging in my garage with lap top lugged in to oac outlet.
Old Aug 15, 2009 | 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah i have the same issue with AEM problem here, can someone please fix it. Oh yeah, I wrote this software. ok all fixed... there was an extra carraige return that I forgot to strip off when parsing the AEM serial input, my bad. I'll post v2.7 beta1 with the fix shortly.
Old Aug 16, 2009 | 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a screenshot showing the 2nd axis now added to the Gauge Screen. If you add a ChartMin > 0 and a ChartMax to a logger dataitem then it will create an axis on the right hand side and scale it accordingly.

unlimited 2nd axis's? so i will have 2 right hand scales if i add chart min chart max to wideband and load etc?
Old Aug 16, 2009 | 01:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
no just 1 extra axis. the first entry in the xml will dictate the axis limits...
Old Aug 16, 2009 | 01:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
no just 1 extra axis. the first entry in the xml will dictate the axis limits...
in my data xml all data items seem to have chart max min values already?
but wideband is what i want as second axis but doesn't show
wideband is the first in my xml

Last edited by leecavturbo; Aug 16, 2009 at 01:54 AM.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review