Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009 | 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Do I have to create a different folder for the beta version to work?
Yes, the beta zip file contains only the updated files.

Originally Posted by xbox4414
Take the exe file and drag it into the EvoScan folder, it will ask if you want to copy the new file and replace the old exe file and the answer is yes. You want to replace the old file with the new one. Then open it and it should be good.
Or you can make a copy of your EvoScan v2.5/v2.6 folder, rename the copied folder to e.g. EvoScan v2.7Beta2, and then unzip EvoScanv2.7Beta2.zip into the new folder replacing the existing files ... that way you can run either the latest officially released version or the latest beta version.
Old Aug 26, 2009 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the help. One more computer question...I uninstalled all the programs (ecuflash, evoscan, and the openport drivers), I reinstalled them and now the openport drivers wont install fully after I plug the cable into the laptop. It shows the drivers being successfully installed during the installation of ecuflash though. I tried going into program files, x64 and doing it that way, but no success. Any ideas?

Edit: I did this before you guys gave me the answer on how to transfer the beta version. I think I may have screwed myself somehow.
Old Aug 27, 2009 | 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I updated to 2.7 beta 2, it looks like it logs, then it says not responding, and I look at the log and everything I was logging is flat. Help, n00b here with updating to new versions.
Old Aug 29, 2009 | 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

So Hamish hasn't updated his site and I think he hasn't mentioned it on here, but I popped my SDCard out for no reason the other day to find a 2gb card vs. the 1gb card it says it comes with.
Old Sep 3, 2009 | 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mini USB Extension

For those that do not like having all that cable running up the center of the car to the mirror etc, here is something that might help. http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-2mbext-12gl5.html

I just ordered it last night and got a UPS tracking number this afternoon. It will allow you to extend the length of the pigtail that connects to the GPS-Logger so the "Y" portion of it along with the OBD cable can all be tucked away in the glove box or behind the center console.

Now I just wish the mount were shallower so the unit could sit closer to the window tucked behind the mirror. My Garmin can do that and I can still use the visor, but not with this mount
Old Sep 3, 2009 | 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Few questions about the GPS/logger:

1.) can you correct he issue where loss of 12v power defaults evoscanPPC loading?
-I have gotten into the habbit of unplugging before powering the car down. But it would be nice to fix that.
2.) can you create a way for us to modify the gauges like in PC Evoscan?
-not a huge fan of analog dials.
3.) can we have an option to not log to screen, so to enable faster logging speeds?

Random wishes
#1- a simple map editor
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

iGO GPS Text to Speech (TTS)

Does anyone else hvea this working? One of the voices available to choose is female - Susan (TTS) v1.0 but it doesn't actually work. I get no instructions at all no less speaking street names. The others work but of course they aren't TTS and only say "Turn right in 500 ft" etc.
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone else here use STiScan? I've noticed 2.0 is available now for the Subarus, but it doesn't work on my 08 test car.
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the GPS/Logger will power up when plugged in even with the switch on the bottom in the off position. What that also means is that it will power down when power is removed vs. staying on and requiring you to manually shut it down. Interestingly the red light isn't on either when the switch is off but it is plugged into power. And when you flip the switch you can hear the high pitched sound of what I assume is the power regulator. If you can't hear an old tube TV turn on then you can't hear that sound either

I realize there is the suspend button but 1) I don't want to have to remember to suspend and 2) my GPS often sits for too long without being used which would still let the battery drain unless I remember to turn the switch off.

Hmmm I wonder if the battery is charging or not when the switch is off? Too lazy to check at the moment.
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D-VO
Does anyone else here use STiScan? I've noticed 2.0 is available now for the Subarus, but it doesn't work on my 08 test car.
i also have an 08 STI with open port 2 cable, i purchased the evoscan software to log mainly evos but would be nice if the STIscan feature also worked.

Phil
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philr8
i also have an 08 STI with open port 2 cable, i purchased the evoscan software to log mainly evos but would be nice if the STIscan feature also worked.

Phil
OH! One more thing regarding STiScan, "knock correction" reads a constant 63.5 wether the car is running or not, and does not move when knock correction was apparent using another logger. Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the GPS/Logger will power up when plugged in even with the switch on the bottom in the off position. What that also means is that it will power down when power is removed vs. staying on and requiring you to manually shut it down. Interestingly the red light isn't on either when the switch is off but it is plugged into power. And when you flip the switch you can hear the high pitched sound of what I assume is the power regulator. If you can't hear an old tube TV turn on then you can't hear that sound either

I realize there is the suspend button but 1) I don't want to have to remember to suspend and 2) my GPS often sits for too long without being used which would still let the battery drain unless I remember to turn the switch off.

Hmmm I wonder if the battery is charging or not when the switch is off? Too lazy to check at the moment.
the battery does not charge with the switch off. the switch basically disconnects the battery.
i'm pretty shocked the battery doesn't last a week from fully charged when its in suspend mode
having to reset the date is a real bain and when you forget and do some logging when you come to review them its a right game searching thru all the files with very very similar dates/times eg all 2003

Last edited by leecavturbo; Sep 6, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

I just let the gps connect before logging, that ensures that the correct date will be updated no matter what.

Anyone know of any ecuedit type programs that run on winCE?
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoCalRedLine
I just let the gps connect before logging, that ensures that the correct date will be updated no matter what.

Anyone know of any ecuedit type programs that run on winCE?
really? intresting i'll try that see if it works for me
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

yeah the clock updates with the GPS it seams but not permenantly as far as I can tell. I was getting really frustrated with the GPS when first turning on being off an hour like it wasn't picking up daylight savings or something and then about a minute or two later it would correct itself. I fought with the gps time settings trying to get it right. then I figured out that the units OS time was off an hour and once I set that all was good. So, if you don't actually set the time right it seems you still get annoying issues.

that being said, I still turn the unit off when I remove it from the window, but I think I'm going to leave it "off" once the battery is charged and let it shut down with the car.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review