Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2009 | 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, I have two solutions coming up for the date issue, one is that EvoScan will run the Auto GPS time sync in the background, could take up to 5 minutes to get a Time sync form the satellites though, the other is that I'm gonna put the csv log filenames in a sequential number order so that you know which is the latest csv logs.

Another thing mentioned above is the standby, most GPS software will "countdown" its own standby procedure after the power is disconnected. igo8 on the EvoScan GPS Nav already does this, I am going to add the same to EvoScan in the upcoming EvoScanPPC v1.7, so then you don't have to press the standby button yourself.
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamish what is that status of Map Tracer for the Evo X ROM's?
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
forget all that ... what is the status of map editing :O Seriously I'm really impressed with the logging, but honestly I've almost played with the GPS more at this point. And that is because without map editing the logging, for me, is mostly eye candy. Without it I still need to lug my laptop in the car for map editing and flashing.

Oh yeah and are there other sources for alternative, less bulky, mounts?
Another thing mentioned above is the standby, most GPS software will "countdown" its own standby procedure after the power is disconnected. igo8 on the EvoScan GPS Nav already does this,
really? huh I suppose I've been turning it off by hand and not noticed this yet. I'll have to go outside and try it.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

13th September 2009
EvoScanPPCv1.6.zip <- EXE only, just extract and overwrite your existing EvoScanPPC.exe in the SD Card \EvoScanPPC\ folder.
(Login to your EvoScan GPSNav website for the latest update)

New Features For EvoScan GPSNav Software - EvoScanPPC v1.6
- NEW: The saveddatalog files now save in a sequential order, so regardless of the date/time stamp, you will always be able to find the latest log file.
- NEW: MUTII EFI ECU Actuators now working on my Evo7/8 ecu. Should work on other ecus too.
- FIX: Connects to Evo7/8 ecu for reflashing now, timing issue introduced in v1.5 by accident. Also allows reflashing even when a wideband USB cable is attached, before it would select the wrong usb cable.
- NOTE: You can READ DTC and CLEAR DTC, even when the car is driving. Great for when the check engine light comes on whilst driving to see if it is important enough to pull over the car to the side of the road or not.
- NOTE: I tested the read/write ECU ROM reflash whilst driving, it shut my car down, so I would recommend pulling over before read or write ECU roms.
- FIX: Connects more readily when the device is disconnected on its own, mostly with the Wideband connected this happens.
- FIX: The alarms would not save and load correctly after restarting EvoScanPPC, now the alarms will work even after closing and re-opening EvoScanPPC.
- NOTE: AYC/ABS Actuators are currently not finished yet. AYC/ABS DTC codes are currently not finished yet.
- NOTE: LapTimer and 1/4Mile screens are greyed out because they are currently work in progress.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates coming for EvoScan 2.7? I'm really missing the map tracer for the X...

Last edited by xbox4414; Sep 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

12th September 2009: EvoScan v2.7 beta3 released, download here.
- EvoX CAN OBDII support added.
- EvoX MapTracer support added.
- Misc performance improvements.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

OMG I love you! LOL. You rock so much Hamish!
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Doesn't work for me.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

MapTracer doesn't seem to work for me...
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xbox4414
MapTracer doesn't seem to work for me...
I can't even get the program to open with that version for me. Also, everytime I download I'm getting a ton of bull**** temporary files. I don't know why. It's pissing me off though.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

The link above is just a zip file. Open it and then drag evoscan.exe and replace the existing evoscan.exe file.

Works fine for me, but MapTracer doesn't...
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xbox4414
The link above is just a zip file. Open it and then drag evoscan.exe and replace the existing evoscan.exe file.

Works fine for me, but MapTracer doesn't...
Could not find part of the path is what it keeps saying to me.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Are you opening the exe file IN the EvoScan folder where the installer put the file? Or are you opening the file from desktop or in the zip location. I get that when the exe file is not in the location of the other EvoScan files that the installer made under programs.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry, you xml data is invalid or out of date, send yours to evoscan.org and hamish will happily fix it for you. ??????????? Don't know what the **** it's talking about.

The file is not in the evoscan folder. opening it wherever it put it when I downloaded it. It didn't give me an option to put it anywhere. It went into a temporary internet file folder.
Old Sep 12, 2009 | 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever since I downloaded v2.6 with the beta 2.7, I'm having problems opening logs in excel. I keep getting error messages and file location errors. Here's a screen shot of what I'm getting. I tried opening them directly from evoscan- no luck, I've tried copying and pasting to the saved datalog folder- no luck.
I'm converting to SD in the next week or so, so I need to have as many logs as possible to go over for a smooth conversion. Having them open in excel is obviously the most accurate way to view.
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscan-log-error.jpg  

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review