Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010 | 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have win7 and had the edit issue and I went into the virtual folder under my user name and removed the evoscan folder (moved to desktop temporarily)....I wanted to see if the program still worked and it did. I can edit the xml now without issue and its still in my programs folder.

Every feature seems to work fine......
Old Jun 1, 2010 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

Can someone help with Evoscan 2.6 ? My logs are mad.. When I try open it in the evoscan the AFR scale is between 0-100 scale ?! I can not view my log like in the picture :

Here is picture about my log :

and doesnt appear the small note on point to see the exact afr boost rpm load knock ?!

Anyway How can I open my log in Excel like that ?

I tried it but it was only numbers and text no graph or like that.
Plese help, thank you !

Last edited by VGergo; Jun 1, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2010 | 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the help fellas. I ended up uninstalling 2.7 Beta Final and re-installed it into a a new folder i made off the main directory. C:ProgramsEvoScan\EvoScan v2.7 and then edited the .xml and everything worked as expected. Thanks again.....u guys rock.
Old Jun 1, 2010 | 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know if the new evoscan works with the lm-2, via usb and not with serial patch cable
Old Jun 1, 2010 | 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iTune
Having a weird issue with v2.7. Anytime i try to add anything or edit .xml in EvoScan, it throws error "Sorry, errors were found in orginal data.xml, you cannot save the xml file until these errors are corrected". But, i've never edited the .xml, so this is the original .xml. Also, when i try editing the .xml myself and replace the original .xml, the new .xml will not show up in EvoScan(does not reflect the changes to data item list), even though the data.xml has the new settings in it.

It also say permission read only at the bottom of the program, does this mean anything?

All i want to do it add the Omni 4 bar into the data.xml.

Thanks fellas!
Same problem here using 2.7 Beta 2.

I just ordered/payed for the final V2.7 version, so hopefully that problem won't be carried over.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 02:00 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by VGergo
Hello,
Can someone help with Evoscan 2.6 ? When I try open it in the evoscan the AFR scale is between 0-100 scale ?! I can not view my log like in the picture :
I tried it but it was only numbers and text no graph or like that.
Plese help, thank you !
am I missing something here or is your graph perfect? your AFR scale is on the right hand side.. i.e. 13 to 11 AFR, your AFR is looking great. I added the AFR scale on the right hand side done as a special request from you guys.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 02:03 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by iTune
Thanks for the help fellas. I ended up uninstalling 2.7 Beta Final and re-installed it into a a new folder i made off the main directory. C:ProgramsEvoScan\EvoScan v2.7 and then edited the .xml and everything worked as expected. Thanks again.....u guys rock.
yeah seems like vista and win7 really hates software with config files in the program files folder because its soo locked down, I think win7 and vista wants us to use the c:\users\ folder for all user edited information. I guess v2.8 of evoscan will have to comply thoroughly. In the meantime, just give full control permissions to evoscan installed to folder and you won't have a problem, as instructed on my website. The bottom status bar of evoscan when you start up if it says "read only" then you may have a problem and should set full control permissions to the folder yourself. it will say read/write in the evoscan status bar when its installed and working correctly.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 02:08 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by travman
I have win7 and had the edit issue and I went into the virtual folder under my user name and removed the evoscan folder (moved to desktop temporarily)....I wanted to see if the program still worked and it did. I can edit the xml now without issue and its still in my programs folder.
Every feature seems to work fine......
Hi travman, can you please paste here the full path to the virtual folder so that others know what you are referring too so they can delete it, thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
am I missing something here or is your graph perfect? your AFR scale is on the right hand side.. i.e. 13 to 11 AFR, your AFR is looking great. I added the AFR scale on the right hand side done as a special request from you guys.
but i dont have afr scale on the right hand and the knock sum scale is bad too . How can I have afr scale ? or view my log in Excel would be the best.

It is my log :

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6392/83782767.jpg

that is all what can I see.

Last edited by VGergo; Jun 2, 2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 02:10 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by burnzy
anyone know if the new evoscan works with the lm-2, via usb and not with serial patch cable
I have lots of widebands, but I don't have a PLX nor LM2, so I can't confirm nor test. if you have one of these widebands and would like to work with me directly to get this working, let me know via PM. thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2010 | 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
I have lots of widebands, but I don't have a PLX nor LM2, so I can't confirm nor test. if you have one of these widebands and would like to work with me directly to get this working, let me know via PM. thanks.
+1 for LM2
thanks
Old Jun 6, 2010 | 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

is V1.9 working for anyone?

my lame self, working fine.

Last edited by nothere; Jun 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2010 | 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Small problem here with Evoscan.
I recently purchased Evoscan 2.7 Beta final and have a problem logging IDC.

Amongst others, I have IDC and IPW checked for logging.
IPW logs fine but IDC just shows zero's, which is odd as IDC is an calcualtion based on the IPW data, and you would expect to see values for IDC if IPW was logging fine.

My Evo8 uses the latest 96530706 and I have gone as far as flashing the stock std rom back onto the car but it made no difference, IDC still shows as 0 while logging.

I logged a support ticket with Hamish but have not received any solutions as yet.

Anyone have any idea/suggestions of what might be wrong?

Thx
Old Jun 11, 2010 | 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Common problem with an easy fix. IPW must be above IDC in the logging list for IDC to work properly.
Old Jun 11, 2010 | 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the_mork
Common problem with an easy fix. IPW must be above IDC in the logging list for IDC to work properly.
Lol, I didn't excpect that.
Thx man.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review