Notices
ECU Flash

Changed back to stock intake and different bov, now getting p0234?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Changed back to stock intake and different bov, now getting p0234?

I decided to swap my crappy Injen intake back to the stock piece last week, and change over to a Greddy RS valve with the single spring mod. The results were amazing at first, much better idle, smoother vacuum/boost transitions, and no more compressor surge. At first I also noticed my boost pressure was also lower than normal, instead of the normal 25psi spike and settling to 21 it would only spike to 21psi and drop to around 17-18 (these are rough numbers according to the gauge btw.). I figured my RS valve didn't have enough spring pressure and was leaking boost, well I was right. I tightened the spring down a littler further until it didn't leak and still didn't get any surge. Only problem is now I thought I was hitting boost cut (boost cut in 5 gears too which I never got before) and now I'm boosting much higher than before (26psi spike and never dropping below 23) and on top of it I'm triggering a p0234 code. At first I thought it was because of the boost limit, but the code reads as a wastegate actuator problem. Any thoughts on this? I raised my cut limit by about 5% over what I previously had it set at (260%) and I'm going to try that to see if it's what caused it.

Also is it normal to see a gain in power from swapping back to the stock intake pipe? I haven't gotten a good log of it yet (I broke my laptop screen ) but from what I can tell even with the lower pressure numbers my peak load number seems to be hitting sooner in the rpm band and it pulls much harder than previously...making the car a good 1/2 second quicker than previously with the Injen piece.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, there was nothing wrong with the actuator, seemed to be a by-product of hitting the boost cut that kept tossing the code. I reflashed it with a higher cut limit and the code went away with none pending.