Notices
ECU Flash

sorry I havn't been online recently...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave, I am glad you are OK...Send me your paypal account and I'll send a donation for all of your work on the ECUs...Your are a great asset to the Evo community!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to hear you came away from it in good (personal) shape; that's one hell of a crash.

It goes without saying, but take some time off and clear your head a bit. Don't worry about giving us updates or making releases or anything like that, you've got enough to deal with right now.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Damb tephra, I'm really sorry to hear about this. This is truly upsetting as you are one of the cooler, upstanding guys in the community. Good luck brother. Let us know if/when we can help.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lacrosseks29
u roll it autocrossing
Are you serious?

Anyways, glad to see that you're physically okay -cars can be replaced. Like most have mentioned, you're of great value to the EvoM ECUFlash sub-forums and to the community in general. Hope to see you back behind the wheel of an Evo soon!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
that must have been one heck of a ride

Im glad to see that you are ok. cars can be replaced, people cant.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, to hear about your car. But we are all so glad you are fine. Hopefully, you will find yourself behind the wheel of another evo in the future.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Glad you're okay. Like others said you have provided a tremendous contribution to this community. Let us know how we can help.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

damn, you know it's bad when the wing dont even survive, glad to see you're ok man, could have been a lot worse, stay strong
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Dave...I am glad you are ok! Go on with your work and your life, we need your help! But if I can do something for you or if I can help you somehow just ask me.

E-mail me to:

skynight@lancerevoclub.com
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to here about your accident. Glad you are ok.

As for ECU development, I think it's great that you provide donation based mods. Financially however, it would make a lot of sense to create your own software interface that improved on the capabilities of ECUFlash and sell it for profit if you are capable of doing so.

http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3summary

I'm not saying to copy what these guys are doing over to the EVO, but I have used DSMLink for years and found it to be an excellent product. Having datalogging, analysis, troubleshooting and tuning capabilities in 1 program is SO much better then having to swap between various programs to tune a car. I think I paid $450 for my original copy and $600 on my second car and it was by far the most cost effective improvements I have ever done on my cars. While I love free support and donation based mods, for you it would make a lot of sense to turn your hobby into a profitable business.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:24 PM
Account Disabled

OMG!

Tephra glad you are ok, that is a horrible situation, glad you escaped unscathed.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Again, glad you are ok
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Dude, glad you came out ok. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me several years ago on the street (except no embankment), but both the car and I came out ok. I feel for your financial woes. Its no fun being in debt for something like this. I think a "payoff tephra's evo" donation campaign needs to get started. Seriously, for what you have done for the community, I don't think its asking too much for people to donate $100 towards paying off your car.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred
Dude, glad you came out ok. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me several years ago on the street (except no embankment), but both the car and I came out ok. I feel for your financial woes. Its no fun being in debt for something like this. I think a "payoff tephra's evo" donation campaign needs to get started. Seriously, for what you have done for the community, I don't think its asking too much for people to donate $100 towards paying off your car.
lets get it started! can we have a goal (a set payoff amount) and anything beyond that still goes to Tephra, it would just be nice to know we took care of him.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
glad to see you are alright...as stated a car can be replaced your life cannot
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
WOW im very sorry to see you lose your car. but at least your ok. thats the only thing that will ever matter

to the evo community
this guy has given us so much of his time, knowledge, and dedication to tuning and tweaking the evo ecu and much more. he never asked for anything from us other then feedback on his work. maybe we as a community can return the favor and help a man in need. he now as a evo that is unpaid for and can not be fixed. i think its are time to return the favor and all come to gether and contribute a little donation to help clrear up some of that lease he has.

Quick Reply: sorry I havn't been online recently...